Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not going to give my opinion.. I don't really know what to say..
    But that gave me goosebumps.. Good and bad.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Strange...a black kid giving a handout, not asking for one...that is indeed an odd story...

<font color="#000000" size="1">[ October 03, 2003 05:21 PM: Message edited by: ek3 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wanna reply to GGs post?
    don't exploit this board.

GO HERE

thanks all
    (and nothing meant to those who have already posted)

[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

because wes is such a cocksucking zealot,
    i have agreed to open this back up...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know if you have been to my board in the past few days or not, but I wanted to share this with you. You ALWAYS have a great way with words, and I always look forward to your opinion because you do have that gift of having a way with words, so here ya go. I brought this over from my board!

What would you have done? This JUST happened, JUST NOW!
    It's 12:30AM and I'm up watching tv while I am STILL standing up in the living room ironing, when I hear a knock at my door. Startled by the knock this late at night I didn't stop to think. I didn't stop to look out the window first. Instead I say, "Just a minute" and throw on some shorts being I'm in nothing but a shirt and underwear. So I get my shorts on and go unlock the door and open it.
    There is a black teenage kid standing on my doorstep. When I first saw him, I didn't know what to think, I thought I made a mistake by opening the door. I should have went and woke Rich up, but I knew he had to get up very early in the morning. The teenage kid was very polite and said, "I'm sorry to bother you maam, but my father and I just got in a huge fight and I was wondering if I could use your phone to call my mother to come and pick me up". I said "sure". I came back inside and grabbed my cordless phone and took it outside on my steps and stood right there the whole time. He called his mom and then handed me the phone so I could give her directions to my house. I wasn't sure where to tell him to wait, being our neighborhood probably would have called the cops on the poor kid if he just walked around the neighborhood waiting for his mother. So, I told him that he could sit on my steps until his mother came. I go back inside and lock the door and get back to ironing. About 30 minutes go by and once again I hear a knock on my door. I open the door and once again it is this black teenager. His mother is in my driveway and when I opened the door again, he said "I just wanted to thank you again maam. I appreciate it". Then I shut the dor behind me and locked it once again as I heard his mother drive away. I don't know where he came from or how far he walked to get to my house. I did ask him at one point in time where he lived or if he lived around here, and he had said he had been living with his mother and told me where she lived, which is a good twenty minute drive from here. I think now, what was I thinking? I could have been murdered. He could have broke in here when I opened the door and killed me, went into ourbedroom and killed Rich if he had been carryig a gun or a weapon. But somehow I can't help but feel kinda good that I helped somebody out. But I keep wondering, was I crazy?
    What would you have done? Thoughts, opinions, comments, 2 cents? What, someone please tell me what you think. Am I crazy? What else should I have done? I am still a little bit startled right now. I don't know whether to be happy that I helped someone out in their time of need, or to beat myself up over the fact that the worst could have happened.
    Ok, let the comments begin.........
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">
    Well I JUST now had quite a surprise today after last night. I've been going and coming all day from my house. When finealy this afternoon I noticed my gas can that is usually on the side of the house was sitting on my doorstep. It was there last night too when the kid knocked a second time on my door to say thank you again, but I didn't pay too much attention to it last night.
    I was walking in my house today and looked at the gas can again, when I noticed something under it. I moved the gas can and there was a $5 dollar bill. Nobody else but the kid could have left it. I was so touced and so moved, I almost started crying. I told Rich, "why did he do that? He didn't have to pay to use my phone, I was just happy to help". So, I took the 5 dollars and went to the housing area where he said his mother lived, and drove around looking for her car. I was going to give him back the 5 dollars and let him know that he didn't have to pay me to use my phone I was just happy to help, and to let him know, if you get in any trouble again in my area, you can use the phone again. I didn't find her car though and have not seen them again. I drove all over that neighborhood looking for the car though.
    I feel good that I could help, but I feel bad that he left the 5 dollars. I don't think I should have gotten money just for doing a good thing. I wish he would have kept it, because he looks like he could have used that money and looked like he was in greater need for money than I was.
    I was just so in awe that this kid left 5 dollars just for using my phone.
    This whole situation in this day and age is very RARE! Good deeds and kindness and rewards for doing good deeds often go so unnoticed that you don't hear of my kind of stories anymore. You hardly hear of the good things people do to help anyone anymore.
    Maybe someday I will see this kid again and then I will give him the $5 dollars back and give him my message.
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">