Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just thought it might be helpful to everyone involved, but when the links are clicked in the Links bar, the link is brought up in the same menu. I think it would be much easier to make it to where it opens in a new window. this is quite easy to do.

simply at the end of the <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">code:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><pre>
    &lt;a href=&gt;"..... tag,
    put this in it

target="_blank"</pre></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

this of course goes inside of the bracket.

here is an example and the difference for those who don't understand, or if the moderator does not understand

This will open in a new window
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">code:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><pre> &lt;a href="http://www.refdesk.com" target="_blank"&gt; </pre></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

This will open in this window, hit the back button to come back
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">code:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><pre> &lt;a href="http://www.refdesk.com"&gt; </pre></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

*edit, I didn't realize that in the posts, that hostboard automatically changes the html to ubb code. therefore the above link does not work the same way the html does...my apologies, but hoepfully the idea is well expressed

<font color="#ac0000" size="1">[ March 26, 2003 04:57 PM: Message edited by: GravyTrain ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Very technical [img]eek.gif[/img] Thanks for the lesson [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

I guess it all depends on what you like. I like the link to be brought up in the same menu, just as a little change cos all links we post in threads are brought up in a new window.

TastinGoodToo

If you want the links (of any link) to open in a new window, just hold down SHIFT when clicking.

Ya lazy bastard.

<font color="#ac0000" size="1">[ March 26, 2003 06:04 PM: Message edited by: TastinGoodToo ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Listen, I am just looking out for those other posters. I don't like to do more work than what I have to. The way I see it, computers are here to make our lives as easy as possible. If i don't have to hold the shift key, then that makes my life easier. Just a suggestion. I will just use a similar idea on my board, and I won't make my visitors hold down any keys to open in a new window....in fact.....*lightbulb*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just noticed that you edited your post, and you still have a typo...that is funny....

<font color="#ac0000" size="1">[ March 26, 2003 06:14 PM: Message edited by: GravyTrain ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hmmm... well now i'm in a bit of a spot.

you see, gravy, i too like links to open in
    adjacent windows.... but, when i was planning
    this link box, i guess i never really figured
    people would use it... only me.
    so i designed it (lacking the extra code) so
    that when i am done on this forum, i can easily
    jump to another, without the extra window.

hmmmm... but i guess i could figure out something.
    the links like my link, tg's link, and the link
    of the week COULD be in separate windows, since
    they really serve no purpose but cosmetic
    reasons....

will think on it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

TastinGood

if you want it to open in a new window you can do as i said in my above post or you can right mouse click the link and select 'open in new window'.

the current way allows the user to have the option of whether or not to have the link opened in the current window or a new one.

gravytrain's suggestion takes that choice away from the user.

and after all....isnt one of the great things about our country the fact that we are able to choose? why take that freedom away from us?

*clears throat*

I know that I am proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. Why arent you proud to be one, DJ?
    I know that I wont forget the men who died, that gave that right to me. Will you forget, DJ?
    So I gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today. Cuz there aint no doubt, I love this laaaaand. Seems to be some doubt with you, GT.
    God Bless the USA!

42 42 42 42

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hey, that's fine, i don't care either way, i can get around it no matter what the decision is about the damn bar. i could get around by writing some sort of macro to save the source code, change the links in the bar, and then regenerate the page here locally, i could save all of those in my favorites list, that way i don't have to come to the acropolis everytime i want to go to any of those boards. to all those involved. if you want to use my suggestion, you may, if you don't want to use my suggestion, you don't have to. it is simply what i called it, a suggestion.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

did you forego my post entirely? [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That posts made no sense whatsoever, in fact, it repated information already provided, and it contradicted itself. hmm.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast