Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Bad News

Well, remember when I said that updates for Storming the Castle would probably take longer than usual? Well, sorry to say but it looks like this story may have the slowest uploads since Lusty Lives for me. I only say this because I’ve always been praised for my fast uploads and I feel you all deserve to be in the loop. I have a lot going on right now and I’ve tried writing but I just don’t feel it. In the last story, which I was very proud of, I just felt the inspiration flowing like a waterfall but not this time. I’m under quite a bit of stress right now and it effects my writing.

I have more bad news too. Remember when I said that every fight in this arc would be 10K words plus? Well, this next part won’t be. I just can’t think of any justifiable reason for it to be that long and I feel it would just come across as unnecessary padding. However, every fight after that will be 10K words, I promise and that isn’t just me trying to make up for this. I have genuine big plans for those fights. I’m just not in the right state of mind right now and my schedule won’t be as clear as usual until early November. I will still try my best when the right mood strikes me. Sorry again.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    153 Post(s)

Re: Bad News

Dear Yuri,

I don't think that you have to apologize at all. As I said, you have been uploading long, multi-part stories at a remarkable rate. I'm not surprised you need a bit of a break. Take as much time as you need. I can tell you from personal experience that the worst thing is to force yourself to write these kind of stories when you are not really feeling them.

Take care,

JB
    JB57

Senior Hostboard Member YuriLesboLover's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JB57 View Post
    Dear Yuri,

I don't think that you have to apologize at all. As I said, you have been uploading long, multi-part stories at a remarkable rate. I'm not surprised you need a bit of a break. Take as much time as you need. I can tell you from personal experience that the worst thing is to force yourself to write these kind of stories when you are not really feeling them.

Take care,

JB
    You’re definitely right on that. It does suck because we’re about to enter the climax of the whole series but at least my last story was one I was really proud of. You comparing me to the likes of Angel meant a lot. A break won’t kill me. I guess I just have this notion that if I go too long without writing, I’ll lose my touch but that’s not really true.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Don't worry, thing's like this happen, and I'm pretty certain you would want the best possible story to post, so don't rush it just to get it out there....life is unpredictable and no one knows what we're going to have deal with tomorrow.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Halfway done with Part 2 of Storming the Castle. Should be finished sometime within the next two or three days.

HB Forum Owner
    Bad News

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YuriLesboLover View Post
    Well, remember when I said that updates for Storming the Castle would probably take longer than usual? Well, sorry to say but it looks like this story may have the slowest uploads since Lusty Lives for me. I only say this because I’ve always been praised for my fast uploads and I feel you all deserve to be in the loop. I have a lot going on right now and I’ve tried writing but I just don’t feel it. In the last story, which I was very proud of, I just felt the inspiration flowing like a waterfall but not this time. I’m under quite a bit of stress right now and it effects my writing.

I have more bad news too. Remember when I said that every fight in this arc would be 10K words plus? Well, this next part won’t be. I just can’t think of any justifiable reason for it to be that long and I feel it would just come across as unnecessary padding. However, every fight after that will be 10K words, I promise and that isn’t just me trying to make up for this. I have genuine big plans for those fights. I’m just not in the right state of mind right now and my schedule won’t be as clear as usual until early November. I will still try my best when the right mood strikes me. Sorry again.
    Yuri,

As lots of folks have already stated, you have nothing to apologize for. Your output has been remarkable, so far. There are no standards here on how many stories you have to write and post. Take a break if you need to. I agree with JB. This type of story is difficult to write if you're not feeling it/the right mood. Not to mention the normal stress factors of life outside of Hostboard. Because we only know each other in THIS context, we tend to not consider that writers have lives too, and they are not always idyllic. So STOP APOLOGIZING and take care of yourself FIRST. Things will get better. They have for me, and I'm looking forward to getting back to the Mac book keyboard and posting again in a few months, possibly sooner.

Be well,
    A. Penman

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    153 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by apenman View Post
    Yuri,

As lots of folks have already stated, you have nothing to apologize for. Your output has been remarkable, so far. There are no standards here on how many stories you have to write and post. Take a break if you need to. I agree with JB. This type of story is difficult to write if you're not feeling it/the right mood. Not to mention the normal stress factors of life outside of Hostboard. Because we only know each other in THIS context, we tend to not consider that writers have lives too, and they are not always idyllic. So STOP APOLOGIZING and take care of yourself FIRST. Things will get better. They have for me, and I'm looking forward to getting back to the Mac book keyboard and posting again in a few months, possibly sooner.

Be well,
    A. Penman

Hi AP,

This is great news! I'm really happy that things are getting better for you!

JB
    JB57

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by apenman View Post
    Yuri,

Be well,
    A. Penman
    Great news. And my next story is almost done but my schedule is all over the place right now and will be for a while, so this arc will be inconsistent in upload speed but I will get it done.

Senior Hostboard Member Giannis-CB's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    83 Post(s)

I am so glad you feel better !! I give you the same advice you gave to Yuri : take your time, it is no rush ! First priority is your health !! This is the same for any of us here !

When you will be so fine that you will start writing again, we will enjoy your next masterpiece !!