Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Re: New Story by JB57: Fire with Fire

Hm, groundwork, wouw!

Wonder what the plot could be. Maybe the witch, who centuries ago, managed to condemn our poor succubus (we are getting a more and more positive view her) could be an interesting challenge for our wanton Robin.

Yet another happy reader
    Johannes

Senior Hostboard Member Johannesdk's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

In the distance I can hear hordes of readers, crawling on their bleeding knees as they prey, murmur and groan: "Oh JB, the next part, please!"

Senior Hostboard Member Giannis-CB's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johannesdk View Post
    In the distance I can hear hordes of readers, crawling on their bleeding knees as they prey, murmur and groan: "Oh JB, the next part, please!"
    LOL
    Rightly said !
    I am one of them!
    I check 2-3 times per day !
    I eat my nails (Greek expression to show big impatience for something good but delaying to come)

Let's hope that our waiting time will end soon.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis-CB View Post
    LOL
    Rightly said !
    I am one of them!
    I check 2-3 times per day !
    I eat my nails (Greek expression to show big impatience for something good but delaying to come)

Let's hope that our waiting time will end soon.
    I'm really sorry! The conclusion to this story is mostly written, but the next part is still only conceptual. I hope to have it up next weekend at the earliest, however, so please stop checking so often!

I apologize again. Things in my work life right now are really hectic and eating up all of my time. But they should slow down a bit in a week or so.

JB57
    JB57

WriteThisWay

Let's quote the great George Orwell in his work Why I Write here:

"A scrupulous writer, in every sentence that he writes, will ask himself at least four questions, thus: What am I trying to say? What words will express it? What image or idiom will make it clearer? Is this image fresh enough to have an impact? And he will probably ask two more: Could I put it more shortly? Have I said anything that is avoidably ugly?"

"The inflated style is itself a kind of euphemism."

"Never use a long word where a short one will do."

"If it is possible to cut a word out, always cut it out."

"This last effort of the mind cuts out all stale or mixed images, all prefabricated phrases, needless repetitions, and humbug and vagueness generally."

Your writing is the equivalent of the person at a dinner party who never shuts up. You just beat the same longwinded gong over and over again, with every story becoming nearly indistinguishable fro the one before it. Here's a challenge for you: prove this isn't all a vanity project for your own ego and actually write something that's 5,000 words or less and has a definitive conclusion.

Senior Hostboard Member YuriLesboLover's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WriteThisWay View Post

"A scrupulous writer, in every sentence that he writes, will ask himself at least four questions, thus: What am I trying to say? What words will express it? What image or idiom will make it clearer? Is this image fresh enough to have an impact? And he will probably ask two more: Could I put it more shortly? Have I said anything that is avoidably ugly?"

"This last effort of the mind cuts out all stale or mixed images, all prefabricated phrases, needless repetitions, and humbug and vagueness generally."

Your writing is the equivalent of the person at a dinner party who never shuts up. You just beat the same longwinded gong over and over again, with every story becoming nearly indistinguishable fro the one before it. Here's a challenge for you: prove this isn't all a vanity project for your own ego and actually write something that's 5,000 words or less and has a definitive conclusion.
    What?s your damn problem? No need to act like a douchebag just because you aren?t a fan of his work. JB?s a really friendly, talented and down to earth guy. This post is completely uncalled for. I?d say you owe him an apology.

Senior Hostboard Member kamafight's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WriteThisWay View Post

Let's quote the great Manu Joseph:

?The tragedy of mediocrity is that even mediocre people shake their heads and mull over how standard are falling."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)

Thanks for the support, Kama and Yuri, but rest assured that Writethisway doesn't bother me at all.I literally don't read anything he writes - his stories and certainly not his comments. Constructive criticism is one thing; obvious vicious attacks are something else. So, I don't know what his comment was on this thread and I never will.

Thanks again,

JB
    JB57

Senior Hostboard Member
    New Story by JB57: Fire with Fire

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Hi JB57

Quality takes time, so take yor time and do your magic when inspiration come to you
    You don't own anyone anything, you give so much and don't ask anything.
    This is very noble and worthy of respect
    Ard

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't get people attacking author's. Its not like they are getting paid to post stories here. I've enjoyed JB57's and the works of others here too. There is this thing called real life. A life outside this forum. Imagine that. Most of us have real lives that comes first second and or third. I, like many in this forum come here when all else is done for a mind fuck. Thank you authors for providing that. The only reason to get mad at the authors is if you are on here 24/7 365, pulling your pud and getting blue balls waiting for stories to be finished to your liking. Pretty sad.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast