So, the well known author Dotti D has apparently decided to retire. Fair enough. I understand that these authors all do this in their free time in between their actual lives and jobs and it can become a problem for mental health. I have no problem with her or anyone else deciding to move on but the problem is what she did afterwards. She nuked her account on FreeCatFights and all her posts with it. That or the admins did it but I seriously doubt they’d do that without her say so.

Regardless, that was a giant middle finger to her readers and fans. I never got into her stories myself but I can only imagine how her fans must feel about that. I think most, if not all of us, like to reread stories we haven’t read in a while. I personally just got done rereading The Adventures of Angelica Dawn Private Eye. My second favorite story series on this site, surpassed only by the Maggie and Amber series and I had a great time revisiting it. It almost felt like I was reading it for the first time again.

So, that’s the point I’m trying to make. Every writer’s decision to retire or not is entirely up to them but do not punish your fans and deny them the joy of revisiting your work or prevent new people from discovering it. If I sound overly accusatory in this, I apologize. Maybe this wasn’t intentional or she had a reason related to her privacy or something along those lines but my point still stands. Walk away if you want to but don’t erase things that people love. I’d be devastated if some of my favorite stories were removed without a trace.