Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Trib it forward 2016 project final phase

Quote Originally Posted by sffan4e View Post
    Indeed, the link shall be shared though Pm by XP.

I personally don't want to risk my Google account. It's a real pain in the ass to loose it, as all my correspondence, and lots of backups are in there.

So hopefully we can find an alternative.
    With services like WeTransfer you can freely send files up to 2GB to other users, they get notification via email and can download it directly via browser. Just to have a rough idea, how big is the complete file?

Senior Hostboard Member ckskevin's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yea, I will do it. Ask xp to get a list of emails I need to share to.

I will only share it once I got the list.

Senior Hostboard Member sffan4e's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nestore5 View Post
    With services like WeTransfer you can freely send files up to 2GB to other users, they get notification via email and can download it directly via browser. Just to have a rough idea, how big is the complete file?
    Thanks for thinking along. Unfortunately the file is at the moment 2,6gb big. A bit too large for wetransfer and Dropbox...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ckskevin View Post
    Yea, I will do it. Ask xp to get a list of emails I need to share to.

I will only share it once I got the list.
    I sent you a PM about this method.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for thinking along. Unfortunately the file is at the moment 2,6gb big. A bit too large for wetransfer and Dropbox...

- - - Updated - - -

I sent you a PM about this method.
    Hello! Tell me please, find some way to distribute the file?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vladmva View Post
    Hello! Tell me please, find some way to distribute the file?
    We are doing our best and have a solution. Unfortunately, at the same time we also encountered some delay. I will explain a little in the following update.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello fellow SFfans.

I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that ckskevin has offered his help to distribute the video! The way it will work is that the producer will supply me their 48 hours download link. I will share this link with ckskevin. Once he downloaded and uploaded the video to his cloud, he will create his own download link. This link will be shared with XP. XP on his turn will send everybody who has participated the link through Private Message. Anyone who has participated and did NOT receive the download link to the video, can send a PM to XP with the link to the post where he/she shows his/her participation. This way XP can check and reply back with the download link.
    After our 1 month exclusive premiere free download period, ckskevin will cancel his video download link. So make sure to download it before that time. After the free period the video will become regularly available at Defeatedsexfight.com webshop. In other words, you will have to pay for it. So make backups, etc, if you want to make sure not to loose the video.

Also, please understand that this is a gift from me to you guys and gals from the forum. Not a gift to the whole World Wide Web. After our exclusive premiere period, the video goes on sale at Defeatedsexfight.com. They need the funds from the sales to keep things running. Also the distribution rights remain with them. So please do NOT distribute my gift to others.

Now for the bad news. We encountered some delays, which is due to me. What happened is that I encountered some irregularities in the video and informed Defeatedsexfight about it. He has been busy to fix this and re-send me the video. Please understand that the producer is mainly a one man army, he has some assistance, but most of the work he does himself. So it takes a bit of time to get things fixed.
    So sorry for the delay. But I think the adjustments will benefit the quality of the video. Hope you can understand.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Hello fellow SFfans.

I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that ckskevin has offered his help to distribute the video! The way it will work is that the producer will supply me their 48 hours download link. I will share this link with ckskevin. Once he downloaded and uploaded the video to his cloud, he will create his own download link. This link will be shared with XP. XP on his turn will send everybody who has participated the link through Private Message. Anyone who has participated and did NOT receive the download link to the video, can send a PM to XP with the link to the post where he/she shows his/her participation. This way XP can check and reply back with the download link.
    After our 1 month exclusive premiere free download period, ckskevin will cancel his video download link. So make sure to download it before that time. After the free period the video will become regularly available at Defeatedsexfight.com webshop. In other words, you will have to pay for it. So make backups, etc, if you want to make sure not to loose the video.

Also, please understand that this is a gift from me to you guys and gals from the forum. Not a gift to the whole World Wide Web. After our exclusive premiere period, the video goes on sale at Defeatedsexfight.com. They need the funds from the sales to keep things running. Also the distribution rights remain with them. So please do NOT distribute my gift to others.

Now for the bad news. We encountered some delays, which is due to me. What happened is that I encountered some irregularities in the video and informed Defeatedsexfight about it. He has been busy to fix this and re-send me the video. Please understand that the producer is mainly a one man army, he has some assistance, but most of the work he does himself. So it takes a bit of time to get things fixed.
    So sorry for the delay. But I think the adjustments will benefit the quality of the video. Hope you can understand.
    Just to make sure and verify, if you voted in the poll and made a comment during the "what does this need to contain" posts... you will be good to go right?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MR_TJ View Post
    Just to make sure and verify, if you voted in the poll and made a comment during the "what does this need to contain" posts... you will be good to go right?
    Actually, either one is good enough. So if you only voted, that's sufficient. If you only commented, that's sufficient as well.

If you did both, you get a big hug from me. Or from Angel, she's allways in for a big hug

The reason that XP might miss you, is because it's all manual labor (Note to self: don't forget to thank him for all his help!). There is no automatic system that sends everybody the link. So he might miss a vote from someone in one of the older polls for example.
    So that is why you can send him a PM to notify him if he forgot you.
    And that is why it is IMPORTANT to keep an eye on this thread. Once XP or me announced the distribution, we have 1 month for everybody to download the video. After that the free download period will be over.
    So it's CRUCIAL that you notify him in time, in case you did not receive the download link, but did participate.
    Last edited by sffan4e; February 2nd, 2017 at 11:16 PM.

Senior Hostboard Member ckskevin's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi,

I got the link and I am downloading it now. Soon I will have it into my google drive and I will let XP and sffan4e know of the link.
    I will let it be shared in my drive for exactly ONE month.

P.S. Don't ask the link from me. Ask it from XP or sffan4e.

Update
    The file is up and sharing.
    Last edited by ckskevin; February 3rd, 2017 at 05:54 AM.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New update with some GREAT NEWS FOR THE LATE COMERS to this project:

Hi, as you might have noticed the video got re-edited. I sent it to ckskevin and he uploaded it to his cloud.
    After XP receives the download link, the distribution can begin. As said before, we have 1 month for this exclusive free premiere download. After this period the video can only be bought at the Webster of the producer defeatedsexfight.com. Make copies if you don't want to loose the video.
    Also the rights to the video remain with the producer. This includes the distribution rights. So please don't share it with others.

Now about the GREAT news for those who were too late to participate. I realise not everybody is so quick and found out about this beautiful forum just now. I would still like to share my gift with you. I talked about it with the producer and he was so graceful to show some leniency. He could have selfishly say no, and let you buy it. But instead he agreed to share it also with you all.
    So I have the following proposal. You can post in this thread that you would like to receive the download link from XP. In return you agree to write a little review afterwards in the review section. It does not have to be a whole novel. Just tell a bit what your thoughts are about the video, what you liked, what you would have liked to see different, what you think of the whole process of this project, etc. Just put a little effort in it and don't stop at "Good video/bad video."
    I hope the others don't get jealous and I hope you newbies appreciate this gesture.

So to start the story, once upon a time, in a castle far far away...

TS44 Trib20it20forward202016
    Last edited by sffan4e; February 3rd, 2017 at 09:21 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast