Thread: How should we set up the business legally?

HB Forum Owner marketingcollective's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Anyone have business knowledge they can bring to this? What state should we set up the business in? How should we establish it? What makes the most sense from a tax perspective?

I am utterly clueless about this stuff. Li'l help?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

From what i've heard, our two best options are to set up as a llc, or a s-corporation. We will also need to establish a name with a doing business as form, and get a bank account in said name.
    The business structure is actually an important question. Is there going to be one person (you?) who hires subcontractors, or is this all one big hippy love community? Legal risk also plays into it to some degree. What happens if we get sued? Who pays taxes? etc...

it certainly deserves more discussion.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Re: How should we set up the business legally?

Two things.

First, find a job for yourself.

Then make it legal.

Also, don't worry too much about legality.

Most businesses like Google, Facebook, or bank robbers are not entirely legal. If everything is legal, you are not making money.

People eat a lot of animals and we call it legal. So …. so so, don't worry too much about legality. As long as you pay taxes, you are a legal person. (I'm half-joking, half not joking.)

Also, if you are going to open a business soon, I advise you to think about affiliate sales ( go now ), so you will quickly raise the level of your project and the profit bar. Taxes will increase from this, but there is no escape from this.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: How should we set up the business legally?

At the very beginning, it is important to focus not on the entire niche, but on a specific segment. To whom exactly are your services useful and how often will they be used? If you don't know how to open your first business yet, click here, this article will definitely help you.