Quote Originally Posted by shak7 View Post
Hey Raqnar0k

The idea of combining genres like woman to woman sexfights with horror is both erotic and repulsive.........a perfect recipe for excitement! But if your reference to the Buffy the Vampire Sex-Fighting Slayer has to do with the precedence set by Deensmith and his incredible writing by all means write it! He is without a doubt my favorite writer here, but his penchant for his heroes losing bothers me. In real life that may be true, but in the world of fiction and fantasy the heroes are always supposed to win! No it's not some unwritten law that says it must be this way......most of us just prefer it like this! It's actually kind of silly when you give it real thought!
But yes a sexfight horror story could be hot.....minus the pools of blood that are the major features of Hell Raiser and Saw and I look forward to learning about Helen and the other characters in your stories.
Be well and happy writing.

Shak
Hey Shak,

Although I don't think that I could hope to match the incredible quality of Deensmith's writing, I remain interested in creating a piece that combines the best of both genres.
I absolutely take your point about heroes not losing (all of the time). My own penchant is that sometimes heroes will win, and sometimes they will lose, but there is always the possibility of a turnover rematch for either side along the way. In my approach to this, too much predictability becomes the enemy of dramatic invention and I like to think that the reader will rarely be able to second guess the outcome of each individual fight I write about. From the feedback I have received, I don't think many would have predicted the outcome of Helen vs Mhairi correctly; but then again it wasn't a simple case of good girl vs bad girl, and I certainly hope the characters were more finely nuanced than that in the end.

I'm very grateful that you have been reading about Helen and the other characters I have been writing about. It's a very personal journey for me to commit all this in writing for an audience after so many years of simply plotting these stories, and others, in my head...

All the best,

Ragnar0k