Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please fix this once and for all!

Senior Hostboard Member YuriLesboLover's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Please fix this once and for all!

Okay, so looks like the site has changed again. There are no longer any buttons, so no more liking or thanking comments. That’s annoying but I can live with it. What I can’t live with is that the trick to get past censorship no longer works! You could copy and paste it and that would be it but now it’s gone! I just posted a new story I was excited about and now I have no way to uncensor it! Who even asked for this?! It defeats the purpose of the entire site! At this point, I’ve had enough. Get rid of the censorship entirely! Until the copy and paste trick is at least brought back, I will not be uploading anymore stories.

I’m sorry but my patience is at an end for this. We shouldn’t have to stand for it. Figures this would happen when I’m on a surge of inspiration. In the mean time, I’ll continue writing, so that my stories will be uploaded on mass when and if this is ever fixed. Also, bringing the buttons back will be nice too. (Groans). Sorry, everyone. Looks like Tamara’s exams will have to be put on hold.

Junior Hostboard Member Shanice's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: Please fix this once and for all!

Discord.....This message board format is so antiquated now. That's what I'd do.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)

I have not posted any stories in the past few days so I did not know this has happened. I'll test it out later. HOwever, I certainly agree with Yuri -the censor function completely defeats the purpose of the board.

I know that Rival's Rapture's site will post our stories so please keep that in mind.

I know nothing about Discord, other than the name and the vague knowledge that it is some kind of social media platform. I am not anxious to expand my presence on social media, since I try to avoid it (I find it a monumental waste of time). However, if pushed, I guess I can make the transition.

JB57
    JB57

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JB57 View Post
    I have not posted any stories in the past few days so I did not know this has happened. I'll test it out later. HOwever, I certainly agree with Yuri -the censor function completely defeats the purpose of the board.

I know that Rival's Rapture's site will post our stories so please keep that in mind.

I know nothing about Discord, other than the name and the vague knowledge that it is some kind of social media platform. I am not anxious to expand my presence on social media, since I try to avoid it (I find it a monumental waste of time). However, if pushed, I guess I can make the transition.

JB57
    Agreed. I’m sure it will be fixed, though. I mean, does anyone actually use this board for anything else? And I especially agree about social media. I don’t need the headache.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

I'm afraid, that all existing stories on this board just got censored, including my own, which I can't even edit anymore. That's really disheartening.

About discord: It's a neat tool, if you are running a Warcraft guild but not really ideal for sharing stories I'd say. And about fights.sexy: You need to log in to even read the forum and my attempts to create an account have so far been unsuccessful (no confirmation mail received).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    151 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by herbert3000 View Post
    I'm afraid, that all existing stories on this board just got censored, including my own, which I can't even edit anymore. That's really disheartening.

About discord: It's a neat tool, if you are running a Warcraft guild but not really ideal for sharing stories I'd say. And about fights.sexy: You need to log in to even read the forum and my attempts to create an account have so far been unsuccessful (no confirmation mail received).
    HI Herbert,

I am able to access fights sexy without a login and read everything there all the time without logging in. I think you need to confirm you are over 18 and that is it. I just tried this and got in without an active account.

JB
    JB57

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JB57 View Post
    HI Herbert,

I am able to access fights sexy without a login and read everything there all the time without logging in. I think you need to confirm you are over 18 and that is it. I just tried this and got in without an active account.

JB
    Well I don't get an age verification prompt (other than the startpage telling me not to enter if I'm underage) but I do get a login prompt whenever I click on any thread in any subforum

HB Forum Owner
    Please fix this once and for all!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri*****Lover View Post
    Okay, so looks like the site has changed again. There are no longer any buttons, so no more liking or thanking comments. That’s annoying but I can live with it. What I can’t live with is that the trick to get past censorship no longer works! You could copy and paste it and that would be it but now it’s gone! I just posted a new story I was excited about and now I have no way to uncensor it! Who even asked for this?! It defeats the purpose of the entire site! At this point, I’ve had enough. Get rid of the censorship entirely! Until the copy and paste trick is at least brought back, I will not be uploading anymore stories.

I’m sorry but my patience is at an end for this. We shouldn’t have to stand for it. Figures this would happen when I’m on a surge of inspiration. In the mean time, I’ll continue writing, so that my stories will be uploaded on mass when and if this is ever fixed. Also, bringing the buttons back will be nice too. (Groans). Sorry, everyone. Looks like Tamara’s exams will have to be put on hold.
    OK Yuri,

Here's what I see on my end...all stories are now ****ing *****censored. All of them! As for like/thank option, I did notice that if you look just above your original post you'll see a line of functions/options that has been added. One of them says "Rate This Thread." It gives you a one to five star option. I haven't tried it and, truthfully, am hesitant to use it because anything less than 5 stars will probably cause some hurt feelings. I'll tell you what, I'll give your above post a 5 star rating, just to see what happens.

Anyway, my personal opinion is that the board is infested with spyware/malware (I'm no expert) and they don't have a clue how to fix it, or don't care about fixing it. It's all these mother****ing adds that annoy me.

Finally, along with Fights/sexy, Deviant Art accepts stories too, as does Literotica. Although I think their process is a bit more convoluted.

I hope that your "surge of inspiration" continues as I like what I have read (have not read all stories) so far.

A. Penman

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

There’s also freecatfights.com, which is where future Catharsis stories will be posted if this asterisk situation doesn’t get resolved. This little community was always living off of the tolerance and generosity of this site’s owners. If they are making these kind of changes in response to laws or to behavior on another board here, then it may be time to move on.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Yeah, I’ve noticed that past stories are now censored too. Strangely, not my past stories, though. This is such horseshit. FreeCatFights is probably the best alternative and I already have an account there but for now, I’ll wait and see. If the problem isn’t fixed by February, then I’ll start posting there. I had such exciting stories on the way too. Right now has been the highlight of my short time as an author here. ****…

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast