Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

someone on the mailing list asked:

"How can we be certain what these websites are reporting /is /what really happened?"

to which the original poster retorted:

How can you be sure what CNN and Fox News are reporting is what really
    happened??

It seems awfully strange that the exit polls would support Kerry and
    yet
    Bush gets the vote. Either the exit polls are wrong or the election is
    wrong. Either they over represented democrats in the exit polling or
    they did not. But it seems awfully strange that in paper ballot
    precincts the exit polls are similar to the election results but in the
    electronic voting machine precincts there is a vast difference. Like
    all evidence you have to look at it, weigh it, and decide which is more
    likely.
    Why have Bush and the republicans been fighting so hard to stop paper
    trails from existing on electronic voting machines? Why did the CEO of
    Diebold say that he was going to deliver Ohio to Bush?

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0828-08.htm.

If we truly believe in Democracy then we'll all stand together to
    figure
    out if there was any fraud this Nov. 2nd. It is possible that there
    wasn't but until we investigate why there are descrepancies between
    exit
    polls and actual votes in counties that use electronic ballots we won't
    know if there was any fraud. In Ohio there was a precinct, Gahanna
    precinct, which had 600 votes cast. Yet somehow, because of a "glitch"
    Bush ended up with nearly 4000 votes. How could he get 4000 votes when
    only 600 votes were cast?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...tm?POE=NEWISVA

It is very possible that other such errors occurred in Ohio and
    Florida. We must join together in this investigation to ensure that
    Democracy is not trampled on.

http://www.votergate.tv/

http://www.blackboxvoting.org/
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">

just doing my duty of sitting in the corner
    shouting out injusitices while i do little to
    actually change them.

[img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hmmm... and on that note....

i wonder just how many viewers to this thread
    will bother clicking and reading the links posted.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

I did!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i'm just glad that me and the 10 people i know
    aren't the only ones that have the same thoughts
    passed around

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Friday, November 5th, 2004
    17 Reasons Not to Slit Your Wrists...by Michael Moore

Dear Friends,

Ok, it sucks. Really sucks. But before you go and cash it all in, let's, in the words of Monty Python, ?always look on the bright side of life!? There IS some good news from Tuesday's election.

Here are 17 reasons not to slit your wrists:

1. It is against the law for George W. Bush to run for president again.

2. Bush's victory was the NARROWEST win for a sitting president since Woodrow Wilson in 1916.

3. The only age group in which the majority voted for Kerry was young adults (Kerry: 54%, Bush: 44%), proving once again that your parents are always wrong and you should never listen to them.

4. In spite of Bush's win, the majority of Americans still think the country is headed in the wrong direction (56%), think the war wasn't worth fighting (51%), and don?t approve of the job George W. Bush is doing (52%). (Note to foreigners: Don't try to figure this one out. It's an American thing, like Pop Tarts.)

5. The Republicans will not have a filibuster-proof 60-seat majority in the Senate. If the Democrats do their job, Bush won't be able to pack the Supreme Court with right-wing ideologues. Did I say "if the Democrats do their job?" Um, maybe better to scratch this one.

6. Michigan voted for Kerry! So did the entire Northeast, the birthplace of our democracy. So did 6 of the 8 Great Lakes States. And the whole West Coast! Plus Hawaii. Ok, that's a start. We've got most of the fresh water, all of Broadway, and Mt. St. Helens. We can dehydrate them or bury them in lava. And no more show tunes!

7. Once again we are reminded that the buckeye is a nut, and not just any old nut -- a poisonous nut. A great nation was felled by a poisonous nut. May Ohio State pay dearly this Saturday when it faces Michigan.

8. 88% of Bush's support came from white voters. In 50 years, America will no longer have a white majority. Hey, 50 years isn't such a long time! If you're ten years old and reading this, your golden years will be truly golden and you will be well cared for in your old age.

9. Gays, thanks to the ballot measures passed on Tuesday, cannot get married in 11 new states. Thank God. Just think of all those wedding gifts we won't have to buy now.

10. Five more African Americans were elected as members of Congress, including the return of Cynthia McKinney of Georgia. It's always good to have more blacks in there fighting for us and doing the job our candidates can't.

11. The CEO of Coors was defeated for Senate in Colorado. Drink up!

12. Admit it: We like the Bush twins and we don't want them to go away.

13. At the state legislative level, Democrats picked up a net of at least 3 chambers in Tuesday's elections. Of the 98 partisan-controlled state legislative chambers (house/assembly and senate), Democrats went into the 2004 elections in control of 44 chambers, Republicans controlled 53 chambers, and 1 chamber was tied. After Tuesday, Democrats now control 47 chambers, Republicans control 49 chambers, 1 chamber is tied and 1 chamber (Montana House) is still undecided.

14. Bush is now a lame duck president. He will have no greater moment than the one he's having this week. It's all downhill for him from here on out -- and, more significantly, he's just not going to want to do all the hard work that will be expected of him. It'll be like everyone's last month in 12th grade -- you've already made it, so it's party time! Perhaps he'll treat the next four years like a permanent Friday, spending even more time at the ranch or in Kennebunkport. And why shouldn't he? He's already proved his point, avenged his father and kicked our ass.

15. Should Bush decide to show up to work and take this country down a very dark road, it is also just as likely that either of the following two scenarios will happen: a) Now that he doesn't ever need to pander to the Christian conservatives again to get elected, someone may whisper in his ear that he should spend these last four years building "a legacy" so that history will render a kinder verdict on him and thus he will not push for too aggressive a right-wing agenda; or b) He will become so cocky and arrogant -- and thus, reckless -- that he will commit a blunder of such major proportions that even his own party will have to remove him from office.

16. There are nearly 300 million Americans -- 200 million of them of voting age. We only lost by three and a half million! That's not a landslide -- it means we're almost there. Imagine losing by 20 million. If you had 58 yards to go before you reached the goal line and then you barreled down 55 of those yards, would you stop on the three yard line, pick up the ball and go home crying -- especially when you get to start the next down on the three yard line? Of course not! Buck up! Have hope! More sports analogies are coming!!!

17. Finally and most importantly, over 55 million Americans voted for the candidate dubbed "The #1 Liberal in the Senate." That's more than the total number of voters who voted for either Reagan, Bush I, Clinton or Gore. Again, more people voted for Kerry than Reagan. If the media are looking for a trend it should be this -- that so many Americans were, for the first time since Kennedy, willing to vote for an out-and-out liberal. The country has always been filled with evangelicals -- that is not news. What IS news is that so many people have shifted toward a Massachusetts liberal. In fact, that's BIG news. Which means, don't expect the mainstream media, the ones who brought you the Iraq War, to ever report the real truth about November 2, 2004. In fact, it's better that they don't. We'll need the element of surprise in 2008.

Feeling better? I hope so. As my friend Mort wrote me yesterday, "My Romanian grandfather used to say to me, 'Remember, Morton, this is such a wonderful country -- it doesn't even need a president!'"

But it needs us. Rest up, I'll write you again tomorrow.

Yours,

Michael Moore

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They only people more untrust worthy then politicians are member of the media. More then half the country gets to see what the other half was doing before they vote. Of course the exit polls were for Kerry. I don?t put my faith in CNN or anything I see on TV. As far as voting glitches, again we?re dealing with the media. I?d bet my bottom dollar every state in the union has glitches. People are imperfect, the machines people build are imperfect, and the stuff you learn and hear about is imperfect. The media is merely reporting and investigating in states Bush won. Bush got the popular vote by over 4 million votes. If you think 4 million ?glitches? took place, you might need to get your head examined. Besides, if you think Bush was cunning enough to hide that many fake votes from the country, he?d have to be a damn genius, or at least have a lot of really smart people working for him. In which case, he was clearly the better choice to lead the country. He?s got the right people working for him and Kerry apparently chooses his friends poorly. But we know this can all be summed up to another conspiracy theory. Face it, the economy is meaningless if we?re in fear from terrorists. This is why he won. Not because of glitches, cheating, or witchcraft. And if you think fearing terrorists is a dead issue, maybe you should consider the reason terrorists aren?t in the headlines anymore is because Bush is doing his job. Remember, Congress makes the laws. The President?s job is to protect the country. The title ?commander and chief? refers to the armed forces, not to the economy. I did not vote on Tuesday, yes, you heard me right, but I didn?t for good reason. I was for Bush winning, but my friends, my family, even my drug dealer was voting for Kerry. So, I decided not to vote against them, but I refused to join them. I believe anyone in office during 9/11 would have seen the economy turn to shit. I mean, it?s real easy to play ?Monday-morning-quarterback? and say, ?I could have done a better job.? And though we can argue Bush?s overseas policies all you want, one simple fact remains, there hasn?t been any repeats of the twin towers. Plain and simple, Bush is accomplishing his greatest responsibility. The means are not as important as the outcome. I liked some of Kerry?s ideas, but I doubted he could do everything he said. Everyone says a lot of crap while running. I remember Clinton saying he wouldn?t raise taxes. Then he did the largest tax increase in the history of the nation. It?s just another thing we?ll never know. But just as Bush is no one?s savior, neither was Kerry. If you don?t believe in the democracy, and think our elections are rigged, why the hell did you vote? 51% of the nation wanted George, deal with it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

15. Should Bush decide to show up to work and take this country down a very dark road, it is also just as likely that either of the following two scenarios will happen: a) Now that he doesn't ever need to pander to the Christian conservatives again to get elected, someone may whisper in his ear that he should spend these last four years building "a legacy" so that history will render a kinder verdict on him and thus he will not push for too aggressive a right-wing agenda; or b) He will become so cocky and arrogant -- and thus, reckless -- that he will commit a blunder of such major proportions that even his own party will have to remove him from office.
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">This has been the very thing I have been saying for the last few days... I fear the latter... 55 million may have voted against... but even in that alone says they wanted change and they weren't happy..simple but true.. it was a slim win... a win yes, but it was a slim win... take notice of that... it may now be the minority choice, but it should be addressed, recognized and hopefully corrected in the next 4 years... Ok BUSH prove us wrong.... I am ready....

However...no matter.... It's like I said before... we DO just have to deal with the outcome and we will... weather we like it or not..... but because I or anyone has doubts, means we are not entitled to validity in them... I know what I have seen and what I see and what I haven't would probably scare me to death......but still, we who say it outloud are crazy?? just what if we are right?? just what if...slim, but what if... There is truth there reagrdless... Quite frankly I do NOT think either would, are or will ever save this country... Bush I will say has not done everything so wrong, not everything....but he has not done everything so right either...not by a long shot....and to a few of us watching, that stands out...being the 'president' means you have very high standards to stand up to... we as the people expect that to be as 'perfect' as it can be...it's why he is there...he is not entitled to error on our behalf or for the mere fact that he is human, anymore then any other president ever was allowed to, when they royally fucked up.....sorry but that's reality...and we will take note...some of us will anyway... It's how I feel wrong or right... the cool thing is I am entitled to that... I live in a country where I can complain if I want.... I can vote if I want....I can wake up and become whatever I set my mind to and overcome any obstacle I have the determination to overcome...I can become as rich ande successful as I want and go wherever I want and do just about anything I feel the need to do......... I am grateful I am here....I am alive and that I can, do and will enjoy what freedoms I am still allowed for as long as I have them and am capable.... and I think thats some pretty awesome shit....and that's what matters to me....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Resident Guitarist:
    if you think Bush was cunning enough to hide that many fake votes from the country, he?d have to be a damn genius, or at least have a lot of really smart people working for him. In which case, he was clearly the better choice to lead the country.
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">are you trying to say that the person who misleads
    the public and defies the very system we claim
    to exist is the better person to run the country??

this isn't even about bush any more. i'm specifically
    talking about what you said.

so the 'best' person to run the country is the
    most deceptive?????

He?s got the right people working for him and Kerry apparently chooses his friends poorly. But we know this can all be summed up to another conspiracy theory.
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">regardless, consiracy theories exist NOT because
    they happen... but because there are too many
    loopholes to 'hide' in. there are too many places
    to disguise deception. conspiracy theories happen
    because there is no open truth....

Face it, the economy is meaningless if we?re in fear from terrorists.
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">wrong. the economy is always meaningless. secondly,
    the economy THRIVES on fear.... fear of natural
    disaster, fear of man-made disaster, fear of
    the unknown, fear of terrorists....

And if you think fearing terrorists is a dead issue, maybe you should consider the reason terrorists aren?t in the headlines anymore is because Bush is doing his job.
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">hahahhahhahahahahahaaaaaaaa..........!!!!! !!!!!
    can't respond.... laughing too much

Remember, Congress makes the laws. The President?s job is to protect the country. The title ?commander and chief? refers to the armed forces, not to the economy.
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">if you truly believe that the presidents power
    stops at the military... you better return to
    9th grade civics class.

secondly, if you believe the president has no
    influential power over congress, laws, or any
    other matter regarding this country... i feel
    sorry for you

and whats with the economy talk?

I believe anyone in office during 9/11 would have seen the economy turn to shit.
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">this makes no sense. i completely disagree.

And though we can argue Bush?s overseas policies all you want, one simple fact remains, there hasn?t been any repeats of the twin towers. Plain and simple, Bush is accomplishing his greatest responsibility.
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">i suppose if you want to get technical... there
    were no repeats of pearl harbor either... nor
    were there any repeats of nagasaki... or the
    oklahoma city bombing... or of the great biblical
    flood.... but that doesn't mean its because the
    president is doing his job....

The means are not as important as the outcome.
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">ouch. thats horrible to say. of course the means
    are important. its very easy to justify several
    thousand... million deaths in that statement...
    and that alone is just disgusting.

I remember Clinton saying he wouldn?t raise taxes. Then he did the largest tax increase in the history of the nation.
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">wait a minute... earlier you said the president
    has no power over the laws/economy.....

51% of the nation wanted George, deal with it.
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">no.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

there's just too much text to read all that...wait...i'll sum it up...

"none of you like W"....wow...it's almost like i read every word of the post.. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast