0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dezerai 4 pt 9 By Shak

Chapter 9
    Facing Real Enemies

The night before the testing Shalitha and Karmen decided to get to bet early and be well rested for the next morning. Unfortunately for them no amount of rest could prepare them for what was coming. At 4:00 in the morning a hand touched Karmens arm awakening her and whispering…
    “Master Chin wants to see you at the Lotus Dojo now! Do not wake Shalitha!”
    She tried getting the fog out of her eyes to see who this was, but he quickly slipped out of the room. Karmen glanced over at Shalitha who was sound asleep in the bed next to hers. She slipped out of bed quickly dressing in her Gi, just in case her match is now. Five minutes later she was out the door heading to the Lotus Dojo. It was dark and she was alone. When she arrived at the Dojo the door was slightly cracked and all the lights were out. She pushed the door and it opened easily. Karmen paused before entering; looking around in case of an ambush. She then stepped in cautiously and kept the door open. Feeling for a light switch on the wall she found it and turned on the lights…..no one was inside.
    “HELLO” She called out…. “MASTER CHIN???”
    She stepped in leaving the door cracked assuming he was on his way. This made no sense; Shujaa was to have their testing done at 9:00am not 4 in the morning! But she knew how Masters will say one thing and do another when it comes to testing. She walked toward the center of the room when suddenly the lights went out and the door closed and locked!
    “SHIT!” Karmen whispered to herself, now I have to find the switch again in the dark.
    “You're such a predictable little whore you know that!”
    A familiar male voice spoke, one she heard before, but could not place. It was deep and sinister, and she knew it from somewhere in her past.
    “Don’t worry about seeing Master Chin; my people came to your room,” the voice was becoming more familiar, “Oh and don’t worry about the tournament at 9, you won’t be there.”
    Barry Woodruff! Karmen remembered. “Is that you Barry Woodruff?”
    “I’m impressed…..your brighter than I thought…..and here I was thinking you’re dumb as a broken clock!”
    “What do you want Barry?”
    He laughed and Karmen heard him move around the room.
    “Not quite Barry……but close……one of my side gigs is impersonating voices, I’m a virtual Frank Caliendo. But Barry is my younger brother. We’re part of the same fraternity, he not only is my brother, he’s my ‘ace-boon coon’ as you niggers like to say!”
    Suddenly Karmen felt nervous….Barry Woodruff raped and killed several women and Karmen prosecuted him after he raped Sharon Smith, who unlike the other’s barely escaped. When she came to Karmen for help, she was a battered and terrified woman. Karmen took her case and they brought Barry up on rape charges and attempted homicide. She won the case, but what set Barry apart from all the other cases she did, he actually tried to rape Karmen. Just before he was arrested, she was working late; he came to her office and attacked her. Karmen beat his ass and beat it bad. In fact that night she crossed the line and was almost disbarred for her actions. Barry suffered a ruptured kidney, cracked ribs, broken jaw and a serious concussion! Had Stacy not proven Barry broke in her office with the intent to rape and murder Karmen she would have gone to prison. She beat Barry within an inch of his life and would have finished the job had not Stacy walked in on them just in the nick of time. In Karmens eyes Barry was the worst kind of animal, a filthy woman hating rapist bastard who has no right to live. He thought because he was 6’6” and an ex-football player Karmen would be easy pickings. As it turned out he was the easy pickings.
    “Are you here to get some of what Barry got?”
    Karmen asked perplexed that someone like Barry would be here at this Martial Arts sanctuary; and in Beijing of all places. Suddenly the light came on and Karmen was standing face to face with a giant of a man. He was a least 6’10” maybe 7’ tall. He had greasy blond hair, pale nasty skin which looked like he had not had a bath in a month. He looked to be in his 50s and had a huge belly. Karmen guessed he weighed close to 400 lbs. But it was not his size that was most imposing it was his mannerism. He was dressed in filthy faded khaki overalls, and grimy work boots, his blond hair was sweaty and matted; he looked completely out of place in this Dojo. He was missing teeth and the rest was foul looking and he stank of whisky and funk.
    “As I told you Barry was my kin and you locked him up and beat the hell out of him.”
    His dialect changed somewhat. She knew Barry was from South Africa, but this man’s dialect was much thicker.
    “Barry was a rapist and a killer” Karmen answered….“he raped and killed many women and he tried to rape me!”
    “I know” he looked at Karmen with evil lewd eyes. “If he was a real man he would have succeeded!” he smiled his teeth filthy. Karmen looked at him and felt her fury rising.
    “Why are you here in Beijing and how do you know me?”
    “Barry’s from South Afreeka like me. There we know what a woman is, an what her place is!” He began referencing the bible……“She come from the reeb of a mahn. She was made to obey him…..and her desire shall be to please him. You just a leettle kefir nigger bitch!!! You was created to obey…..not just a mahn…...but as a blackee bitch…….you shut the fuck up an do as you are told!!! If he wants to rape you it’s his Gawd given fucking rr-ight! If he wants to own you like a fucking dawg….it is his Gawd given rr-ight!!! Your reason for living you prissy little kefir bitch is to cook his fucking food, wipe his ass, wash his clothes and lay the fuck down, shut the fuck up and spread your goddamn legs. You got that kefir……you understan’ now; is the shit finally clear to you; you fucking nigger bitch??? SPREAD YOUR GODDAMN LEGS AND LET ME SHOW YOU WHAT A REAL MAHN CAN DO!!!”
    He began walking towards Karmen his huge menacing frame towering over her, seeking to intimidate her. But intimidation was the last thing Karmen was feeling at that moment. She wanted blood. Several years ago she wanted to kill Barry Woodruff and couldn’t; but now she can finish the job with this fucking animal. Test or no test this muthafucka had to die! Karmens eyes turned ice cold and dark as she stared him in the eye……
    “I’ma enjoy this!”
    “Just like I enjoyed your friend…..uh what’s the little kefir whore’s name? Oh yes Stacy….Stacy Blackwell…that’s the bitch’s name.”
    Karmen froze.
    “Yeah……..I raped that nigger bitch from sunup to sundown last Thursday in Berkeley….then dumped her used up body in the pacific!” He looked at Karmen evilly…. “She loved every fucking minute of it!”
    Karmens mouth flew open.
    “But Shauna was a lot more fun. She cried like a stuck kefir pig when I jammed my fat cock up her ass and listen to her squeal….. sooo-weee!” he laughed. “I fucked her ass like niggah meat on a fucking skewer; my fat skewer cock!”
    “Nooo…..Nooooo……..Noooooo……NOOOOOOOO!!!! Karmen screamed.
    “I think I visit your Mama when I finish wit you….what’s the kefir bitches name…..oh yeah Tanya…….she got a fat ass too, it should fit just right for my big fat Johnson cock!”
    Karmen heard enough, she screamed and launched viciously with a ferocious kick to the ribs, but it had no effect, he reached for her but she was too fast and slipped away from him easily. She then whipped a doubled kick down to his knees; it wobbled him some but did not drop him. She quickly spun around him rose and kicked him in the back of the head, that had an effect and she growled with fury thinking she found a weakness. She then followed up with a windmill to the temple dropping him to his knees. She marched around the front to look him in his filthy eyes to deliver the crushing blow.
    “I despise muthafuckin’ men like you, the world is better off without you!”
    She then formed her right hand into a one fingered knife. Her index finger pointed straight and deadly while her other fingers cupped inside supporting it. She was going to snatch his lewd eyes right out of his foul sockets. She cupped and set to launch when once again the lights went out.
    “WHAT HAPPENED….WHERE ARE YOU BITCH?”
    Karmen called out frustrated alarmed, as she heard him move. The lights came back on and he was gone, she was desperate as she whirled around; he was standing right behind her. She tried to move, but it was too late as he grabbed her by the neck, his hand was so huge it covered her entire neck and then some, forcing her head back. He picked her up easily with one hand and threw her across the room. His strength was frightening and Karmen flew like a rag doll. She must have travelled 30 feet in the air and slammed into a table across the room. He advanced on her with rapist malice in his eyes. Karmen’s back was hurt, as she struggled to her feet just before he reached her, she was able to step out of harm’s way. He followed her menacingly and attacked. Fortunately for Karmen he was slow, unfortunately he was powerful and if he got his hands on her again it could be fatal. Her problem now was how to attack without him getting a grip. The attack from behind him tactic will not work now since he was expecting it, she had to devise another way and quick!
    “STOP RUNNING YOU LITTLE CUNT…….PAPAS HORNY!!!”
    Karmen lost it with that one; she attacked blindly and went straight into the air with a front kick to the nose. His belly was so big she knew attacking the body would be useless. Blood gushed out and he screamed angrily and tried to grab her leg following the kick and missed. Karmen got lucky and she knew it. She made up her mind not to get blinded by rage again. Karmen planned her attack wisely now and pretended to rise for another kick to the face, knowing he would reach for her. Just as he reached she planted her left leg and slipped behind him again, and delivered another kick to the back of the knees again buckling him. He tried to turn but she was quicker and whipped another reverse kick to the back of his other knee and he wobbled. She saw her chance to drop him, as he turned to face her she followed him, staying behind him, and then rose quickly with a round house kick with her right foot to the back of the head again and he lurched forward. Karmen landed with perfect balance, stepped left and planted and brought a left kick to the temple as he leaned forward, he fell sideways, hitting the floor with a loud thud. She cupped her hands in a knife again and went for the eyes, but just as she cocked and fired he caught her hands an inch from his eye and gripped her fist tight damn near crushing it. Karmen was stunned how easily he recovered. He snatched her close and gripped her neck again in an iron grip! His foul whisky breath exploding in her face! Rising up from the floor he held her tight, easily lifted her with one hand. Karmen was kicking him in the mid-section and knees but had no effect. He lifted her higher and slammed her to the floor! Karmen was stunned and he stood over her.
    “Time to get me some nigger chocolate little girl!” he laughed disgustingly; “I wonder if your daddy pinned you like this when he raped you” he laughed.
    Karmen was stunned when he said that.
    “Please scream for me” he grinned as he leered down at her. Hearing all this made something snap in her!!!
    “FUCK YOU MUTHAFUCKA…..YOU THE ONE WHO’S GONNA SCREAM…..YOU HEAR ME? YOU AIN’T TAKIN’ SHIT HERE! I’M THE ONE TAKING WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT…..I’M THE KILLER YOU FOUL MOUTHED RAPIST BITCH!!!”
    She tried to rise, but he put a giant foot on her and slammed her back to the ground. He laughed at her and began unsnapping his nasty coveralls.
    “I didn't wear no drawers nigger bitch!”
    Her rage exploded as she screamed and began firing vicious right hand strikes to the inside of his knee, until his foot slid off, she quickly slipped out from under him and was already behind him when he reached for her. She came off the floor and fired another kick to his knee. He wobbled but was turning for her again and she knew her next strikes had to finish him. This time she took a calculated risk and let him turn, just as their eyes met Karmen fired a vicious front kick to his balls and he bent over howling. She then followed up with a kick to the face right in his disgusting mouth! He stumbled sideways while reaching for her, but he was so dazed he missed. Karmen stepped to the left and fired a side kick with her right foot to his inside knee! He buckled some more and Karmen lifted in the air and fired another kick to the temple. He stumbled and hit the floor and tried to get up, but Karmen was too quick and launched another roundhouse to the head laying him out on his back……he was out cold!
    “YOU CAN KISS THOSE EYES GOODBYE YOU FILTHY PIG!!!”
    She moved to the top of his head just in case he was playing possum and cock to launch the fatal blow but she paused! She screamed and re-cocked to finish him and once again paused, her hand shaking.
    “FUCK YOOOUUU…..MUTHAFUCKA!!!!”
    She screamed then cocked and tried to fire again, but for some reason she kept pausing. She stood up and looked at this unconscious animal and couldn’t finish him. She screamed in agony and stepped back, crying!
    “AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!”
    She was shaking in anguish!!!
    “Oh my God…..Stacy…..…..Shauna nooo, nooooo…..”
    Karmen fell to her knees crying….
    “Please God why did this have to happen….I caused this, he tortured them to get to me?”
    Suddenly Karmen saw him stir and sit up. She looked at him with venom; her normally cold eyes were now blood red!
    “Don’t you move a goddamn muscle; if you do I will hurt you, if necessary I will kill you! I’m calling Master Chin and we’ll call the police. Consider yourself lucky mister, if this were a year ago you’d be dead!”
    Suddenly the lights went back out and Karmen jumped to her feet!!! She heard him rise and she became alarmed! She then quieted her breathing and went into her training in sightlessness. She stretched out to feel his every movement, every breath, she could practically see her nemesis and waited for his next move, but it never came. At that moment Karmen knew he was not alone so she had to become wise and seek escape. She eased her inner storm and embraced her training. She now knew where the light switch was and the front door, she then proceeded stealthily in that direction even though it was pitch black dark. She felt for his energy and could suddenly sense another presence. She knew they may be at the light switch so she had to be extra focused and ready to strike. When she reached the wall with the switch, no one was there so she decided to turn on the lights….and was stunned. Her attacker was standing next to Master Chin.
    “Very good, my dear Karmen I am so proud of you.”
    Grandmaster Chin smiled and her attacker also had a big smile on his face along with a towel cleaning up his bleeding nose and mouth. He took another towel from Master Chin and wiped the filth from his few remaining teeth. He then pulled out a black box from his pocket and took out some dentures putting them in his mouth, giving him a nice easy smile. But Karmen was still shaking enraged and in pain.
    “That’s better” he said. “My name is name is Aldous Smit and I’m from Johannesburg.”
    His eyes were now kind and gentle as he bowed to Karmen in a show of respect.
    “I know you are still in shock my dear, but this was your test” Master Chin began walking up to her.
    “I would like to apologize to you Ms. Washington; this was all a ruse to touch the deepest pain in your soul” Smit explained.
    “So you don’t know Barry Woodruff?”
    “I never met the man!” Smit answered.
    “But you sounded just like him” Karmen was still was shaking in anger, while staring at Smit with venom.
    “Master Kenny got a copy of the recording of his deposition after he tried to sue you for battery.” Smit answered, “imitating his voice was easy after that” he again sounded just like Barry Woodruff.
    “So you never raped Stacy or Shauna?”
    “I never met them either and Sharif told me the name of your mother.” Karmen believed him, but she was still angry.
    “WHY…….why did you do this?”
    “Let me answer that Aldous?”
    Master Chin put his arm around Karmens waist and told her that Master Kenny always wanted this day when you would be a part of this international community. He knew your background and where your core pain hides!” he looked at Karmen………“RAGE my dear, your heart is filled with rage….starting with your father Jermaine…he’s the key! Master Kenny spent the last year of his life preparing for this. He knew that if you felt someone was evil enough, your rage would propel you to destruction. We had to make Aldous the embodiment of everything you hate, even worse than your father. We needed to see the real Karmen….. and we have.” Angry tears poured out of Karmens eyes as she thought about her father Jermaine. She then looked at Smit with cold fury still in her eyes!
    “I almost took your eyes out, you know that!”
    “That was risk I was willing to take” Smit answered.
    “I could have killed you!”
    “I know.”
    “And it was still worth it?” she asked with venom still in her voice, looking at him with death in her cold eyes.
    “Yes” he answered.
    She looked at Master Chin.
    “Why my father….what does he have to do with this?” “Master Kenny and Sharif said you didn’t remember……but your real pain starts there…..you must remember what happened!” “What do you mean?”
    Karmen felt her voice cracking and her body began shaking uncontrollably. Master Chin reached for her and Karmen jumped back.
    “DON’T TOUCH ME…..DON’T YOU EVER FUCKING TOUCH ME YOU UNDERSTAND ME???” she screamed at Master Chin.
    Master Chin looked at her with compassion and love. Karmen shook her head…
    “I apologize Master Chin…..I need time, I need to get away for a while.”
    She bowed and turned heading for the door when Master Chin called her.
    “Karmen wait!”
    She turned and looked at his kind face, but her dark eyes were still ferocious and angry.
    “Aldous would you leave us please?”
    Mr. Smit bowed to Master Chin and then Karmen.
    “It was an honor meeting you Ms. Washington!”
    Karmen stared at him with cold fury as he walked away.
    “I have set up a private room for you at the hotel you’re staying in. Room service is already paid for, everything you need is available to you. Take as many days as you need, your family is on the same floor waiting for you when you are ready.”
    “Thank you Master Chin” Karmens struggled to soften her voice but her eyes were seething with fury.
    “May I walk with you please?” Master Chin asked gently.
    Karmen breathed and told herself to relax…..she nodded yes. They were now walking together out the front door.
    “Your test is not yet over” he said.
    She looked at him wary again.
    “Master Kenny told me about your life as a child. Your relationship with your father is tragic, more tragic than you remember and are willing to accept.”
    Fresh tears poured from Karmens vengeful eyes. “If you’re talking about my father molesting me I already told Master Kenny and my mother I don’t remember any of that!”
    “You were so young……only 4 if I remember Master Kenny's words correctly.” Tears increased as she started shaking again.
    “But I don’t remember it!” Karmens voice had desperation in it.
    “My mother isn’t for sure and my father denied it.”
    “But your mother suspected did she not?”
    “Yes” Karmen answered. “In fact this became their major source of conflict between the two of them; she always suspected your father had molested you!” Fresh tears burned her eyes as her shaking increased…
    “Nooo” her voice trembled “please don’t ask me to try and remember this?”
    “But you must my dear. You loved your father and hated the man all your life; it’s time you know why!”
    “HE BEAT MY MOTHER MASTER CHIN…..AND HE THREATENED TO KILL ALL OF US!!!”
    “Is that all he did?” Master Chin was persistent. Karmens voice broke and she convulsed and began to sob. Master Chin led her to a bench and they sat down and she laid her head on his shoulder and cried. “It’s time to remember my dear…..all your life you fought with boys and men who were predators and bullies. You’ve hated them all your life. You took some of your rage out on Shalitha but it was the large predatory men who you really hate! Isn’t that why you became a fighter for the rights of women, isn’t that why you are an attorney?” Karmen sobbed like a baby as she collapsed on Master Chins shoulder. He held her like a father and gently nourished her agonizing soul. Even though Master Chin was only 5’6” at that moment he was a giant to Karmen, he was like Master Kenny! He held her as she cried and he hummed gently nourishing her with a father’s love.
    “Over the years your mother tried to talk to you about this but you would never listen. We’ve talked to her and she knows what’s going on here now and she waits for you at home. Your whole family is waiting…..especially your brother Sharif…he is waiting here with open arms!” Karmen cried and cried as Master Chin held her close. After several minutes Master Chin made another request. “You also need to be there for Shalitha she is waging her own battle with her own demons and will need you?” Karmen looked up.
    “I forgot about Shalitha, is she going to face Mr. Smit also?”
    “No my dear, Shalitha is fighting her own special demons right this very moment!” Karmen looked at Master Chin.
    “Will she make it, will she be alright?”
    “That my dear, is entirely up to her!”
    At that moment Shalitha was fighting to get out of the room she was placed in for her initiation. She sat lotus style on the floor in front of a small Buddhist shrine meditating. She drank an awful tasting herb tea that was supposed to help her reach a strong meditative state. She did not know it was a root that causes extreme altered states and visions, it is designed to call up hidden and repressed memories. The deeper and stronger the memory the better it works. The visions seem real and reality and imagination become one! What Shalitha got was unnerving……she was visited by her father Kenny! The vision in front of her felt real, she could touch it and feel it, communicate with it, but she knew it was not her father…it couldn’t be. She kept trying to make it stop and it wouldn’t. She ran to the door and tried getting out but it was locked and no matter how hard she banged on it she couldn’t get it opened. The man standing in the room claiming to be her father was mentally torturing her.
    “Why didn’t you speak to me for 10 years……I want the truth?”
    “Stop asking me that……I told you why…..I was being a brat……what else am I supposed to say?”
    “You’ve always been a brat…..but why 10 years……you didn’t hold back for 10 years without a deeper reason…..what was it?”
    “Stop it!” she cried out……“Just leave me alone!” she kicked the door but it was made out of material that made it impenetrable.
    “Alright if you won’t answer I will!” he walked up to her.
    “You got pregnant again and had another abortion…..didn’t you?”
    Shalitha screamed……. “SHUT UP…….YOU HEAR ME……SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!”
    She pushed her father away or the vision that appeared to be her father. But he kept walking back up to her, so she threw a punch but he easily evaded it. She started swinging from every angle trying to make him back up.
    “You keep missing little girl……how never did train right, how could I ever love you?”
    Shalitha paused in shock…..
    “You’re not my father he would never say that to me!!!!”
    “Really….you said that to me years ago, remember? ‘You’re not my father……you don’t love me’ do you remember saying that….right after you miscarried my grandchild!”
    When she heard that Shalitha freaked and started screaming and banged and kicked the door trying to get it open!
    “Look at you fighting to open the door like a scared little puppy!”
    He began making whining puppy sounds as he mocked her. Shalitha turned and looked at him with anger. He smiled and began digging deeper.
    “And let’s not forget the abortion right after High School….oh you thought I didn’t know…but I do know…..and now the whole family knows…….you’re a murderer of babies you bratty little bitch…….ADMIT IT!!!”
    Shalitha’s mouth fell open….nobody knew that, she never told a soul!
    “Wh-Who told you that…..h-how did you find out…..I-I never told anybody?” she was stuttering now as she felt her fear rising.
    “What you thought you could hide the truth forever little girl….HUH….DID YOU???? And I know about St. Helena Island, you aborted that child too didn’t you? DIDN’T YOU!?!?” He was now screaming at her and Shalitha was panicking.
    “B-but I-I-I never told anybody….how did you….k-know…..”
    “HOW DID I KNOW……YOU THINK YOU CAN KEEP THIS A SECRET??? And I already told the family you bratty little bitch….see how they love you now………..you’re just a nasty little slut! You couldn’t keep your whorish legs closed and got pregnant!”
    Shalitha was thunderstruck as she stood speechless! He continued…..
    “Who’s the father? Oh that’s right….YOU DIDN’T EVEN KNOW! Let’s see if I can name them…there is Willie and Tommie and Ralph….damn girl….Ralph? Then there’s Sonny the drunk and Cory the thug…..I mean you were a horny little wasn’t you girl? Just fucking and fucking and fucking, like the little slut you are!”
    “NO….NOOOO…YOU’RE NOT REAL…..YOU’RE NOT FUCKING REAL!!!”
    She was screaming and banging on the door again hard trying to get out.
    “And the tequila…..you were a serious fucking drunk in those days…..oh I know you hid it from Soonji and the family, but I knew; I knew it all you lush head bitch! You started drinking when you were 12, sneaking into your mothers liquor cabinet and drinking her tequila. You kept drinking that shit up all the way through college until you were drinking it every fucking week! But when you got to the Sea Islands it was every fucking day! Let’s see how many shots were you doing a day…..6…..7….20….GODDAMN!!!” he was laughing. “Shalitha the Martial Artist, Shalitha the college graduate….Shalitha the drunk…..Shalitha the HO!” He started laughing……OH LET’S NOT FORGET THAT………SHALITHA THE HO!!!”
    Shalitha stood at the door anguished, no longer trying to open it!
    “When you got pregnant….after a weekend of drinking and…and….FUCKING!!!” he burst out laughing again, “you didn’t know if Willie or Sonny or Cory or, or what’s that short nasty ass drunk bastards name…..RALPH was..was…..THE FUCKING DADDY!!! I mean like damn girl……4th of July weekend…..Bars, barbeque, tequila and COCK!!!....oh I’m sorry Black folks say DICK!” Kenny bent over cracking up!!! “Them nasty ass bastards was running a fucking train on you…..shootin’ and pissin’ in your nasty cunt AND ASS let’s not forget the ass fucking……..and passin’ you off one after another like a bag of Mickie-Dees french fries. So which was your favorite…..sucking or fucking…..pussy or ass…..which one bitch? And don’t forget the fucking STD, yeah that’s right, I know you got herpes and syphilis….you better be glad you fixed that shit cuz I hear syphilis kills the fucking brain cells….oh and by the way little girl; you almost got fucking AIDS!!!! Oh….you didn’t know about Sonny did you? He liked men too, he died of AIDS last year…..you a lucky girl, one more ass fuck from his diseased cock that coulda been you!”
    Shalitha had her hands on her head walking in circles stammering and trembling.
    “Please stop….please stop!”
    “And when you got pregnant, which fucking tends to do, you decided you didn’t like the karma of a baby produced by the filthy sperm of one of them nasty drunk ass bastards; so you fixed the fucking problem by….by…..KILLING YOUR BABY BOY! Or was it a girl…..I forget, do you remember? Of course not cuz you wuz…….DRUNK ALL THE DAMN TIME!!!”
    He was bent over laughing again! Shalitha couldn’t stop the tears now as she her head hurt, the memories all flooding back.
    “And don’t think I forgot about high school” He paused….. “Now that was some crazy ass shit…...you got pregnant just before graduation………..hmmmmm……I think we’ve heard that fucking song before! Pregnancy….just before Graduation…then uh…..BABIES GETTIN’ KILLED!!! He was laughing again…“I SEE A FUCKING PATTERN HERE….WHAT ABOUT YOU???” He slapped his legs roaring out loud! “Oh and since a minor in California can get an abortion without parent’s consent and still maintain her fucking privacy, you just helped your whorish self huh?” He was howling now! Suddenly a guitar appeared in his hand…….
    “Damn I love this song….
    Partying (twang)….
    Drinking (double twang)
    Drunk (3 twangs)
    Fuuuucckking (4 twangs)
    Per-regg-nan-see (5 twangs)
    Aaannnnddd boys and girls for the grand finale….
    Baby killing!!!”
    He began playing away on his guitar while dancing an laughing. Shalitha dropped to her knees in anguish, hands on her pounding head, tears pouring down her face.
    “Three babies dead because of you” he was suddenly next to her whispering in her ear.
    “Please stop?” Shalitha was shaking.
    "But if it's any consolation I do understand....I mean how can you party, get drunk and fuck if you’re too busy raising 3 bastard ass kids?"
    He started laughing louder right in her ear and Shalitha felt herself losing it. Anger was always her number one way of coping with stress and she felt it return with a vengeance. Her breathing increased as her crying eyes turned to bloody murder…….
    “I said stop you lying bastard…..I don’t drink no more" her voice was menacing.
    “I don’t drink no more, I don’t drink no more!” he was dancing and teasing. ‘But you still killed the babies!”
    Shalitha rose her eyes flaming with fury….
    “DON’T SAY ANOTHER MUTHAFUCKING WORD YOU BITCH….I TOLD YOU I DON’T DRINK NO MORE!!!”
    “I don’t drink no more, I don’t drink no more” he began playing his guitar and dancing while singing ‘I don’t drink no more’ over and over again.
    “STOP IT!!!”
    Shalitha screamed and kicked the guitar out of his hand. A new guitar appeared and he started singing again. She swung a powerful left to the jaw and knocked him flat, then grabbed the guitar and smashed it. She then glared down at him venomously. He stared back at her accusingly….
    “Is this the same way you broke Karmen’s jaw? You’ve always been a sneaky little bitch haven’t you?”
    Shalitha screamed then pounced and fired a straight hand to his nose shattering it…..blood poured everywhere!
    “That was your father how could you?”
    Shalitha spun and her mother Latoya standing by the door.
    “Mom you’re here……how?”
    “Just in time to see you attack your father you bitch!”
    “He’s not Daddy Mom…..he’s an imposter….Mom he’s not real!”
    Shalitha was in anguish. Latoya ignored her and attacked. She was a skilled Martial Artist herself so Shalitha was met with a powerful straight kick to the abdomen followed up by a left and a right to the head. She went down and Latoya slammed a vicious foot to her belly.
    “IS THIS THE SAME WOMB THAT KILLED MY GRANDBABIES?”
    “AAAAAHHHH” The pain in Shalitha’s womb was extreme, she felt as if she were giving birth, as if the Babies were being pushed out of her womb all at the same time!!!
    Suddenly she heard babies crying and she looked in their direction. Her father and mother held 3 babies in their arms and smiling and looking at them. Shalitha sat up stunned.
    “How can this be……you’re dead…..and my mother is in America?”
    “Who’s dead honey?” her father looked at her with concern.
    “You and the babies of course!” Latoya started laughing “she killed all of you!”
    “Nooo” Shalitha cried out, “you’re not real” as she ran back to the door and shook it again.
    “LOOK AT US WHEN WE’RE TALKING TO YOU SHALITHA…. TURN AROUND AND LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID!” Latoya yelled at her.
    Shalitha felt her pants get wet and she looked down and saw blood soaking her pants as if it came from her vagina and her top shirt was torn open and her pregnant belly exposed. She heard laughing again and saw herself sitting on the floor holding her 3 babies loving them like a mother would.
    “This can’t be real” she started crying again! Suddenly she heard Latoya scream….
    “OH MY GOD…..KENNY THEIR DEAD……SEE WHAT YOU DID YOU BITCH!!!!!!”
    Shalitha turned around and saw 3 bloody babies in her parent’s arms…..dead! Her parents were crying and hugging the dead babies while looking at Shalitha as the murderer. Shalitha turned back to look for herself holding her babies and the image was gone! She spun back and saw her mother and father laying the babies in 3 caskets sobbing in pain! Suddenly the door opened and Kenny Jr. walked in. Shalitha bolted for the door, but Kenny Jr. slammed it shut!
    “Tooooo late….big Sis” as he started laughing.
    She grabbed the door handle and it was again locked, she then banged and pounded on the door but like before it was impenetrable! Kenny Jr. started speaking again.
    “You killed my nieces or nephews! I’ll never even know what gender they were, because you killed them before they were even born. And our father, he died before the accident because you killed his heart!”
    “Noo….Noo….I didn’t…..I-I didn’t…..it’s not my fault….it’s not!!!”
    “I know” Kenny Sr. said…..“It’s never your fault…..is it?”
    He was now lying in a casket himself and looked up at Latoya and winked… she smiled down at her husband.
    “You know honey maybe it’s the babies fault!” he laughed.
    “Of course” Latoya perked up.
    “They impregnated themselves in Shalitha.”
    “Maybe it’s an immaculate conception……just like baby Jesus!!!” Kenny Sr. laughed.
    “But this time there’s 3 of them!!!” Latoya was laughing louder.
    “Uh didn’t Jesus drink wine? Kenny Jr. asked.
    “No….tequila!” Latoya laughed.
    “How did they die again?” Kenny Jr. asked “Oh that’s right……ABORTION!!!” he giggled.
    “Now son be fair only 2 were an abortion” Latoya spoke, “one was a…….
    “MISCARRIAGE!!!”
    They all shouted together and laughed out loud as Kenny Sr. climbed out of the casket and all 3 stood together and looked at Shalitha accusingly. Shalitha started kicking and screaming at the door to get out again!
    “Aww sis don’t take it so hard…….we was only joking.” Kenny Jr. sounded sympathetic.
    Suddenly a bottle of tequila appeared in his hand with a shot glass….."here Sis this always made you feel better."
    Latoya held up her own glass of tequila, "I know it always makes me feel better."
    A glass of tequila appeared in Shalitha's hand and she stared at it gripping it tightly while sweating and involuntarily wetting her lips. She shook her head and looked up just in time to see Kenny Jr. reaching out to pour some more tequila in her glass.
    “FUCK YOU!!!”
    She screamed throwing the glass down and fired a straight left at his head, then followed up hitting him with a palm strike under the bridge of his nose shattering it! He stumbled back as she wound up a powerful round house to finish him. Kenny Sr. jumped in just before the blow landed.
    “Stop it, you’ll kill him! Is that what you want to kill your little brother, just like you killed my grandchildren?”
    Shalitha screamed…..
    “I’M NOT TRYING TO KILL HIM; I JUST WANT HIM TO LEAVE ME ALONE!”
    “Does that include me?” he asked grabbing her by the shoulders.
    “ESPECIALLY YOU” She screamed!!!
    He shook her.
    “Listen to me baby!”
    “I’M NOT YOUR BABY…..GET YOUR FUCKING HANDS OFF OF ME?!?!”
    She screamed and fired a fist at his chest. It penetrated his chest and Shalitha looked down and saw her entire hand inside his chest. She was confused as to how her hand could go inside her father’s chest. She snatched her hand out and had his heart in her hands. How could this happen she asked herself shocked? She dropped it and watched it beat on the ground. She looked up and saw a hole in her father’s chest with blood spurting out!
    “Why would you do that?” he asked her….“How can I live without my heart?”
    He then collapsed to the floor dead, his eyes wide open and tears running down his face! Latoya screamed and ran to her husband. She looked at the open wound in his chest and screamed…
    “YOU KILLED HIM…..YOU KILLED MY HUSBAND; YOU KILLED YOUR FATHER!”
    “No-no!” Shalitha was desperate.
    “Just like you killed my nieces and nephews” Kenny Jr. lifted his head from the floor and spoke.
    “Just like you killed your babies” Latoya looked at her with venom.
    Kenny Jr. looked at the lifeless body of his father.
    “Just like you killed our father!” he said accusingly.
    “YOU BITCH!” Latoya was crying…….
    “YOU HATEFUL MURDEROUS BITCH!!!!!” she screamed and attacked again.
    Shalitha stood in shock and begged her mother to stop so she could explain.
    “EXPLAIN……… YOU LYING BITCH…..YOU KILL THEM AND NOW YOU WANT TO EXPLAIN???”
    Latoya unloaded on Shalitha firing blows from everywhere trying to destroy her daughter.
    Shalitha was screaming as blows rained on her head.
    “WAKE UP SHALITHA…WAKE UP!!!”
    Soonji stood over Shalitha trying to awaken her. She had fallen over from her lotus meditation and was on the floor screaming and swinging wildly. Soonji shook her until finally her eyes snapped open and she saw Soonji standing over her trying to calm her. Shalitha looked around in a state of panic….
    “Who….what…..who are you…..WHO ARE YOU???”
    She was frantic as she looked right at Soonji and had no idea who she was!
    “It’s me Shali……it’s me Osoonjee.”
    “Soonji…..you can’t be Soonji…….you can’t be……you’re not supposed to be here.”
    Soonji gently ran her hand through Shalitha’s hair and soothed her.
    “It’s me honey……your friend Osoonjee from the Gullah and college.”
    Shalitha blinked and her eyes began to regain their focus……
    “Soonji???? Is that you………Soonji?”
    Soonji smiled and hugged her…..
    “Yes Mama it’s me!”
    Shalitha now knew it was Soonji…..her patois was unmistakable!
    “What are you doing here……in China?”
    “That would be our doing” Sharif spoke as he and Ilyssa walked through the door.
    Shalitha was confused…
    “How do you…..how do you know each other?”
    Ilyssa walked up to Shalitha and touched her cheek.
    “We meet Soonji before your father died. He organize dis initiation for you and Soonji play dee key role. We need someone who knows dee way to reach inside dee inner Soul and bring out dee truth!!!”
    “Inner Soul, truth…..I don’t understand?”
    “Master Kenny wanted to help you see the truth of yourself, but knew you would never listen to him…he also wanted you to be a part of this council, but if he recommended it you would just reject it!”
    Sharif looked lovingly at her.
    “But more than anything he knew you were not ready for this step, until last year.”
    “Last year…what happened last year?” Shalitha asked.
    “Dat would be me Mama!” Soonji added. “I spoke wit him by phone after you visit me bout da girl Akusua from Sudan!
    You was dere when de civil war happen and Akusua’s village was murdered!”
    “She was like a little sister to me!” Shalitha spoke…“I always wanted to go back to Sudan and see her and be with her and protect her.……do you know if she is alright?”
    “No” Sharif spoke up. “Akusua’s story is even worse than your own.”
    “Is she alive?” Shalitha sat up alarmed.
    “Yes she is alive!” Sharif answered.
    “What happened?” Shalitha asked.
    “As you know she moved back to Southern Sudan to help the refugees and fight to end the war. And just before you left for DC she met a young man. You met him, but what you didn’t know is he got her pregnant. And he was one of the soldiers from Northern Sudan fighting against her people in the south.”
    “Oh my God” Shalitha gasped.
    Sharif continued…. “She didn’t know when she fell in love with him, that he was a soldier and part of the army that massacred many in her village. She thought he like her was committed to peace and unity between Northern and Southern Sudan. He asked her to marry him, then got her pregnant. The massacre took place a month later. In her shame and grief, she went back to Paris and aborted the fetus. As you know abortion is strictly forbidden in her village. Months later her father found out what happened by undercover operatives in the north. That he set up the massacre, and was the father of Akusua’s aborted baby. She was banished for aborting the baby and aiding and abetting the enemy and causing the death of many in her village. At this point her life was in danger from either side. She was exiled from her homeland and was rushed out by the UN back to Paris before they could kill her!!! She was a just 17 years old when she was targeted by the North because she was the daughter of one of the chieftains! When she was impregnated it was all a part of a prearranged plot to get someone on the inside and find the whereabouts of the leadership in her village and their defense points. By introducing him to her father and the council of elders she unknowingly aided and abetted the enemy giving them access to the key facilities that led to the massacre. Her pregnancy and his false promises of marriage was only designed to instill trust and reliance on him. She trusted this man implicitly and as a result over 800 people were killed in her village and she has lived with the guilt ever since!” Shalitha was stunned. Akusua was only 14 when she met her. She was brilliant and got a scholarship from UNICEF to attend school in Paris, France. She was her best worker and soon her best friend in Sudan. In fact she became more of a younger sister than a friend. She graduated from High School at 16 and went to college at Paris-Sorbonne University. She was a political science major and wanted to go into politics back in her home country in Southern Sudan to help end the war. At 18 she did her intern work back in her native east African home during great civil unrest. She actually met 22 year old Adisa when she turned 17. By 18 she was in love, pregnant and pledged to marry him. But then there was a coup, then civil war! She refused to leave, instead staying to fight against the war and help the families and her village. She had a brilliant mind, was a tireless worker and worked with refugees and those whose families were damaged by war. When her village was overrun by rebels she fought to get her family and the families of those she loved out of harm’s way. She thought Adisa was there to help; instead he was helping to coordinate attacks by pointing out vulnerabilities and weaknesses. Many council members were kidnapped and killed. Shalitha remembers meeting Adisa and never liked him, he had a shadowy side that she was unable to pinpoint until now. But Akusua liked him so she chose not to judge and supported her. When the coup went down Shalitha was moved out of Southern Sudan by the UN and World Bank because all foreigners were in danger. Shalitha sighed as she remembered. Sharif continued…. Akusua also did not know that her father and many family members were part of the rebel forces fighting the armies of Northern Sudan. Her father sat on the ruling council and Akusua only knew her father as a man of peace and assumed he would be against the fighting. When she found out he was part of the rebellion it broke her heart and she condemned him. By then she was already pregnant with Adisa’s child but was afraid to tell her father, because she was pregnant before marriage. This was before she found out Adisa was a part of the invading forces. Right after the coup, the truth came out and she was caught smack dab in the middle. When she went back to Paris her father found out she was pregnant and getting an abortion, he was furious! Right after that he also found out who Adisa really was and there was an explosion. Almost simultaneously when the invasion took place and the council leaders were captured or killed, the storage where the grain and food was stored was stolen and most of the villagers were either killed or imprisoned or exiled. Starvation followed and her father and mother barely survived the initial invasion. Afterward Akusua was exiled from her village and those who remained alive called for her life. She was publicly ridiculed and her life was threatened, this was four months after you left and she has not been home since. Six months after that her father and mother were killed along with the rest of her siblings. She has blamed herself ever since and carries a massive burden.”
    “Oh my God” Shalitha was heartbroken!”
    “De pain you felt for dat girl when you returned to da states was de sign! You saw her fighting for her country, her village and her family and you put your life on de line by helping her showed me you wuz ready Mama.”
    Shalitha listened “ready for what?”
    “To be re-united with your father. I still had dee Dojo number in Atlanta you gave me when I was to go to Morehouse in Atlanta, so I call and spoke wit Sharif and he call your father and we spoke. I spent two days in Atlanta wit your father, Sharif and Ilyssa. I tell him what you are doing and he be so proud of you. We agree dee time for reconciliation was near and he make dee plans.”
    “But he died before he could complete them” Sharif cut in.
    Shalitha sighed as a tear rolled down her face.
    “Our father did his homework about you and found out a lot of things, but he chose not to reveal them to us, he said he needed more time to be sure. I believe he told Latoya some of what he learned, when you get home talk with her. But all he said to us was, he now understands why you never spoke to him anymore.” Sharif looks at her “he died before he told us what happened to you.”
    “Dat is why I am here Mama……da tea you drank dis morning was de bom-back root!!!!”
    Shalitha’s mouth fell open, she knew about Bom-Bak root “Oh my God” she moaned “so that’s why you’re here.”
    For those not knowing bom-back roots (not the actual name of the root) is only used by the priest and priestesses of Haiti and the Sea Islands. It takes many weeks to prepare properly and its psycho-tropic properties are the most powerful in the world. It is used by the Santeria of South America and the Haitian Vodoun specifically for those special cases when hidden secrets are to be revealed to the initiate. It’s ability to dig up hidden memories are legendary and it can only be prepared by knowledgeable members of the priesthood.
    “The Chinese have a similar herb, the Brazilians know of it!” Sharif explained.
    “But as you already know…..no one understands it and administers it better than the Haitians. We all agreed this was the best way for your initiation!” Ilyssa spoke to Shalitha.
    “Soonji monitored you de whole time. We need someone wit her skill and experience to administer it and monitor it. She your guardian angel and protect you. From what we see you need her. But now we must know what you see. What happen in de vision, what happen in your life and why you no speak to your father for 10 years?”
    Shalitha dropped her head, the sorrow in her eyes extreme. Ilyssa sat next to her and took her hand.
    “What happened, we no judge…….you safe….open your heart?”
    Shalitha looked around with tears in her eyes….what she was about to say she never told anyone before. She looked at Sharif and felt humiliation and pain.
    “I never told anyone this before…..it’s hard!”
    Sharif sat next to her and hugged her…
    “It’s me Sharif….we’ve known each other for 21 years….have I ever judged you?”
    “No” she was crying.
    “Trust me Shali……lean on our strength we are here for you and we will never betray your trust….ever!”
    She looked at him….then wiped her eyes, took a deep breath and told them everything. She told them about the pregnancy just before graduation in High School. They already knew about the pregnancy with Coach Williams, but they did not know she wanted the miscarriage when she fought with the family and the police. Had she not miscarried she would have had another abortion. She told them about the 3rd pregnancy when she was living in the Gullah islands and had another abortion in Charleston. Even Soonji didn’t know about that one. She talked about the drinking and alcohol abuse. She talked about giving up alcohol right after the abortion in South Carolina. She went to AA for the rest of her time in Sea Islands and Charleston, SC, but was too embarrassed to tell the family or Soonji. She hasn’t had a drink since the abortion, being alcohol free for almost 7 years. She talked about the guilt of the abortions and the miscarriage. How she purposely attacked the police in DC and when she felt the pain from the miscarriage how she was secretly glad. She was raised in a home where abortion was considered the murder of the child and Shalitha in her heart believed she was indeed a murderer! She cried as she talked about it. When she used the word murderer to describe herself she broke into sobs and admitted she cannot forgive herself for this. Her father freaked when he found out she was pregnant with Coach Williams’s child. But when she had the miscarriage he said she may be getting punished by God for what she did. He believed in a woman’s right to choose, but her also believe aborting the child is wrong. Shalitha knew she could never tell him about what happened in High School or St. Helena Island when she was partying getting drunk and getting pregnant. She knew in each pregnancy how the fathers were unfit for fatherhood. During those years whenever she was under pressure she drank a lot and each time she got pregnant she knew the father was one of the fools she hung out with during those years. Her own Father never touched Alcohol and her mother drank only once a month if that much and it was one glass at best. Shalitha started experimenting with alcohol at a young age behind her parents back, sipping on her mother’s tequila. Over the years it worsened. She knew her father would be ashamed of her for getting caught in a drunken pregnancy, so she aborted the child. She cried deeply when she said her only reason for killing her babies was because she was afraid of what her father would think of her. “I hated him for all of it and I blamed him for making me kill my babies. But in my heart I always knew he was right and it was not his fault. He told me alcohol was bad. During his years in the street as a gang member he was an alcoholic. He went to AA straight out of prison at age 21 and has been alcohol free ever since. He warned me about indiscriminate sex, that it would only lead to ruin. I thought he was an old out of touch fool. He warned me about my coach, telling me he was no good. I once again ignored him and fell in love anyway. When I told Daddy I was pregnant he told me Coach Williams would never leave his wife for me. Once again Daddy was right. I then tried to take Coach Williams from his wife and fought her for him. When he rejected me I tried to hurt both of them and my father warned me against it and once again I rejected him. When I lost the baby he told me I was wrong for trying to take another woman’s husband and I didn’t want to hear it. When I got pregnant in St. Helena I didn’t even know who the father was and didn’t want to know. All the men I was with were no good and I couldn’t stomach having their baby and my father knowing about it, so I aborted it!” She looked at Soonji “so you see…..your friend is a murderer!”
    She broke down and cried loudly…Soonji grabbed her and held her, Ilyssa rubbed her back and shoulders, Sharif knelt in front with his hand on her head soothing her. She looked at Sharif.
    “I’m sorry I couldn’t tell you…..I’m sorry I hid this from the family, I failed all you, especially my Mother who tried not to take sides but was caught in the middle……an-and I-I’m sorry I blamed our Father!” she sobbed….
    Sharif brought both arms around Shalitha and let her cry.
    “It’s alright” he said….. “It’s alright…..we’re here, we love you, we forgive you, now you must forgive yourself!”
    “I can’t!” she cried…..I killed them……I killed my babies” she fell to the floor in anguish and screamed in pain….“OH MY GOD……WHAT HAVE I DONE…..I KILLED MY BABIES!!!!”
    Shalitha was screaming in agony now and the ladies and Sharif held on to her. Ilyssa and Soonji were crying with her and squeezed her close. Sharif now held her hands and hummed a soothing chant. All of them knew she had a long way to go to forgive herself! It was not hatred of her father that caused her to not speak to him, it was hatred of herself! Shalitha was shaking and writhing on the floor, screaming and sobbing, ending the life of her babies burned in her heart, trying to take her coach from his wife burned in her heart, blaming her father and not speaking to him for 10 years burned in her heart, deceiving her family burned in her heart! She felt unworthy and unlovable. But most of all she felt like she would never be forgiven by God for what she had done. Her heart was broken and her soul was shattered. Sharif looked at Ilyssa and she nodded…..“Do it now!”
    Sharif squeezed her hands and spoke gently “we’re not finished honey!”
    Shalitha looked up with tears pouring down her face……
    “What?” she asked confused.
    “There is someone here who needs your help!”
    “I can’t help anyone!” she sobbed…. “I’m a murderer, a liar, a thief and I betrayed my father and my family, I can’t help anyone!”
    “That’s why you’re the perfect person for the job!” Sharif answered.
    “WHAT????” She asked again confused and irritated.
    “Akusua is here!”
    “WHAT!!!” Shalitha screamed…..“SHE’S HERE RIGHT NOW???” she sat up abruptly.
    “YES!” Sharif answered her…. “and the pain your feeling is much, much worse for her. She feels she betrayed and destroyed her entire village, her parents, siblings and the unborn child!”
    Shalitha jumped up!
    “WHERE IS SHE???”
    “Right next door……we’ll take you to her!!!” Ilyssa answered.
    They were immediately out the door running to the hotel next door. Within 2 minutes Shalitha was banging on the hotel room door of Akusua. When she answered Shalitha could see the pain in her eyes mirrored in her own. They screamed and rushed in each other’s arms joy overwhelming sorrow at that moment. Sharif, Soonji and Ilyssa bowed out the door and left them alone! They knew the first step for the healing of Shalitha had now begun. She will do everything in her power to help Akusua and in the process help herself.

To be continued
    Last edited by shak7; December 4th, 2016 at 11:18 PM.