Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sence we want to start a war roleplay, i have come up with several ideas to get the feel of a limited resorce pool that is common with the military.

My idea uses points.

You gain more points by compleating missions, and how well you performed.

Example: You team performs a raid on an enemy ammo dump. You not only destroy the dump, but also were able to find several item of intellegance(maps, ect) However, you lost two of you mobile suits. While you did compleate the mission, and gather info, you would still be penalized for loosing you mobile suits, remember they are precious, and if you lose many, command will be less likly to give you control of more items you might destroy.

The points will be used to aquire items, like mobile suits, weapons, modifications, and so on. thus allowing you to modify you mobile suit throught your campaign.

In the begining each player will recive points, with these points you can purchise mobile suits, and the weapons for them (thats right, weapons do not come free, you have to buy them) You can also buy better systems for your mobile suit (like giving a zaku I the sensors of a Zaku II) With your points you also must get ammo for your weapons, thus you may not want to waste ammo if you are cut off of supply.

Finaly, the points of the items will change with the course of the game. If a major campaign is launched, then prices will skyrocket, if a new item is developed it will slowly drop in cost as it is put into production. This will lead into a mixed possibility of mobile suits that will allow for players to individualize there suits, whilst rewarding them for smart action. Plus it will help equalize the playing field (no Kampher + 2 zakuII vs ubergundam)

Tell me what you think

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think you've been looking at Daris and Plaguebearer's RP's over here.

But yeah, it sounds interesting.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 07, 2006 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Charon Thanatos ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like the idea. I told Lackloss before that I liked it.

This may also be a good time for me to suggest starting units:

Federation:
    Saber Fish (Fighter Plane...)
    GM,
    GM Ground,
    Gundam Ground,
    GM Cannon

Zeon:
    Zaku I,
    Zaku II,
    Zaku IIS (Command Model),
    Gouf,
    Dom

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Charon Thanatos:
    I think you've been looking at Daris and Plaguebearer's RP's over here.

But yeah, it sounds interesting.

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ September 07, 2006 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Charon Thanatos ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">actaully no, i didnt even notice that

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Nick Izumi:
    I like the idea. I told Lackloss before that I liked it.

This may also be a good time for me to suggest starting units:

Federation:
    Saber Fish (Fighter Plane...)
    GM,
    GM Ground,
    Gundam Ground,
    GM Cannon

Zeon:
    Zaku I,
    Zaku II,
    Zaku IIS (Command Model),
    Gouf,
    Dom
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">WHAT, NO BALL?! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm all for points. I'm also all for a discussion. Of the people who've frequently posted recently 3/5 are for a new RP. The question remains about those who are not posting.

I think it's fair to say Shinsengumi Chick is NOT coming back. The last time I emailed Seifer (very long ago...) he said he was extremely busy and I know he makes an effort to post on Selectsmart from time to time, but I doubt he'll be able to continue. (Seif my friend, please scold me if I'm wrong.) Shadow Dom hasn't posted at all over the summer and Darth Cupcake hsan't had access to the internet until recently, but hasn't psoted either.

I have to playt devil's advocate here and say we can't hold up the game for everyone because a few people aren't showing up and haven't for almost a year. I am not saying we don't need them, quite the contrary, we do, their characters were very important to the story. Without them, the story can't continue. Which is why I'm pushing for this new game.

I'm considering puting up a poll, any objections, concerns, or affirmations.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Like I said, those are ideas. I also noticed I didn't mention any of Zeon's amphibious models. (Gogg, Acguy, Z'gok...)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I personally intent to put points on anything you could possibly get(Gundams will be uber expensive) so that anyone can make his char to his liking

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Have no fear! I am here!
    I'm not dead yet! Well maybe brain dead. The german trip and other things (random family camping trips) left me with very little free time or U.S. time. I'm back and here to stay! The point Idea rocks, but someone or some group will need to be the guy or guys that give out points. As long as I get my Dom I'll do anything. I'll even settle for a ZakuI if I must.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

But using such a complex points system requires a point value administrator to over see the even, unbiased, and fair distribution of said points. Why do you guy's love GMs so much!

The lack of a points system and GM was part of the original RPG's appeal. It offered RPGing without the tedious(ly boring) aspects foung in formal RPGs(quite like a game of Munchkin).

Basically what I'm asking is, who gets stuck GMing the "new RPG".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast