Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

TohmazSteele

The message sent was very cryptic to say in the least. Instincts were telling me that it was legit, so I took advantage of all that unused vacation time I had built up and took a little break. My sleek black hummer was topped off with gas, and a duffle bag filled with the bare essentials. My destination? New Rhydin, or rather a certain part of it that's called ...

Wait for it, wait for it ....

- Dramatic pause -

The Red Light District, or the RLD.

It's latest claim to fame was some new uber club called the Crimson Tryst, that was replacing the Crimson Scarf. Never had a chance to check out the Scarf, but from what I've heard, it was the in place to be once the sun set down, with that whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas type of vibe.

I knew the woman that was responsible for the whole revival of the RLD, the same woman that had sent me the invite.

Gayle McKlure.

There went my trademark smirk, recalling the LAST time she gave me a call ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

-Flashback Sequence, two years ago ... -

After three straight days and nights of pouring rain, that nagging pressure between my eyes meant one thing. More rain. Joy. It wouldn't bother me any other time except now when I'm trying to do some fucking research. I've already set the personal record on popping more asprin than your typical human/mortal are allowed, but I'm one of those anal sort that HAS to get this shit done.
    Flavor of the day? Wolf sightings. Large wolves. Human size wolves. Lore calls them Werewolves. Whenever I get a case like this, my best reference material are of the book, DVD variety. Hey, it works for me. American Werewolf In London was playing on the 61 inch HDTV, the entire Howling series was next in line. See, I have this theory that aliens, demons, devils ... -I'll take things that are not human for $500.00, Alex.-
    They have been around us for as long as we have been around. case in point?

Nursery Rhymes. No, not the little kiddie ones we grew up with, I'm talking about the ones told/created by the Brothers Grimm. You don't know what I'm talking about? Goggle the damn thing up!! Bottom line, the wolf talked to her!! The wolf talked!! But it's just a fairy tale!!! Nursery rhyme ... FAIRY tales, wouldn't that mean they were told by fairies?? But *THAT* is another subject, for another time.

Werewolves .... That's when this gets a little tricky, because werewolves are broken down into classes!!! Some werewolf lore in France is based on documented events. The Beast of G?vaudan was a creature that terrorized the general area of the former province of G?vaudan in south-central France (it is now called Loz?re). From the years 1764 to 1767, an unknown (perhaps human) entity killed upwards of 80 men, women and children. The creature was described as a giant wolf by the sole survivor of the attacks, which ceased after several wolves were killed in the area. A film called Brotherhood of the Wolf (2001) presented a highly fictionalized account of this story.

According to The Book of Werewolves by Sabine Baring-Gould, a Russian spell to transform into a werewolf (called "oboroten' " in the text) is as follows:

He who desires to become an oboroten', let him seek in the forest a hewn-down tree; let him stab it with a small copper knife, and walk round the tree, repeating the following incantation:

**On the sea, on the ocean, on the island, on Bujan, On the empty pasture gleams the moon, on an ashstock lying In a green wood, in a gloomy vale. Towards the stock wandereth a shaggy wolf,
    Horned cattle seeking for his sharp white fangs;
    But the wolf enters not the forest, But the wolf dives not into the shadowy vale, Moon, moon, gold-horned moon, Check the flight of bullets, blunt the hunters' knives, Break the shepherds' cudgels,
    Cast wild fear upon all cattle, On men, all creeping things, That they may not catch the grey wolf, That they may not rend his warm skin!
    My word is binding, more binding than sleep, More binding than the promise of a hero!**

Then he springs thrice over the tree and runs into the forest, transformed into a wolf.

Trust me, I've only scratched the surface of this particular topic, but I don't want to bore you any more than what I already have ....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red Light District ...

It's where the freaks come out at night, making Amsterdam look like Disneyland. Despite the unusual cast of characters that parade themselves around there, things were *normally* low key. One of those whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas type vibes. Well, something really *bad* had to have happened for them to call us down there.
    I felt like part of one of those CSI spin offs.

It was about noon, so the streets were empty, save for the usual businesses that still ran during the day. The meeting place was at the RDL Courthouse. And Hell if I couldn't get that 80's tune by Duran Duran, *Hungry like a wolf.* (Mental note not to be humming/whistling that, while on duty).

"The coroner is out for lunch, we can speak here, until she returns. Here's the police report." I shoot her a *I can read, thank you very much* look. She gets the hint. Let me know if you ... Have any questions, Tohmaz. " The owner of that annoying voice would be Gayle McKlure, Mayor of the RDL, and a grade -A- bitch in her spare time. But it's that same attitude that helped her shape the RDL into the pleasure giving juggernaut it is today.

"I'm on duty frail, it's Agent Steele. Now that I think about it, if I wasn't on duty, it would still be Agent Steele, Mayor."

-Sighs- "You're not going to make this easy are you? I was hoping we could be civil at least ..."

"I am civil. I came didn't I?" (Can you tell there's a little *BAD* history between us?) By the looks of this report, you have a bona fide serial killer on your hands, with a strong wolf fetish. This makes the third woman as in many weeks, huh? This gets out, that's gonna hurt your tourism a bit."

"I'm not that cold hearted to look the other way when someone is out there killing people."

"..................................."

"I'm not!!!!!"

"I didn't say anything!!"

Damn she still looks good though, body tone like a Olympic volleyball player, with the tan to match. Legs that go all the way up and make an ass of themselves. Tailor made suits, with five inch heels .... Wait, what was I talking about again? Shit, Gayle's giving me that *smile.*

"Ah, there's Lindsay now. Right on time."

And I breathed a serious sigh of relief. (m) "Thank you Lord!!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

-Insert sounds of a grown man throwing up ... Once ... Twice ... Several times.-

"Are you well enough to continue this, Agent Steele? I could just make a copy of the report just as easily, saving you what's left of your breakfast that you have not thrown back up yet."

Oy vey. A coroner with some biting wit. The Mayor wasn't saying anything, but I knew she was eating this up. Bitch. For the record, it wasn't the sight of the body that got the gag reflex into overdrive, it was the smell. Combination of chemicals and preserved torn flesh. Luckily, I had some freshly brewed coffee ready to wash away that after taste. "I'm good Lindsay. You are saying that the cause of death was what again??"

"As crazy as it may sound? The victim was sexually assaulted ... With parts of her body consumed ... At the same time. Look here under her nails. Nothing. No signs of any struggle ... Severe blood loss trauma from the results of the severity of the wounds."

(m) "Sort adds a nasty spin to fuck what you eat, not eat what you fuck .... -COUGHCOUGH!!!!- Um, that your handy work, or does it look like she's ... well ..."

Lindsay would look up at me in between eating her sandwich (An amazing thing in itself, that they can eat like that all the time with dead bodies all around!! Me? I'd be a Vegan for life!!!) nodding her head ... "Mmmph. Yeah, she's smiling. No trace of drugs in her system, so sans the Ecstasy theory. Possibly she knew her killer? Likely."

"Okay. This is cut and dry. What do you have on the killer then? Saliva traces? Semen traces? Hair? Prints?"

"Whoa. Slow down there cowboy. None. Nada. Nil. Not a single trace of anything."

That single sentence explained why Gayle wanted me there. Who else would be insane enough to believe her? Our society as a whole look for the sensible explanation, the one the takes care of the who/what/where/why/how, all nice and tide, and tied with a pretty little bow. "What's the media's spin on this, McKlure?"

"Still random killings at this point. Not going into great detail about how the bodies were killed, meaning that lack of evidence where the killer(s) are concerned. Even in RLD has its fair share of violence, like any other major city ... Until recently. The local police would laugh me out of the state, if I came to them with these findings. That's why I called you personally, Toh ...Agent Steele. You have a much more ... Open mind set to this sort of occurrence."

Damn ... She played the logic card. Waving to the coroner to pull the sheet back over the girl, I held up the folder containing all the information on all the killings. "I'm going to need to look over these myself, preferably in a place that is more ventilated with the freshest of air."

"Those are yours to keep as long as you need them. I trust you won't allow those to fall into the wrong hands. Thanks a million, Lindsay. I'll talk to you tomorrow. If that's all Agent Steele, I'll walk you to your vehicle."

The walk back outside the courthouse was a quiet one, save for the clicking of high heels, and the occasional flipping of file pages. Amazing how empty hallways can amplify those subtle noises ... "Tohmaz. Thanks for coming out here. I know this isn't your sector, but you were my last option."

I would have just kept walking with a nod of my head, ignoring her, until she stepped in front of me, placing a hand on my chest. "Buy you a drink? There's a bar just down the street that plays the best Terran Jazz, this side of the region."

Oh, no. She wasn't going to get away with playing all nice this time. It was all about business. A favor for a former friend. An associate. I wasn't biting. Nope. "Just one drink, frail. Don't think you're getting off the hook with me *THAT* easily ...."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Several hours later ....

"Shit woman, I think you about broke my jaw." Spoke with a smirk on the face, while toweling myself off. Oh yeah, it was going to be sore for at least a day or two, but I guess that would be considered a good soreness. I feel her come up behind me, her skin still heated from the shower, those 34 b cup twins pressing up against me. Yeah I know, I said only one drink. Yeah I also said I wasn't falling for her ploy ... We all have our own vices that we can't seem to shake when that temptation becomes too strong to resist.

Gayle McKlure is mine.

She's purring now ... Knowing full damn well, that drives me crazy. Rubbing her nipples against my back until they are standing at full attention. "Mmmmm, c'mon Steele. You knew we were going to shag the moment you saw me at the courthouse. That's how we roll. No pun meant. The perfect hate-love relationship. And I reaaaaaally needed this, baby. Damn stress just gets me all tight, and you know exactly where my fav spots are .... Mmmmmm."

"And if my memory serves me right, that moon phase means you're in heat."

I turn around to face her, my backside resting against the bathroom sink, and me at half mast. Impressive feat in itself considering she made me cum three times already. And yes, even men can have multiple orgasms. Those amber eyes of hers were burning a hole right through me ... "So, I'm going to take an educated guess. You know who's killing those girls, don't you? They're close to finding you aren't they?"

"Her eyes went feral green for about a second or two, telling me all I needed to know. She would not have called me here just because of some possible random serial killer. Not with our history, and the way things ended between us. It went way deeper than that. I know her secret.

"It's only one ... So far. I'm guessing a scout, trying to draw me out. Thank you for covering for me back at the coroner. The scout used his victim's flesh to mask his scent, sort of like a time release. Something only I would be able to smell. No more running. No more innocents dying because of me. I've spent the last three years of my life establishing a new start here, and I'm not ready to give this up and go on the run again. You were my only hope, Obi-Wan Kenobi."

"I wasn't covering for you, Gayle. That stench really made me hurl." Short version, if you have not caught on by now? The killings were more like an offering, sort of a mating ritual. Leaving traces of themselves as on offering for the female that would be in heat, to draw them out. Me tossing my cookies, countered what that scout was doing, luckily for her, he didn't go full bore with it. This wasn't a mating call, so he was keeping his presence secret, hoping that her latent instincts would kick in, easily leading her to him.

If anyone has even been inside the Mayor's home, they would be impressed with all the various types of flowers she had inside her abode. They release a certain scent that help her control herself, as well masking her own scent, when ... She couldn't. Or wouldn't.

Like tonight.

"I wasn't sure you'd come, let alone answer/return my calls, Tohmaz." Her hands were sliding down my waist, while pressing up against me. "I never meant to ..."

"Yeah you did, Gayle. No more bullshit. No more lies. You knew exactly what you were doing." She lowered her head .... Not in shame, but because she had something else on her mind ....

And in her hands ....

Yeah, a real hate-love relationship.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not going to lie. I felt good. Real good. It had been some time since I was able to just ... Let go. I mean REALLY let go. It comes into question when after the second ... Third time, you're up and ready to go again. Some women liked it, others wondered what I was on. The sun wasn't in full effect just yet, so that told me it was early morning still, along with glancing at the clock over on the night stand. I did the standard yawn/stretch before propping myself onto my elbows, just as Gayle walked into the bedroom, wearing a red silk robe that reached mid thigh, and showcasing her body quite well.

Her hair was pulled up into a loose bun, with those trademark strands falling across the front of her face. She was on the phone, with a the look of mild annoyance, combined with the biting sarcasm in her tone, told me that her day was starting off just peachy. A half smile, with a roll of the eyes towards whoever she was talking to, a blown kiss sent in my direction, sounds of bare feet on marble floor as she stopped/stood in front of her wardrobe selection section of her bedroom. Women do *NOT* have closets. Those are way too small. We men have closets!!

"I will be there by 8:00 am, and the proposal better be on my desk no later than 8:02. That gives you a 120 second window, which offers to the cliche' make every second count." A press of the button, a flick of the wrist, and the conversation was over. Not too many survive a second encounter once she's entered the Ice Princess mode. "A little incentive to keep one's job always sharpens the dull blade of those you employ." Spoken with a wicked little grin while glancing over her shoulder, before returning to the mundane task of figuring out just what to wear. I personally was enjoying the floor show, the shifting from one hip to the other, that stance which had her legs shoulder width apart .... My trademark grin was there.

Know how we guys get when we see a stripper (or any hot looking frail) taking it off? Well, after watching Gayle get dressed, I was almost yelling put it on baby, PUT IT ON!!! By the numbers? Black lace thong with matching bra. Black sheer stockings with matching garters. Black silk shirt that buttoned all the way up to her neck that just enhanced what god gave her, a black skirt that was seriously snug on the ass, coming up to mid thigh, matching jacket, and five inch ... Black pumps. Did I mention I LOVE the color black!!

With a strut that she perfected all on her own, Gayle sat down on the edge of the bed, her legs crossed at the ankles, and a index finger tracing my ab muscles. "Tohmaz, you could always transfer up here. To the RLD. I can use a bodyguard." Red flag alert!! She was giving that sultry look again, her voice almost coming across like a continuous purr. "Mmmm, baby you know as much as I do, that it would only last for so long. You like to be on top, and so do I."

A twitch of those full lips, as she patted my stomach, before walking to the entrance of the bedroom. "Maybe you'll change your mind before you leave. There's a spare key downstairs. See you downtown later." I hear the click click click of her heels, growing fainter until she was out the door. I feel back onto the bed, slapping my hand against my forehead. Damn, she was the temptress, and I was really considering accepting her offer.

And she knew it.

Shower ... I needed a shower. Make it a long one.

A long COLD one.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

These buggers wouldn't target Gayle in broad daylight, would they? Never take anything for granted, that's my motto, including who was REALLY after her. Having the first of several cups of Columbian brand coffee, as well letting the after effects of an over active libido calm itself down, I took a leisurely stroll through the main streets of the RLD, and found it very surprising that the people there were quite engaging.

Well, I did sort of FORGET to mention the part of who I was, and WHY I was there, but hey, those things happen. These recent serial type killings were the talk of the town, so it wasn't too hard to stumble into a conversation that wasn't leading into that particular topic. Granted I'd chime in being the one just passing through, but more often than not, I'd just hang back and play the silent observer. Learn more that way.

I also knew enough about Gayle's origins to know that this just didn't click right with me. Yeah there were some back home that didn't accept her leaving on a more permanent basis to pursue the bigger picture for the whole clan, you had those that were sticklers for the old ways. But to send someone after her, let alone kill innocents to draw her out? A little extreme to me. Especially since I had ... First hand experience with that sort of thing.

No, don't worry, no more flashbacks. Not right now anyway.

By the numbers. Gayle gave me free access to go where I needed to, with a subtle suggestion not to draw too much undue attention to myself. Psh!! Native girl was trying to tell me how to roll!!! Not that I'll admit she had a point, but I did do most of my hands on investigation from the comforts of a computer, trying to see if the girls killed had any sort of connection.

-(Cell phone rings)-

"Steele here. No shit Sherlock, tough titty said the kitty, but the milk's still good. Really now? I figured they were going to give up on the whole Ghost Busters thing. Yeah, tell em I'll swing by there once I'm done here. Hmmm? Down at the RLD, helping out an old friend. What? Stacy Hanson's going to be the Head shrink down there? Get the fuck out!! The frail was just a college cheerleader three months ago!! My bad ... HEAD cheerleader. I guess the Center has their eye candy then, huh? Look, let me get back with you later, okay? Later."

The detailed paperwork on the killings had been emailed to me, along with the women's background checks, going as far back as I needed them to. They eventually told me what I already knew. Random killings. The style was a direct copycat from Gayle's clan .... I just had to convince her of that, or find out why she's so sure that they are after her. It's not like she makes it a habit of NOT telling me things ....

Right.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"I was well ... Shocked to see your name on the caller ID, bubba. I take it, you're calling in one of those markers I owe you? Silly question, but I like to hear myself talk out loud sometimes. So what do you need my ... Talents for?"

That voice would belong to Brehnic Alexander Kohnar the Third. Professional thief, and member of the Rogues Gallery, a collection of the world's best underground talent.

So they claim.

"This ain't about the RG, bugger. I'm looking for your help on a more ... Supernatural level."

That voice would belong to me. Tohmaz A. Steele.

This thing with Gayle was getting me nowhere fast, so I decided to think outside the box. Brehnic owed me a butt load of favors from the past several years, alas another tale for another time. Right now, I needed his knowledge on the present assignment I was working on ...

Gayle had given me the green light to use whatever she had at her disposal, so Brehn and I were doing more cross refs on the girls that were murdered ...

"So this is the infamous RLD. I see why it's more popular when the sun goes down. I hear this sector gives Vegas quite the run for its money. I had my resident hacker do some checking on a more ... global scale. She should be sending us the info if any, right about .... Now. So, what's the deal with you and McKlure? She looks like the type that likes to be on top of things."

Okay, so I had that shit eating smirk plastered all over my grill just then ... "More than you know, Brehn. More than you know. What she find? Anything note worthy?"

Brehnic had quite the perplexed look on his face, before passing me his Blackberry. "I don't speak, nor read geek. All you, pal."

With a snort, I read over what his hacker had sent ... With an arch of my eyebrow. "A Daemon? What the Hell is that?? "