Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    but my strings are always new, and my equipment in tip top shape [img]wink.gif[/img]
    I may not be the best, and I may not brag....
    but..
    like i've always told anyone who asks...
    "i just play."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

From a professional standpoint, I wouldnt say it was the bands fault for improper usage. I would say the owner of the club should have said..HEY..i have a styrofoam ceiling in here I dont think fire of any kind is safe..but he didnt..If they had a sprinkler system installed.....this wouldnt have happened...i'd almost say no deaths would have been attributed to burning...trampling..smoke inhalation..maybe...but i truly dont think anyone would have been burned to death..i know the state of Rhode Island requires a system in buildings over a certain square footage..here is a case of the place being to small...i would have thought the owner would have been wise enough to not allow any kind of pyrotechnics in such a small area..but thats just me..and im not saying this to promote my job...im saying it because i beleive in what i do..and see the benefits of it..i joke and say i sit on my ass all day and play connect the dots...but then i see something like this on the news..or read about an apartment building burning down..and i think to myself...if only they had been in the know about fire protection..if only they had spent a lil more money to get one installed....these people might not have lost lives...personal momentos and memories of things past..not just clothing and "stuff"..but things you cant get back..gone forever in a puff of smoke..well..anyways..i'll shut up now.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I just read an update..and the band says..they had permission..the owner says they didnt..just thought id note that since i was wanting to put the blame on the owner.. [img]redface.gif[/img]

<font color="#0f2da4" size="1">[ February 23, 2003 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Blazey ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You brought up Ty Longely. I read a local newspaper account of him because he was from the Los Angeles area. Perhaps he loved his music making to the point of not caring about things he should have taken an interest in.

Tard, I admit in my previous post that my sentence just kind of ended, kind of like what happened in the nightclub.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

nothing personal to anyone on this thread...

but i'm already waaaay over this issue.

permission or no, i think sprinkler systems are
    a definite plus...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123