Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font size="6">Gundam RPG Rules</font>

1. This is a friendly place for fans of Gundam and/or Roleplaying. No flaming, trolling, spamming, racism, or sexism. Racism and sexism are defined on this board as direct insults aimed against someone of another race or sex, about that person's race or sex, with hurtful intent. Jokes are fine, but posts aimed at damaging anyone's character (the IRL kind, not the IC kind) will be deleted. What qualifies a remark as racist or sexist will be determined by the moderators (currently Nick, Fro, and myself). You will also be asked to apologize. If the remark is viewed as exceptionally vulgar, the moderators reserve the right to ban accounts from this forum indefinately (which means until we feel you've wised up, if we let you back at all.)

2. No God-Moding. This means no killing another player's character without that player's permission (thanks to the pm system, this can be done privately without giving away your plot), no controlling another player's character (ie "You run away screaming like a little girl at the sight of my ginormous muscles"). We playout combat on a trust system here. So far as I've seen, it's worked well. When you're shooting at someone, don't say you automatically hit them. Conversely, take a hit every once in a while. This was done very well in Season 1, and I'd love to see it continue to work.

3. No Gratuitous Sex. Your character's a player, a pimp, a ho? Fine. But when you get into the extreme detail, then we have a problem. We do not come here to pretend to have sex, even if we can't get any in real life. That would be like admitting we can't get any, and we must not do that! GEEK PRIDE!

4. Language. Right now I'm not too worried about language. Just don't get too excessive.

5. For goodness' sake, HAVE FUN!

Nick, Fro, if you guys have anything to add/change, go right ahead. I just did these to kinda outline what is/isn't acceptable.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 27, 2005 12:04 AM: Message edited by: Charon Thanatos ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's a biggie: Think before you post.

Seriously, every post in the RPG becomes reality in it. Having some stupid thought you think is funny and posting it immediately, without thinking about its effect on the story as a whole, could cause problems later (with the exception of dialogue, of course).

These problems tend to grow very big, very quickly, and become harder to fix after each post afterwards and we want to avoid that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've just remembered another biggy:

Differentiate between OOC and IC. This is a Roleplaying website, so most of what you'll be posting should be IC (in character). If for any reason you want to speak out of character (OOC) in an IC thread you should find someway to differentiate the OOC from the IC (ie parentheses, OOC-, OOC:, brackets, or some other nifty thing you come up with). If the thread is OOC, then you don't need to differentiate.

Differentiate between characters. If you're a multi-player (you play more than one character) you need to have some way to let us know who you're playing. My suggestion is to use the colors. To use the color option, click on the COLOR button below the text field when writing your post and enter the desired color. This can be done by typing in the color's name or number. The following colors can be used by typing their name: <font color="red">red</font>, <font color="orange">orange</font>, <font color="yellow">yellow</font>, <font color="grey">grey</font>, <font color="green">green</font>, <font color="cyan">cyan</font>, <font color="blue">blue</font>, <font color="purple">purple</font>, <font color="violet">violet</font>, <font color="brown">brown</font>, <font color="black">black</font>, <font color="gray">gray</font>, <font color="silver">silver</font>, <font color="white">white</font>, <font color="gold">gold</font>, <font color="scarlet">scarlet</font>, <font color="crimson">crimson</font>, <font color="teal">teal</font>, <font color="copper">copper</font>, <font color="bronze">bronze</font>, <font color="pink">pink</font>. To use the number system for colors, which offers you a wider variety of colors, click on this link.

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ November 19, 2005 06:02 PM: Message edited by: Charon Thanatos ]</font></font>

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 28, 2005 11:25 PM: Message edited by: Charon Thanatos ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mobile Suits: Okay, this has completely changed so he goes the NEW mobile suit policy:

1.Gundams and all other high power suits must register with a moderator. (Do not think that you are now doomed to be outclasses by the two greatest offenders of the "let's cut down on the Gundam policy". that will soon be dealt with.) There are simply too many high power suits. This is overall hurting the flow of the game right now.

2. I will put up the list of suits soon, please be aware of the following criteria.

a. Freelancers may choose any "First War" suit, regardless of faction.
    b. Members of faction may have more advanced suits but are ONLY npcs!
    c. "State-of-the-art" and "Absolute Approval" suits REQUIRE moderator permission.

http://www.mahq.net Lists practically every Mobile Suit ever to appear in any Gundam series.

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ April 02, 2006 03:59 AM: Message edited by: Nick Izumi ]</font></font>