Quote Originally Posted by Rivals_Rapture View Post
Eights, when I was writing this story, I fully intended to keep it a super even, back and forth, where the winner barely made it through (like almost every other story I write). But suddenly, in my mind, I came up with the idea of the smother and fingering, and that scene was so hot to me.

So, I wrote that, then carried it through to the end, and went to about 15 different people who I consider thoughtful and creative. I asked them if I should keep what I did (which is the story you see above), or go back and rewrite it to avoid people feeling like it was too one-sided and wasn't the parity-based fantasy so many of us have. Without exception, they told me to keep it the way that it was.

Now, it's highly likely they didn't want to hurt my feelings, and maybe just told me I was on the right path, when I wasn't. That said, I really did struggle with my decision to let it play out like I did. I write so many of my stories with this constant fear of what fans would want. Staying away from ties and characters falling in love. Avoiding too much violence, or failing to have enough of it. It's really hard to balance telling the story I want to tell, while also satisfying all of my reader's fantasies.

As a side note, Brie has always, in my mind, been the main character of this series. But after having gotten feedback from a lot of people about how much they like Kylie, I am kind of rethinking what I originally had planned. But even before that turn of the wheel came, I was certain that there would be another story after this, and that Kylie's subjugation will very much be a useful yoke for her to rebel against and for Brie to regret.
Appreciate the response and it's cool to see where your aim was with this. The big thing though. Don't worry about your fans, write what you want to write, what you'd really like to put out there, and what makes you happy. Your fans will be there, you have someone on hostboards right know hyped to have their own author page on YOUR site. I'd take that as an acknowledgement that you're knocking it out of the park, so to speak. The ones that are really down for you will put their two cents in, the trolls will come and go, ignore em. If you need to make a note at the start of a project saying you're trying something and would like some input for the follow up, do it.

Examples of fan input I've dealt with. One of the comics I did had one girl gain an "advantage" over another in a fight by licking her toes, made sense with the position they were in. That post and the following 3 updates had the same guy BEGGING for more foot play. Make them interlock their toes, stick their feet in such and such orifice, and the amount of dms. FML

Then there was this fade on pixiv where pregnant woman catfighting was a thing, and whatever you're imagining multiply it by four, that bad. People dming me to draw THAT type of shit... noooooooo. Comments for artist who did it where interesting. 40% where happy the artist had something new out, 55% where straight up asking wtf was wrong with them and then you had this 5% swearing it was the greatest thing ever created. And getting extra hostile in the comment section for those who disagreed.

Fans be like "fanS bE LiKe" but they the fans that be like that. Still love em though.

Hell I just think it's cool you're writing again. And context is hard via the internet, so giving feedback feels tricky beyond "excellent work" when it's someone I don't really engage with.

Back to the story, dunno maybe if there was more internal dialog from Kylie on why she kind a gave up the so early it would gel a bit better for me. 95% of the time I see a story from you though I know I'm in for something fun and creative so I hope that's the bigger takeaway.