Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This isnt really something you can post but i would like you to give it a shot. Tell me if you understand what i want you to do this is hard to explain without questions:

Take something(s) that happened to you in your recent past and reflect on it(them). Prove a point using your life as an example. To do this you must think of your life in an unbiased way. Don't assume that something is bad because it makes you feel one way, see if it is bad or good because of its affect on your life as a whole not on your personal emotions. Don't judge the expeirence(s) on how it(they) affected your emotions but how it(they) affected your life as a whole.

Let me know if you try it let me know what happens.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

elaborate

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Elborate eh. well let me tell you what i am going for. its a thinking experiment that helps you to realize things about yourself or about your life that you would be otherwise oblivious to. because people assume things and build believes that make there life comfortable. They adapt the world to give them an emotion that they are most at ease with. Like how depressed people see a lot of things as bad that arnt or a person with clinical paranoia make things up to keep them paranoid to keep life how they want it. if you take your life and force yourself to view things as they are and not distort them to make yourself comfortable you can see things you believed or based your actions on are total falacys that you created. this assignment is ment to start you into that thinking process. start writing about something that has been on your mind, a recent event, a theory, or somethign like it. after you have established what you are writing about tell yourself how you feel about it your conclusion so to speak. then think about why you reach that conclusion. this should (if i am describing it right) start you evaluating a lot of things you believe but you dont know why you never really thought out a reason (like you thought when you girlfriend dumped you it was bad because of emotion, but on further review of the relationship you see that you really were not happy and the end is a good thing). we all assume a lot of things to be simple truths but how often do we really evaluate why we think this. how often do we look deeper past ourselves and judge the events in our life in a completly unbiased way. doing this you can find out a lot about yourself.
    Hows that?

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wow! I shall try this.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hhmmm....elaborate.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just wondering if anyone attempted this and if so what happened. I wrote most of this on speed so I know its a little hard to understand but you know....

------------------

Senior Hostboard Member La Luna Unita's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This sounds like a really difficult assignment! I wonder how many people are really able to look past their own perceptions and try to objectively qualify events in their own lives. I'll try it, but I don't know how well the attempt will go...

------------------
    SexSleepEatDrinkDream

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

bump.