Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is true that trust systems have worked best when the RPG was actually fun. Still, I don't want any Uber-Gundams in the new RPG. We need to figure this out more in detail.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by The Living Fro:
    But using such a complex points system requires a point value administrator to over see the even, unbiased, and fair distribution of said points. Why do you guy's love GMs so much!

The lack of a points system and GM was part of the original RPG's appeal. It offered RPGing without the tedious(ly boring) aspects foung in formal RPGs(quite like a game of Munchkin).

Basically what I'm asking is, who gets stuck GMing the "new RPG".
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would think the mods would work together to figure out how many points are given for a certain action. We set up general rules: action "x" gives "y" amount of points.

Or we could just say that all mecha more advanced than "b" is off-limits except to characters who have shown advancement by completeling "c" number of tasks of "d" difficulty. Then you can gain a mecha, or other specialized equipment, of a higher level, and then they can do this again and again, mostly focusing on the equipment aspect rather than new mechas.

Actually, how about we just do that. Get a basic MS (or fighter) from the previous list and then just upgrade its equipment as you go through the RPG. Maybe we'll have periodic "drops" where the character can request some type of upgrade (special ammunition, new gun, just about any upgrade you can think of, within reason).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

that would work, exept what we are trying to bring out is the feel of war. aye, it would get a little complex at some points, but i fell it would be worth it. If a campaign is going on and your guys isnt fighting in it, resorces are going to be hard to come by.

That i what i want to bring out. The feel of war. Allowing upgrades is what it all about. Its about actually taking care of your mecka. YOu loose a mobile suit whilst another campaign is going on, you arn't going to be getting a new one soon. While yes, the trust system is a valid system, I just feel that some people would not take things realisticly.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, whatever we do, we better do it fast, before this board becomes nothing more than a memory.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We NEED to do something. If you are FOR the OYW thing, I will at least start the story so that we can start developing our characters, if not our mobile suits.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, we better start and let everyone catch up like last time. Maybe this time we can introduce everyone at a nice, easy pace like back in season one.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sure, sounds good to me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How does this sound? We start by introducing characters... again. And we figure out the Mobile Suit stuff from there. Also, how about a registration thread for the Federation and another for Zeon?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12