While on a trip to Japan earlier this month I took the opportunity to visit the premises of 総合フェチ・マニアック - アキバコム:キャットファイト, who distribute the old Battle picture library magazines that some people may remember, and a whole lot more.

My main purpose was to try to track down some of the old Chiyoki comics that seem to be out of circulation these days. The shopkeeper told me that indeed these comics are very rare nowadays; however by searching I was able to dig out a mint copy of the classic 'All Les Princess', as well as a few old magazines in the bargain bin containing a few examples of work by Chiyoki and TOM. So, although my goal was partially satisfied it still left me wishing that the originals had been preserved in print better.

Incidentally, the Akibacom store is a big enterprise in the Akihabara district, extending over three complete floors and catering for most conceivable fetishes. One entire floor is devoted to catfights of all descriptions. Much of the stuff is as advertised on their website but I spent a good 45 minutes exploring it anyway.