Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)

Re: How Women Hug Chapter 2

I certainly got the reference the first time! It did not occur to me that others did not - it's such a cliche in the mainstream world I thought it was obvious! As I recall, in that "Beth and Sandra" story, the pizza guy gave Beth a reference for a busty pizza girl, so there is hope for building on the cliche!

The point about "buildup mattering" is a key consideration for me. I would not be able to write any of these stories if I did not have to work on the different scenarios. Kamafight is correct - there are only so many ways to describe a sex fight. I think that what keeps the story fresh and interesting are the details of the plot/setting. In my last story, "Duranna", the buildup was about 10 pages before Duranna's opponent, Allanar, even appeared. In that case, I threw in a male/female sex scene about 4-5 pages in, so it wasn't all just set-up, but it was still mostly world-building. (BTW, "Duranna" is almost done and the last part should be up within the next few days). Currently, I'm working on a new story where the buildup is also taking some time. Don't get me wrong: getting to the sex is the key goal of all these stories. But how you get there and -for me- how much you build the suspense is key. That is one of the reasons that I really love kingofdapirate's stories. He is masterful at building and building suspense until his readers are practically tearing out their hair! (Well, speaking for myself). And the payoff is always great. To my mind, nothing is more boring than a sex fight story that does not set up a good scenario. In a previous post, I mentioned how a lot of my stories come from visual inspirations. I find the most exciting part of the process is giving those visual cues a backstory.

BTW, this does not mean that the story has to be overly long or dragged out or that the scenario has to be too detailed. There are lots of short stories (or relatively short stories) that establish their scenario and get into the sex pretty quickly that work wonderfully well. Some of APenman's earlier stories are like this and the first "Beth and Sandra" story is a masterclass in "less is more" in that the scenario is beautifully established and allowed to build on itself until we are allowed to see the erotic showdown that started outside of our view. All of Angeldawn's stories did not waste much time getting down to business (though she played out some confrontations for a while, building suspense) but the world in which these events were happening was well-established.

Anyway, I'm overcomplicating things. All I'm trying to say is that, in my view, the setting/scenario is key to making a story work and, for me as a writer, key to making the story interesting.

JB57
    JB57

HB Forum Owner
    How Women Hug Chapter 2

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JB57 View Post
    I certainly got the reference the first time! It did not occur to me that others did not - it's such a cliche in the mainstream world I thought it was obvious! As I recall, in that "Beth and Sandra" story, the pizza guy gave Beth a reference for a busty pizza girl, so there is hope for building on the cliche!

The point about "buildup mattering" is a key consideration for me. I would not be able to write any of these stories if I did not have to work on the different scenarios. Kamafight is correct - there are only so many ways to describe a sex fight. I think that what keeps the story fresh and interesting are the details of the plot/setting. In my last story, "Duranna", the buildup was about 10 pages before Duranna's opponent, Allanar, even appeared. In that case, I threw in a male/female sex scene about 4-5 pages in, so it wasn't all just set-up, but it was still mostly world-building. (BTW, "Duranna" is almost done and the last part should be up within the next few days). Currently, I'm working on a new story where the buildup is also taking some time. Don't get me wrong: getting to the sex is the key goal of all these stories. But how you get there and -for me- how much you build the suspense is key. That is one of the reasons that I really love kingofdapirate's stories. He is masterful at building and building suspense until his readers are practically tearing out their hair! (Well, speaking for myself). And the payoff is always great. To my mind, nothing is more boring than a sex fight story that does not set up a good scenario. In a previous post, I mentioned how a lot of my stories come from visual inspirations. I find the most exciting part of the process is giving those visual cues a backstory.

BTW, this does not mean that the story has to be overly long or dragged out or that the scenario has to be too detailed. There are lots of short stories (or relatively short stories) that establish their scenario and get into the sex pretty quickly that work wonderfully well. Some of APenman's earlier stories are like this and the first "Beth and Sandra" story is a masterclass in "less is more" in that the scenario is beautifully established and allowed to build on itself until we are allowed to see the erotic showdown that started outside of our view. All of Angeldawn's stories did not waste much time getting down to business (though she played out some confrontations for a while, building suspense) but the world in which these events were happening was well-established.

Anyway, I'm overcomplicating things. All I'm trying to say is that, in my view, the setting/scenario is key to making a story work and, for me as a writer, key to making the story interesting.

JB57
    Excellent insights, JB!
    And I also agree with you about kingofdapirates. He's an amazing writer/story teller!

AP

Senior Hostboard Member kingofdapirates1's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

Haha, you all are too kind! Hoping to have a new story out later this week! But forget about that for now. I really enjoyed this whole story! It was super funny and also very hot, an awesome combination that I def want to see more of along with that titfight goodness. Part 3 or no Part 3, it is an exciting ride! Thanks!