Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, i haven't started a thread here in a while. but i thought this was fun. last night i got a call about midnight from my brother who said he was stuck. turns out, he decided to go mudding in a baseball field and got stuck. he drives a pathfinder with no mud tires, not real smart, especially since it had been raining alot. he was up to his axles in mud. so i came in there and went to pull him out. i have a fairly new tahoe with mudtires and a winch. my winch was not hooked up though b/c of battery prolbems. so i backed in there and was goign to pull him out with some chain, but i got stuck. so then another friend of his had to come pull him out and then i got out and turned around and pulled him out. we had a great time.

TastinGood

Who was the other friend?

Anyone I know?

Probably not.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

when i first saw this thread, i thought it
    was another classic how-to in the "TG BOOK
    OF PROFESSIONAL DRIVING"....

i was shocked and slightly disappointed that it was you, gravy

p.s.-- key word: tahoe

TastinGood

ok look bitch, ive had it with you!

I am the best fuckin driver on this board!

Yes, better than you! MUCH better.

I have TRIED to explain it to you and countless others but you just blow me off because you cant understand my concepts!

GAWD DAMMIT IM MAD.

You even stated the other night that I drive dangerously! I DONT! It just seems that way to other underskilled drivers!

Imagine riding with Dale Earnhardy Jr. down the interstate, he is going to SEEM like a crazy driver when in reality his skills are so great that he is in PERFECT control at all times.

It is very similar to me. It may seem like I dont know wtf I'm doing or that I am driving badly but I am in total control.

Now, the fact that I had a minor accident last friday (Saturday morning) has no bearing on how good of a driver I am since I was technically driving in an unconscious state.

I know this post will be scoffed at because EVERYONE believes that they are a better driver than everyone else. It's just that I truly am.

I would be willing to prove this fact.

TastinGood

Also...

'muddin' [img]redface.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*starts counting fingers*

.... the consistant swerving ....

.... failure to use turning signals ....

.... makes a curb check or two ....

... has to verify placement of vehicle in garage ....

shall i continue???

TastinGood

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#25004f"><font size=2 face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">Originally posted by shatzy:

.... the consistant swerving ....

</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Swerving???? That is just because you do things to distract me while driving! Will I have to start counting those?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#25004f"><font size=2 face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">Originally posted by shatzy:
    [QB
    .... failure to use turning signals ....

[/QB]</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

SO???? Using a turn signal has nothing to do with DRIVING skill. That is just a action done out of courtesy. Drivers like me dont have time to be courteous. Also, you know that I use my turn signal in traffic and stop and go situations. I just dont see the need for it on rural stretches of the interstate where the only one who will witness it will be a cow and maybe an armadillo or two.

.... makes a curb check or two ....

... has to verify placement of vehicle in garage ....

shall i continue???
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

*sigh*

I am a much better driver with you out of the vehicle! I have repeated that over and over!

As far as the verification in the garage, that only happened once and I had been drinking!

Give a drunk guy a break!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Now that TG has gotten to get on his soapbox of what is good driving and what is not. it is my turn. I will agree with TG in everything that he said. I will not say that he is better than I am, and I will not say that I am better than he is. I will however guarantee that we are both better drivers than most any female in the world.

I have been in several wrecks (6 to be exact), I have no problem admitting it, I will also say that I have been responsible for only one of those. The others were either idiots or drivers who were not skilled enough to be on the road.

I think that a good reason that some guys get the rep of being bad drivers is we get bored behind the wheel. In normal driving down the interstate, no traffic, no road kill, we get bored with just going in a straight line. This being one of the reasons some speed, some swerve, some change lanes for the fun of it (without using their blinker) some just down right like to get crazy. Boys look at their vehicles like big toys. We like to have fun with our toys and play with them. We don't get off on fixing our hair and shopping.

I think i have made part of point, and hopefully i will have a change to finish my point. please make any comments you wish, i will shoot down any reason you might have of why some people are worse drivers than others.

TastinGood

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#25004f"><font size=2 face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">Originally posted by GravyTrain:
    I will however guarantee that we are both better drivers than most any female in the world.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have no doubt you will be hearing from shatzy on that one!

I suggest you duck!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast