Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Who do you think we should be?

This is the place for any and all adjectives describing this agency. Throw your half-formed thoughts about the space you think we ought to occupy in the market. Are we edgy? Are we friendly? Are we hip? Are we functional? Are we "no-frills?" Are we "high-end?" Let's hear what you think.

A side question - eventually, we'll have to tell the client how we're organized. But on the surface, do we want to present ourselves as a typical agency, or be up-front about our "freelance" structure?

Tawk amongst yuhselves.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Let's start with a discussion of who our customers will be, beyond "the ones who don't **** ."

To my mind, the biggest value we can offer clients is agency talent without agency rates because we have little to no overhead. So it makes sense that small businesses will be our main target.

One subgroup we may want to also target is agencies who have overflow projects they need temporary help with but don't want to staff up for.

Other thoughts?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This program censors out the word "su*k"? That is freakin' lame.

Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Censored words are controlled and configured by the moderators of their respective message boards. You just need to turn it on or off and or add/remove your own words [img]wink.gif[/img]

HB Forum Owner marketingcollective's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Agreed. Smaller companies who are up-and-coming are going to have agency needs, but not want to pay agency bucks. Broadband has built Internet advertising back up into something companies need; video content is everywhere; companies who want to make a mark need content. The fact that we are lean and bullshit-free, and doing competitive work for less, would be our chief strength, I think.

So my brand thoughts lean toward "stripped-down, professional, no B.S. guns-for-hire."

Thoughts?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Definietly think the "guns for hire" angle is strong. Looking through that list of people we have a wide ranging skill set. That is quite an asset for a small company.

I think we also have some very strong tech savvy. So I would push that. Plus as Nathan mentioned the content creation is huge. Everyone wants a web presence and that presence needs content. I could see us building some very cool viral marketing pieces. Web video, games, etc.

I think this type of work probably the best place for us to start. If we can build relationships by offering fringe items that large agencies don't understand, then we can work our way up to helping with strategy and bigger picture items.

As for how we present ourselves to the client, I think the type of company we are looking for will see the freelance collective structure as a benefit. Becasue we can tap into the skills they need, we can work fast and lean, and we give them outside the box solutions.

Junior Hostboard Member bannyhanny's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Brainstorming our brand identity

Now many people use social media for making money and business development.You can promote your social media account, then success is gated!
    I recommend perfect and safe site to promote your social media accounts. You can get likes, followers, comments and more as you need to promote your brand, you will find on this site.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not always cheap ways can be justified and effective. One thing I've learned for myself is that everything has a price. And you have to pay for everything to get the best result. For promotion, I advise you to read 10 Tips for Marketing Your SaaS Business Online | Business Yield very useful and free information that you will need, good luck!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The word 'brand' stand for the collective elements that form your image of a service, company, person or product.
    Elements that form a brand:

• Visual representation of the brand (ads,logo, typeface, color, central figure).
    • Real life perception of the brand (through personal experience or hearsay)
    • Proposition of a brand. What does the brand promise, and how is that promise different (or better) than the competition.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Pretty interesting question wording and the topic itself. But at the same time it is a very ambiguous topic. What exactly is it about? I understand that it is more about branding and brand style. I myself am engaged in a small business selling tools for the car. And when I just created it, I thought about how I'm going to advertise it. Initially I had the idea of just running ads on Facebook, but then I was advised to design a logo and design packages with these tools in them. I went to a reputable company that has been in this field for a long time. If you want to see their designs, click here. They have all very aesthetic and beautiful. Many thanks to them for their help!