Thread: How much drama in a story is too much?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Hostboard Member Giannis-CB's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

Re: How much drama in a story is too much?

Quote Originally Posted by kamafight View Post
    I do occasionally like stories with slow build ups. For me, if the drama is interlaced with foreplay between the characters, it is OK.

I hope some day, somebody writers a long sexfight novel with many dramatic elements.

I once had this idea to write a novel about DWW wrestling women - how they were recruited, their life in DWW, centered around a love-hate relationship between two wrestlers and a sex trafficker villain who is trying to harm the women.
    Interesting Idea Kama ! Do it ! You have written some great sexfight stories among women here. You can do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apenman View Post
    I look at drama as a writers tool. My primary tool, just in case it wasn’t obvious, is humor or satire. But I do like to inject a dose of emotion when I think the situation warrants its use. Emotional moments, in my humble opinion, help to round out the personality of the character. But I don’t like when drama is so thick that it becomes melodrama.

What we write here will not likely be given serious consideration in more traditional literary circles. Let’s face it, sexfight writing is pure niche.But that doesn’t mean we can’t, or don’t need to strive for good writing. I often wonder if any of us use this milieu as a skill sharpening exercise for other writing that they do.

I like smart/intelligent wisecracking women who aren’t afraid to cry, as much as I like wisecracking women who aren’t afraid to talk smack while they bump and grind. An interesting story helps too.

So, drama use is always up to the author. My only piece of advice would be “use it wisely.”

AP
    Wise words by one of the top writers here !! I used bold fonts and/or different color to put emphasis what i liked more. Without to underestimate all the rest you wrote.

Senior Hostboard Member YuriLesboLover's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Re: How much drama in a story is too much?

I’m all done with finals but after the stressful week I’ve had, I just wanna take the weekend off for some R&R. On Monday, I’ll start my new story, Lusty Lives. It’s a bit of an unusual concept but I hope you’ll enjoy it