Thread: Closing a Previous Decade Of Posts! Congratulations!

Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Closing a Previous Decade Of Posts! Congratulations!

Well gang (which has dwindled to no one other than myself I believe),
    We've made it an entire decade here on hostboard come January 16th, 2011.

An entire decade filled with posts by many who've gone onto bigger and hopefully better things than worrying about a message board and the posts contained therein.

Some of the most prominent posters I seem to recall:

Parch - the creator! The mind who started this all 10 years ago. I believe it was originally created as an assignment for a class he was taking, but soon after asking a few of us close friends to post here, others came. When the others came, it 'took off', and it gave us all something we were very excited to be a part of. When we met people we didn't know, we talked of it and encouraged them to find us. Some of them did and posted for brief stints here and there until the friendships were severed, or they forgot about us, whatever.

Machinery - A co-founder! His crazy poetry ranging from pure rage to pure natural beauty and everything in between. His growing as a person was reflected in each and every piece he'd throw up on here. He's still out there growing and we stay in contact from time to time. We don't see each other as often as we'd enjoy I fear, but he's still doing his thing. Writing, deleting, writing, throwing-away, writing, still writing.

Myself (Hannibal) - also a co-founder. I've been alive, and checking in every once in a while to make sure this place still exists. I've created backups of every thread on this site in the event it ever goes the way of the ghost. I'd hate for all of our words to be fallen into the vast void of a massive 'delete'. My recent poems are posted on All Poetry under the user name hannylicious.

Kalyope - She still writes. She exists! I see her from time to time in person and stay at their wonderful house! She is an amazing cook and bakes the most delicious things in the world. Her writing has a tendency to be so serious and heavy, but her baking most definitely is not - it's light, airy and delicious. She still writes, but does so over at All Poetry under the username pixxiepoetess (I may have that spelled wrong).

Crazy A - What a writer. When he stumbled onto this board, we all took a step back and looked at what we were writing I think. He came in here with a bit of wisdom under his belt none of us had at that time and a lot more focus than many of us. His work was very polished and difficult to critique because of the high quality that existed within them. He disappeared for a long while, re-appearing once he re-discovered the site and his login. He promptly disappeared again to have never been heard from since. If by some chance he sees this - I hope you post and make yourself known. Or perhaps I'll drop you a message via e-mail if that's possible and/or you still use the e-mail you registered with.

Many users had very short stays - Trevor (I think was his name?), TruthAlexander, Fliptastic29, Rose, Sarafina Mable, demon_chloe, and many more. I apologize if I have forgotten your names as this place was in it's 'height' between the years of 2002-2004 and that's quite a while gone by to remember details!

Some of us are still in touch to this day, but they have long forgotten this place exists.

Regardless, Congratulations to everyone involved in helping this place have enough material, enough random posts, enough poetry, and enough words to have lasted a decade this January (2011).

Maybe by some miracle, we'll last another decade - hopefully not in silence.

Thank you to all that have contributed, even if you never see this.
    Madness becomes you, when you are sick.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Closing a Previous Decade Of Posts! Congratulations!

hey buddy.
    just saw this.
    you're a rock star.
    thanks.

Junior Hostboard Member thenewrant's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Closing a Previous Decade Of Posts! Congratulations!

I, too, just saw this. Goody is indeed a rock star. Thank you to both parch and Hannibal for getting this thing started. Also, thank you to everyone else that particpated.