Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

click here

If you have a chance to see this, you really SHOULD watch it. I'm telling you, THIS is worth seeing. This is one of the very best ever documentaries I have EVER seen. You gotta see this!

I JUST watched a documentary on HBO called, "Last Letters Home" . It's the last letters sent to family from soldiers serving in Iraq. The documentary goes to some of the homes of family members. The family members read the letters they got. The family members talk about the dreaded, "Knock at the door". This was a great, wonderful documentary. But all bullshit aside, it was TOUGH to watch. I started crying on more than 2 occasions.

Ya want to talk about petty, trivial shit.
    People argue and bicker over meaningless things here in America every single day. Some of these soldiers dying over there and who did die, that are being spoken of in this documentary are YOUNGER than ME! People take so much for granted. We take advantage of what we have right in front of us. Watching this documentary kinda gives you a real wake up call.

The letters were so touching, heartfelt and dear. Some of it was very sad. Especially from some of the mothers. A few of them talk about "getting the knock at the door" and seeing the soldiers in their Class-A uniforms, standing on their doorstep to tell them that their son or daughter has been killed. This documentary is something you will NEVER forget.

LAST LETTERS HOME: VOICES OF AMERICAN TROOPS FROM THE BATTLEFIELDS OF IRAQ

Rated TVPG: ADULT CONTENT
    Running Time: 59 minutes
    Genre: Documentary
    The soldiers' last words. Their families last memories. Our nation's lasting gratitude. This Veteran's Day--November 11--HBO and the New York Times, in association with Life Books, present a poignant tribute to the fallen American soldiers who sacrificed their lives in the war in Iraq: Last Letters Home, read by the families of ten men and women killed in action. Produced and directed by Oscar(R)-and Emmy(R) Award winner Bill Couturie (HBO's Dear America: Letters Home From Vietnam), this documentary is an intimate, deeply moving tribute to American soldiers recently killed during Operation Iraqi Freedom.
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">Showtimes for this documentary:
    click here

If any of you do actually watch this, please come back and give your opinion. I'd like to see what your opinion, take, 2 cents on this is.

<font color="#5b5b5b" size="1">[ November 23, 2004 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Genie_thegiggler ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i wonder if that show is biased
    *scratches chin*

Follows
    Following