Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Payton's own bemused expression mirrored Devantious' the close they reached the Downtown section of the Red Light District, the crazier things seemed to be. Even for this part of town during the dusk hours, random things were happening around them that were simply painted as ...

Odd.

The area where the shootings occurred were still sealed off, as CSI agents continued to work around the clock, searching for any more clues, no matter how small. The multi colored lights that rested on top of their many vehicles provided a ironic light show of their own along the downtown streets. Nothing like a random shooting to heat things up a tad. It bothered Devantious that no one had any recollection of Argus at all, save himself. Unlike the first go round with the Crystal saga, who ever was behind this one was being subtle as hell ... Well. maybe not TOO subtle, but were knowing what strings to pull/cut/twist.

"Hey Payton, you see what the CSI's are coming up with, and meet me down at the Scarf, 'kay? First round's on me."

Leaving the car with Payton, Devantious made his way towards the Crimson Scarf, hoping the walk would allow him to sort out a few things ... Was Christian Christ at it again? Why in the Hell don't these fuckers stay dead any more??? If he could reach Arion and/or Jere, maybe he'd have some answers ... That line of thought was cut abrupt by scores of people running by him, in both directions. A sidestep here, another there ... Random screams/shouts/cries ... Devantious' eyes narrowed for a second before reaching out to grab no one in particular .....

"Hey, slow down there. What's going on?"

"Dude, there's some freaky shit going down at the Crimson Scarf!!! Me and muh boys were in line to get in there right, when all of a sudden, we started hearin' a bunch of screams and shit!! The bouncers ran inside, and them the doors just slammed shut all by themselves, and it was like a nutty lock down, dude!! No body was gettin' in or out!! The police, the feds, Hell, it's like some alien attack or somethin'!!! An' I left my camcorder in the car!! Let go dude!! I'm missing it!!!"

Letting the guy go, Devantious broke out into a all out sprint, pushing/shoving folks out of his way, while flashing his badge. It would have to be at the Crimson Scarf, and he was willing to bet his last credit, it was connected somehow to what was going on ... No doubt about it, he had to find away inside the club ...

But first ...

"Payton!! Call in some Ops!! Code Black!! I'm going to try to get inside ... I'll keep this channel open!!" The closer his approach towards the club, the more the tiny hairs on the back of his neck stood on end .... This wasn't some riot ... something big was going down inside there .... The *rule book* was tossed out the window now, as he slipped into the shadows of several buildings nearby, using the crowd as cover. Tapping into those minor magic traits he learned from a certain Sea Fox, Devantious emerged from the shadows of the lower level men's room stall, his gun locked and loaded, those normally brown eyes now a feral green/gold ....

Slowing his breathing/heart rate down, as his new surrounding came into focus. That's when it hit him.The scent was so over powering, it nearly knocked him on his ass .... It was so thick, he could taste it without even trying ...

It was Death.

He didn't even need enhanced hearing, for the cries/shouts were echoing off the walls, the smell of blood was almost ... Intoxicating??? The lights were now flickering on and off like some hidden code of their own ... What the Hell was happening up there??? A feral scowl did linger on his lips, another signal sent to Payton changing the alert to Level Orange, which meant clear the surrounding area ASAP, And ready the big guns ... Just in case. The elevators were certainly out of the question, Devantious was already moving up the stairs in stealth style which would lead him towards upper levels, into the heart of the chaos ...

... And not liking it one single bit!!

Well, maybe just a little.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"This is just... ridiculous."

A grunt that quickly became a snarl as the Trickster snapped another neck, broke another bone of some poor sod in her way. Blood soaked and furious Briar looked like some classic image from a noir horror film. No guts no glory they would say... which by the way... as much as Briar hated to admit it, she could use the help from the certain McGlory girl.

Braids of buckskin snapped as angry serpents behind her as she whirled around to impact a swift kick into the fast approaching enemy who of all things was none other then Taboo.

"You dumb ass voodoo black hearted bitch. I should have known better then trust another fucking witch!"

Another kick, A palm thrust towards the chin of Taboo as the Black Magic Baby stalked forward with a strength and metabolism that seemed almost... inhumane. One back glance towards the impaled and quite dead Mera. Bloody it all but she actually had liked the company of the werewolf... it reminded her of past times where life was more... elegant.

"I had to do it."

"Why?!?"

Blocking an outlash of claws from Taboo as Briar noticed with dread how the more time passed the more and more Taboo became more feline looking. Whatever black magic had cursed the blood of the Voodun Priestess... it now more then ever was playing bad mojo through Taboo's body.

"Tellis... whatever it is...let's quit. It's starting to smell in here."

A wrinkle of nose in disgust even as she iniated a series of vicious punches and kicks at Taboo. When had the club owner become the Incredible Hulk? Nothing seemed to stop her.

"Lemme guess, you've been stealing testosterone pills from a certain patchwork quilt haven't you."

A snarl as another slice of razor sharp claws slashed across her chest, leaving Briar's shirt in slivers of material.

"Damn it... I actually liked this shirt... It's on now bitch... you're going down."

Teeth bared in something of a feral snarl that became the madness of the Trickster's grin. Whatever could be said, Briar knew this was all bad mojo... and not that of Taboo's energy.

The scent of death, blood, sweat, sex, and body fluids permeated the air making the Amazon almost nauseated but all was overcome... she near felt if she faltered that her own immortality could come into question.

If this was to become Hell... she was about to send it burning.

Energy lashed out like a sonic wave across the area as both women dropped all guise of human qualities and became what they were deep within... beasts...

And it was then that the true nature of the place was exposed. One's beastial nature forged of sin and desire... the other of all it was to be wild and free. One of Unbridled Passion the other forged of Unbridled Rage.

Where two women once stood now existed Panther and Coyote... and the rage of the beasts slammed through the Scarf leaving the grounds to shudder with the pure force of their metaphysical energy crashing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jere's ploy to escape beneath the streets to access the network of sewers was to say the least, partially successful. It gave him the necessary time needed to summon up his Walker abilities to attempt a trip to the Rhydin sector to elude his pursuers, when his world sudden went topsy-turvey, a scream sounding like his soul was being torn from his body, then placed back inside, piece by damned piece.

He wasn't certain how long he had been unconscious, but the first sensations of awareness was a series of gut wrenching spasms that left him throwing up .... His body began systematically reasserting itself, inner awareness was restored in seconds, strength returning.

It didn't take Walker abilities to tell Jere that his attempted jaunt did not take him to Medieval Rhydin as planned. It was not a cobblestone surface that he gracefully spewed upon, but cracked worn out concrete. Junk. Discarded junk. Lots of discarded junk. Rising to his feet, Jere found himself in a dark alley, complete with scurrying rodents and other critters that dwelled within the shadows ... The west direction was a dead end, while the East held faint flashes of light, and muffled noises. A faint breeze blew across those Cherokee features, he still felt somewhat off, and after several steps in that Eastern direction, he discovered why .

He was on top of a building. A building that was apparently ... Surrounded? Steel gray eyes squinted, as Jere was able to make out countless vehicles, uniformed officers, and a multitude of bystanders. Sounds of a approaching helicopter caused the former Realm Walker to stick to the shadows, thoughts racing as to what had went wrong with his gate.

That was when he felt *it.*

A wave, no a surge of karma like energy that was totally off the charts. Right now, it was the only lead he had to go with, and it also appeared to be the primary reason why this building was being sectioned off ... (m) "The Crimson Scarf?" That name triggered something ... He had heard that before ... Either way, the answers remained inside.

Finding a air vent wide enough for him to fit inside of, Jere pried the metal loose, pulling it back enough to provide a hasty entrance. Sliding down, then landing into the upper main vent area, he cringed from the rave-electronica-techno sounds coming from all around him. And the screams. Those eyes would narrow once again as Jere sought out a exit, which would be found by a large fan that had apparently been damaged some how, but it would serve as a way inside.

Dropping down several feet into what appeared to had been a recently vacated lounge area, that looked like the patrons were in quite a rush to get out of there ... Tipped over tables and chairs, spilled drinks ... And that karma like wave again ... He was getting a stronger feel of it now ... Primal. Dark Magics. And Death. He had been around death enough, as well deliver it by his own hand to know her chilly embrace well.

Whatever was going on in the levels below, simply stated ... Was not a good omen by any means. A tight grip was maintained on the hilt of his energy blade as he soon found himself in a hallway that led to several elevators, and a stairway.

Stairs would be safer. Especially after he witnessed the sudden/continual fluctuation of the surrounding lights, as if their main source was being drained somehow.

(m) "Times like this is when I consider just retiring."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

- Violence. Sweet. Unrestrained. Raw. Primal. Uninhibited. Pure. Wait ...I need the Thesaurus. Ahh. Let me try this again. -

- Text: the use of brute strength to cause harm to a person or property <the police believe that the woman died of natural causes rather than as a result of
    violence > -

- Synonyms force, foul play -

- Related words coercion, compulsion, constraint, duress, pressure; damage, detriment, harm, hurt, impairment, injury; crippling, maiming, mayhem, mutilation; assault, attack, bashing, battering, battery, batting, beating, belting, bludgeoning, buffeting, clubbing, drubbing, flogging, hammering, lacing, licking, mauling, pelting, pummeling, pounding, pummeling, thrashing, thumping, walloping, whaling, whipping; onslaught, outbreak, outrage, paroxysm, rampage, revolt, riot, shock, terror, threat, turbulence, upheaval, uproar; browbeating, bulldozing, bullying. -

-The freaks indeed come out at night, the Ring Mistress Taboo behind what will be deemed the Crimson (Scarf ) Massacre. The popular erotic ...Erotic. Hmmm. -

- Text: of, relating to, or expressing sexual attraction <the erotic aspects of the story of Beauty and the Beast> -

- Synonyms amatory, amorous, sexy -

- Related words carnal, sensual, sensuous; bawdy, lascivious, lewd, lustful, obscene, prurient, spicy. -

That would best describe Taboo. And now that she's ... Come out of her shell? We have not seen such carnage since the Hellraiser movies. And yes, I do have the quotes.

Lead Cenobite: Explorers in the further regions of experience. Demons to some. Angels to others.
    Lead Cenobite: The box. You opened it. We came.
    Lead Cenobite: No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.
    Lead Cenobite: We have such sights to show you!
    Kirsty Cotton: It's just a puzzle box!
    Lead Cenobite: Oh, no. It is a means to summon us.
    Lead Cenobite: We will tear your soul apart.
    Frank Cotton: Jesus wept.
    Lead Cenobite: This is not for your eyes.
    Frank Cotton: Come to Daddy.
    Female Cenobite: We had to hear it from your own lips.
    Kirsty Cotton: You can go to hell!
    Female Cenobite: We can't. Not alone.

Perched above it all, two gargoyles sat within the upper shadows of the main club floor, readying themselves for what had the makings of what appeared to be the battle of the ages. The ultimate cat fight. None of that senseless rambling that the male gender had that annoying habit of doing. This was going to be the throw downs of all throw downs ...

-Lets get ready to rummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmbllllllllllllle!!!!!! !!!!!-

- Who says it doesn't pay to be a voyeur? What is it brother? You appear to be distracted, and have yet to chime in which is so unlike you. -

StyLz would glance over to his mirror image, his silence lingering that much longer before addressing Styxx.

- Stonze is on his way. With. Her. -

-Yes. I sensed their arrival into the material plane. As well several others. And we have the best seats in da house!! TEST YOUR MIGHT!!! MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!!!! -

-Who do we side with? The light, or the Darkness? -

-That is easy enough, brother. We side with the winner.-

-Agreed.-

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

gallery71b

Light or Darkness... Pheus could readily admit, even confess that she wasn't really either one. Flickers and glimmers and perhaps shimmers of both was what she was. Spider web and silver spun hair was tucked behind a gold touched ear as she spared a glance at her companion. She knew him well enough to know that he had felt *them* as much as they knew they were close by.

A touch down of sorts a stepping aside and a parting of that mystic veil that kept the dreams from reality. Brief glimpses let her envision the views of the gypsy and the Tiger as they searched for the once Warrior... another memory from a shattered particle of a mirror brought the enlightened awareness of one Phoenix at the realization that her lover, her life long companion... some would say soul mate was closer then she expected...

... and then there was the place where they both had ended up. A tormented, vicious struggled between a Panther and a Coyote that was not really a Coyote at all... and two gargoyles that watched in rafters above.

"Curious and Curiouser."

Soft spoken words from the lips of an angel, or so some would believe... Pheus had arrived with Stonze... near but a few pawn moves away from the pair to complete the Prodigy... an epic left to start.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For those that have enhanced senses, they were on overload. If you were a violence junkie, then you'd have more than your fill. Possible overdose even. For those on the outside of the Crimson Scarf? They were the lucky ones. Those on the inside? If they live to tell the tale? It would be one for the ages, countless movies/books or a one way trip to the padded room. How the inner structure of the Scarf was still standing for the select few that were witnessing the *only one will walk away melee* ... Ahh, that would be a mystery to solve for another day.

The reality strings had been carefully pulled, a snip here, a twist of a strand there. The seeds planted of past labors would now sprout fruit. Misdirection would be the key, while the right hand was pulling the strings, the left hand was dipping into the cosmic cookie jar.

Devantious was nearing *ground zero,* stepping through countless bodies that had the misfortune of not escaping in time, when suddenly he felt a presence behind him. (m) "Wulfsohng, you shouldn't be pulling that crap now, not here. Shits gone all to hell, and it's just up the stairs ..."

A hand would rest on Devantious' left shoulder, which was meant to calm the highly agitated state of his former pupil ... "I had no choice in the matter of being here it seems Devantious, though I am quite relieved to see you here. Is there a small ray of hope that your two other siblings are about as well?"

Jere's last comment would have Devantious heading turning so fast, one would have thought his head was on a swivel. "You did say *two* right? Thank the fates!!! Something's made everyone ... Forget Argus. Like he never existed. Tried getting a hold of you and Arion, but nothing. Feared the worst. Getting a serious vibe that whatever is going on up there is connected to it."

"Mmmmm. Indeed. I do remember Argus, so I guess that would make me one of the unlucky ones. I was attacked earlier, and in my attempt to escape to Rhdyin's Realm, something went terribly wrong, and I ended here, and not in the very best of shape. I also sensed the out pouring of primal/raw energy. I have never sensed something so ... unchecked. Whatever is doing this has also affected my realm abilities as well, for I wasn't sure I had sensed your presence at first, and it took me longer than I wanted to locate you."

Devantious took all this in, that grim expression remaining on his face, his head turning once more to those steps that led up to the heart of the battle. He had just taken one step towards the stairs before the entire structure offered a violent shudder. "Dammit. I'm not liking this, Wulfsohng. My backup is outside, and there's no way they're getting up here in time, not that I'd let them. Damn, we could use Patch right about now."

Jere would once again nod in agreement, following his former student up the stairs with great caution in his steps. "We can only hope that whatever is behind these recent events have not reached Rhydin, though my failed attempt causes me great concern. For now we must see what role is being prepared for us at the top of these stairs. "

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Styxx would stiffen slightly from his perch, something ... No, more like someONE catching his notice.

"A moment my brother. I shall return."

The gargoyle would phase out from the material plane, only to reappear scant seconds later, at the prone/impaled figure of Mera. "Even in death your beauty is surpassed by no other. This tainted place is not for you, we shall see to that." Sounds of injured/torn flesh being pulled free from metal shards were faint/dull, the limp body was cradled with great care inside those monster arms, then both fading from the material plane once again, just as a stone column collapsed where they were prior moments ago.

StyLz watched the scene unfold with a bit of amusement in those features of his, before glancing back down at the two women that had long since shredded their human forms, barring all for the world ... No. Country? Nope. State!!! Nah. City? Getting warmer. Town? Not quite. To Hell with it then. Those still inside the building!! B-I-N-G-O!!!!!! If there were still any electricity inside the Scarf, those surveillance cameras were getting something best save for Cinemax.

His eyes would suddenly narrow once again, due to the presence of someone else. Smoke would pour from the nostrils when he snorted, an expression of total disdain was quite evident on the gargoyle's face. One that would be mirrored by the returning Styxx as well. A warning of sorts. Meant for another's eyes only, and that message would be given to the one with him.

Stonze would stop in mid stride, his misshapen arm blocking the intended path that Pheus would take. He appeared to be in conversation with something, the results of him either shaking or nodding his head, before those massive shoulders slumped ever so slightly, a moment of sadness flashed in those soulless eyes. "They will not guarantee your safety here in the material plane, Pheus. You have been accused of a great betrayal. Nor will they allow Prodigy to be formed from this point on, for I will not side with them, and continue to be by your side."

The building would shudder/shake once again as the combatants attacked the other once again. Stonze would glance up at nothing in particular, before glancing back down at Pheus. "The Crimson Scarf cries out to me, Pheus. She is badly hurt, and cannot withstand much more. Those that inflict this damage to her either are unaware, or do not care. She tells me that there are others inside that will offer possible aid, and she will show us the safest route to them."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Betrayed? How were they betrayed? I have not done anything more then I have always done since I have existed. There has been no change in my manners or my obligations to our existence since I first found my life was my own."

Storm clouds brewed with shock within the depths of her smoke quartz eyes to mask the pain and confusion she felt. A shake of head as fingers curled into tiny fists. This was not right... someone was plotting to set the blame on her.

Soul weary eyes rested on Stonze then, swallowing the sigh or perhaps the scream of anguish that she only but wished to release.

"It puts my soul as much as my mind, and even more so my heart at rest to know you still have faith in me, and will stand by me. Thank you."

The final words faded to a fragile whisper as she stretched briefly, taking in the scenery... it was up to her and those that stood on her side now to keep her sustained in the environment that was reality.

"Let us go then to the ones that will save this place..."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

peta wilson p4

A snarl of unknown fury bared the fangs of the panther as a vicious snap of coyote teeth went at the shoulder of the panther. Digging in a deep gash the Coyote but bared a small smile in the grin of triumph knowing all to well that the poison would sink into the blood of the panther. It was then with that attack that the Panther staggered and the Coyote barked brief victory.

Then there that sound. A sickening snap and forging of muscles and bone into another creation of woman instead of canine as buckskin pelt became buckskin mane instead. The loose hair all but blanketed her body now.

"Any bloody day you want to come and join in the fun be my guest."

A snap of teeth, easing through an irritated snort as her own hand was settled to her shoulder to set the bone back into place.

"Now... change back bitch and call off your phermones before I set your precious little torture chamber on fire."

Tired, so bloody tired. Briar was becoming too old for this all. Even the fight did not light the usually spark. The possible reason might have been the lack of mate to share in the joy of the fight that was a win. Grimacing the Trickster could only spat blood at the transforming form of the Bayou Born Taboo, the jagged edge of her Thorne blade resting at the shifting throat of the woman.

What they needed right now was someone to dampen the powers of Taboo. Gods know the smell of phermones were near gagging Briar.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Payton hated this. Really. The only person that could give him a heads up of what was going on inside was Devantious, who he lost contact with minutes after getting his last message. Whatever was going on in there also affected any type of surveillance equipment, no matter how high tech it was. The most he could do at the moment was assist the local police and other Federal agents in keeping the reporters at bay, while maintaining that radius perimeter around the Crimson Scarf. No one was getting in or for that matter out without their knowing.

The lucky? Few that managed to escape were offering ridiculous stories of extreme violence and gore. If there were any truth, the blood alcohol levels in their bloodstream took care of that. But still, nearly all their stories were the same, from the electrical overload, to things flying about in the upper levels of the Scarf. Whatever the cause of it all, resided up there.

"Keep those nosey ass reports at bay, they get too close, show them the inside of a police cruiser. We have man inside, and I hope the lack of rumbling and shaking going on means he's discovered the reason ..."

"... Behind this. Damn it to Hell and back, what the fuck is going on? " Devantious would muttered under his breath. The building continued to shake and crumble, increasing the odds of it collapsing from the unseen destructive causes. The two former Walkers made their way to the top of the stairs, Jere remaining focused as ever, while Devantious seemed more distracted by the countless bodies scattered about. The double doors that allowed entrance were damaged beyond repair, allowing both to view the tail end of the battle, as well the aftermath, as primal beasts would soon revert back to their mortal forms, much to the shock of one Devantious Steele. That enhanced eyesight was just enough for him to make out the two combatants through the dense haze of smoke and dust.

"Sonofabitch, that's Briar, Wulfsohng!!! And it looks like her playmate is ... The owner of the Crimson Scarf? I thought this sort of cosmic shit was waaaay behind me, man."

" Any bloody day you want to come and join in the fun be my guest."

"Shall we assume that message was meant for us, Devantious? She always did have excellent hearing, if memory serves correctly." Jere would step out from where the shadows offered some cover, any weapons that were present had been replaced back inside their perspective holders/pockets. For now. "Yeah, yeah, yadda yadda, Wulfsohng. This little reunion doesn't bode well for any of us, you know. Damn phone won't even connect .... "

Jere knew this form of rambling was Devantious' way of dealing with situations like these, while he himself, took a more ... Direct approach. Side stepping the random electrical sparks that flew at them from exposed wiring, the still burning fires, and the very much unstable section of the club itself, he made his way towards the pair, with a more curious expression, than one of caution. Sliding the jacket from his shoulders, it would be offered to the woman, as Devantious continued to look at her then back to Taboo. Then her, and back to Taboo once again.

(m) "Probably some lover's quarrel."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast