Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Appreciating the stories of Angel Dawn

I'm not a newbie in this community, but I also haven't been around long enough to know it well. I'm still exploring all you writers and your stories, both active and inactive. I'm getting accustomed to all these writing styles and particular tastes. So far, I enjoy what I see.

I know that the site (Hostboard) has caused problems in the past, leading to a whole lot of stories and posts being lost in the digital wind. So, when I saw the link for old stories compiled via the WayBack Machine, I began to explore. There's a lot of great authors and stories in that list, but there was one old writer who made a lasting impression on me: Angel Dawn.

I read the first chapter of her "Angelica" series out of sheer curiosity, and I ended up binging all of it in one go. Like...wow.

Now, I know that her style of story is on the "softer" side for people here; I know some like their fights actually being fights, throwing choice words and the occasional violence here and there. There's only a handful of stories I've seen that dare cross into the lesbian border line. But the stuff in Angel Dawn's stories, those check all my boxes. And having finished all that, I was slightly disappointed to see that Angel hadn't written any other stories, and has been inactive for years now. I really liked her style, light-hearted tone, and specific kinks in-story.

So, here's my question to any of the writers who've been here since the beginning: would you know any other stories of the same style, kinks, or playfulness as in Angel Dawn's? Any lost stories or recommendations? I'm getting some similar vibes from the stories of A.Penman and JB57, but anyone else?

I'd very much appreciate it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)

Re: Appreciating the stories of Angel Dawn

Angel Dawn is fantastic. After being inactive for quite some time, she briefly resurfaced earlier this year and indicated she had some new stories she was working on. Unfortunately, she is a few months behind when she said she would start posting, but I cling to the hope that we will see more of her tremendous work relatively soon!

To answer your question, I hope you have been checking out Anubisx's story, the Amazon and the Valkyrie, still ongoing.

Catharsis is simply an incredible writer. Like me, his work tends to be more competitive, but it has its romantic iterations too. While his stories are often quite detailed, he is also the master of saying a lot and creating powerful images in just a few words. I always hold up his story "Homewrecker" as a key example of this. Recently, he has also started a new mystical series based around the witch Rowen.

I assume you have followed Kingofdapirate's epic Amber and Maggie stories. That has moved into a full-fledged romance between the two women.

I've used (with permission) some of Rodman's stories as the basis for some of mine, but those are generally more competitive.

Anyway, as you'd expect from a board based on a certain kind of "fighting", most of the stories here are not overly romantic, but there are some writers who have stories that shade in that direction.

JB57
    JB57