0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

The Huge List might be in jeopardy

This video explains it all.

The Internet Archive Is In Danger... - YouTube

The video is full of legal jargon but basically, four major for-profit book publishers are suing the Internet archive for copyright infringement. This looks like it could easily be settled out of court but it is also concerning. As we are all aware, many of the stories on the Huge List are only accessible via the WayBack Machine. At least 80 to 85% of them, including two thirds of Angel’s Private Eye series, one of the best series on the site.

We may need to find other ways to preserve these stories and we can never be too prepared. Just the thought of some of these stories being lost forever makes me feel dead inside. Am I worrying too much? Maybe, maybe not but I at least think this is something we should all be wary of.

Senior Hostboard Member Hoborobo's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Re: The Huge List might be in jeopardy

We've been through a few data wipes through the years and this board has been on the ropes for a while. Chickfight has the entire Private Eye series along with 400+ other stories and Fights.sexy has a lot of stories as well. The entire text backup of this board has been shared a few times. I'm sure many members have local and cloud backups of stories (because I do). If this board goes down, we'll reorganize elsewhere and will be fine.

Senior Hostboard Member YuriLesboLover's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Re: The Huge List might be in jeopardy

Quote Originally Posted by Hoborobo View Post
    We've been through a few data wipes through the years and this board has been on the ropes for a while. Chickfight has the entire Private Eye series along with 400+ other stories and Fights.sexy has a lot of stories as well. The entire text backup of this board has been shared a few times. I'm sure many members have local and cloud backups of stories (because I do). If this board goes down, we'll reorganize elsewhere and will be fine.
    That’s great to know. Didn’t mean to spook anyone but I figured it should be brought to the board’s attention is all. Thanks.