Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Hi, I'm new to the forum and am very impressed with the quality of the story writing. Mr Cage has such a fervent imagination and I look forward to his postings. I have a question for the forum members as I'm wondering where I could acquire a copy of "Amazons Death Struggle Part ? The K.O" on Brand X Publications.
    I have the other 3 in my collection but I was never able to complete it. Any assistance from the forum would be appreciated. Both the story and the drawings were excellent. Always wondered whether any artist would like to illustrate any of Mr Cages work ???? "The Will" perhaps, that would be a hell of a set of drawings :-)
    D

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Those books are very old, published more than a decade ago. I don't believe that Brand X Publications still exists. I had the whole series at one time then I lost Book 2. It is the best one that company produced.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

May 21, 2006 you posted a question in a Hoastboard where I lurk, from time to time, about how many parts there are in the series Amazon's Death Struggle, of which you have three parts.
    I'm sad to say that obtaining a copy now is almost impossible.
    That title is ?a novelette written by Nom D. Guerre and illustrated by Ram?. Nom D. Guerre was the alias for the person who then owned Brand X Publishing, Ltd. Presently, there is a company under the same brand in the USA, but it's line of business is completely apart from editing fiction, and I gather it may belong to someone else. Ram the artist has not been seen - unless someone knows better than I.
    The small novel was divided into four Volumes (not parts), namely
    I ? The Crush
    II ? The Fall
    III ? The Kayo
    IV ? The Finish
    That division was only for marketing purposes, as the four were printed and copyrighted on the same date, January 15, 1979. That was the first, and only, printing of the booklets. That was the first title published by Nom D. Guerre in a small format, which he did again in the eighties with other titles, of which he was printing 1000 + 100 copies each title. Though the number of copies is not indicated for Amazons Death Struggle, I assume it was the same or under that 1000 copies limit, which makes it a rare book to find almost thirty years past.
    So, I'm pleased to say I did a good ?investment? when I bought the four volumes together, with a cover price of US$ 5,00 each (32 pages + covers, 15,5cm x 22,5cm format) ? a huge spending for my purse in 1979.
    I would appreciate to know of the whereabouts of Nom D. Guerre today. I wonder what happened to the unsold copies he may have had when he stopped his business!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Would it be possible for Part 3 to be posted on Hostboard ? Of course I presume Mike JV would have to sanction the posting.
    Being able to read the missing part would be great but would the excellent drawings be able to be posted as well
    Thanx for the information its much appreciated.
    Dave
    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know of the artists mentioned, (LOVE thier stuff) and have heard of that story, so if somebody has the whole thing or finds it, they can post it here. If there are pics with it they can be posted in my yahoo group, which should in the links.

MikeJV

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just to let you know that I have booklet 1, 3 and 4. I also have the two other series, "Eltown Chronicles - all 5 booklets" and "Sister's Battles (?something like that) - all 3". They are stored in my other place of residence out of town. If there is no copyright issue here, I shall scan and post it. It will take me some time to do it.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 17, 2007 11:36 AM: Message edited by: wildger1 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

This thread is becoming a complete Index for Nom D. Guerre's publications!
    The booklets were 17, code numbered B-1 to B-4 (Amazon's Death Struggle, January 15, 1979), B-5 to B-8 (Mixed Match), B-9 to B-13 (The Elmtown Chronicles, January 15, 1988), B-14 (Spiteful Battling Bitches, all pictorial booklet), B-15 to B-17 (Brutal Sisters Battle, November 1, 1989).
    Many people may not know that B-14 was also Nom D. Guerre's, as the 36 plates by an Anonym artist were published in the UK without a reference to the publisher, and only to the printer, Swish Publications, Ltd. (that no loner exists).
    The large format novelettes were coded X-1 and RX-1 (Hit and Ms., and Babes Brutal Battle, both on boxing); X-2 and RX-2 (Wrestlerettes, and Brutal Wrestlerettes, both on wrestling).
    I think that other titles, once advertised for publication from August to December 1976, were never published: X-3 to X-5 (Middleweights, Wrestlers, and Anything Goes, all three on men's fighting), RX-3 (Brutal Boxing, also men's), and RX-4 and RX-5 (Open Rules, and No Holds Barred, both on brutal female fighting).
    If someone knows better, please tell ;-)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I own some books from Brand X Publishing.
    It is very hard to get stuff. IMO the books will not be printed any longer, what is really very pity. So I think I can share them here with other users, without violating any brand or rights.
    (Sorry, but my English is not so perfect).

Follow that link:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/19417699/Cooking_Mania.rar
    It is a pdf-File with Elmtown Chronicles V "Reunion".

Password is "Guerre"
    I offer more books here, provided that other users do the same.

Regards,

Oliver

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 04, 2007 04:00 PM: Message edited by: Oliver58 ]</font>

Senior Hostboard Member Ted Mark's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Wonderful, thanks. I never thought I'd see it again.

The size and all was just right.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That was wonderfull. I used to own all of them
    but they got lost. I can post some stories that I bought from Ajax years ago, probably some written by Mr.Cage. I'll post them if he doesn't mind.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast