Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ahhhhhh but shatzee that gives you a reason to call me dont it [img]wink.gif[/img] not that you need one but ya know.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I could really use a decent salsa recipe myself, my flatmates and me are all used to this standard "get it in a bottle" stuff.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well all right then..I will just post it here!

shatz I guess i needed more notice tee hee..sorry about that..we have a date tommorrow night for sure.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I told Wild that I do sometime's cheat on this. In the cold section of the grocery store they sometimes have cold fresh salsa and I will buy that then dress it up(green onions, lime, garlic and salt) but some places dont have that so we will just pretend they dont and I will do the whole thing.

Tomatos(i use any kind that look are small, roma, grape or those that are called cluster)dice these up pretty fine too.

White onion chopped fine

Green onions diced and add some of the tops too they taste good and make the color of the salsa look good.

any type of hot peppers(i use serrano) and you add these to taste I like it super hot so I add several. You just chop them up fine and yes leave the seeds as they are the hot parts.

Garlic chopped fine(they do have some already chopped in the cold section also)this is add to taste as well.

cilantro chopped fine(i dont care for this personally so I dont use much)

Fresh Lime- cut in half and squeeze over the salsa use both halves more if your making a lot of salsa. But one bowl=one lime usually.

Course ground salt, the kind you see on a pretzel is what I use. it seems to taste better than table salt. use to taste also.

Thats pretty much it. I have taken out the tomatos and made it with watermelon too and talk about something neat..it was kinda sweet and hot..very nice! it's a lot of tasting as you go Im what you call a dump cook as I rarely measure anything i just eyeball and dump it in there. That does make it hard when I tell people how to make something so I apologize if this makes no sense to you..just add.. taste..and add more..let me know if any of you make it and what you think..my family always asks me to make it for every "happening" we have and I cant keep it here at the house for very long!

OH and it keeps in the fridge sealed for about 2 weeks..the longer it sits the hotter it gets!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks for postin the recipe. sounds awesome.
    i'm totally all about roma tomatoes... i don't
    even bother with the 'regular' ones.

no worries with the call, girl... there's always
    tomorrow.

interestingly enough... i DID however manage to
    get a phone call from another hb member....
    which, i guess is alright too. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the 2 hour call [img]tongue.gif[/img] Why is it that we never ever seem to run out of things to say??

Yep I think the roma are pefect in just about anything too. Im craving mexican now! I think I will make aaron take me out before he goes to work tonite.. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Don't forget the homeless guy on the corner he needs love too.. [img]graemlins/dog.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah, the convo was rather pleasing [img]smile.gif[/img]
    (not that this is a surprise)

in fact, i can honestly say that i've been
    rollin' ever since.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Funny you should say that as I keep finding myself busting out in giggles for no apparent reason [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12