Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: slooooooooooooooooow

Cyalaytr

Question

Is anyone having issues with HB being intollerably slow in the past week or more?? I ask here because
    A) I would like to have a few cases in point besides myself so Steven just doesn't think im whining
    B) I can rule out it isnt just me or my browsers.
    C) I can rule out my ISP

I have DSL and use to be able to run 5-6 IE windiws at once on HB and have no real issues. Now I am lucky to make a post in 4 mins from 1st point of clicking "reply" to it posting and taking me back to the topic.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HB has been a little twitchy for a little over a week, maybe two. It started one night when HB went totally down for a couple hours, emailed Steven & Shatzy about it (problem on my end or theirs?). Steven didn't seem to know what I was talking about, but it was down for Shatzy also (it was around 3am EST, so few people would have noticed it anyways). Then a few days later there was a short known outage.

Today, there isn't a problem with pages opening, but the speed has dropped to a snails pace! I'll give it a couple hours before asking if there's a problem; they could just be tinkering with some core code today... [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

back when reved emailed me, i, too, had experienced
    the 'twitchiness' (good word) that HB had that day.
    it was rather bumpy and weird... but it was going
    ok so i didn't think much more than that.

there is slowness today... and i have no idea
    why. the earliest i experienced this slowness
    was early this morning at around 4am CST.
    its been almost 12 hours since i first noticed
    it.... so i dunno what it is.

this reminds me of a problem hb2 experienced
    shortly after the switch... and we were slow
    like this for a while.

i know its slow now... but although i have no
    idea why... i know, like reved said, steven
    n' company will fix it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LMFAO!!! what you complaining about.. us poor souls out in the country with 56k modems we dont even notice the difference.. runnin as fast as ever it could [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LMMFAO!!!!!

it wasn't too long ago that i was on 56k....
    and you know, now that you mention it...
    you have a point [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Cyalaytr

Well it is now 6pm almost and hasnt gotten any better. I have had some other errors occure but non that had to do with slowness... well except that it moves so slow that it doesnt look like you replied so you hit the button again and again and again over 40 seconds or so and then it finally reponds with WOW LOOK YOU POSTED 4 TIMES [img]mad.gif[/img]

Anyhow... we wont mention to Hitme that more an more people have DSL or Cable lines... or even do some posting off T1 or higher lines. [img]eek.gif[/img] But either way if you are paying for that extra speed on your end it is nice to see things move fast. I checked some other host boards and they moved along without a hitch and were a lil more graphically intense then here. So... pretty sure they have an issue on the HB servers. Hope they get it fixed soon. I will post a notice on my board that they are "having issues that we hope will soon be resolved" HMMMMMMMMM

THX

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

7pm CST.... things seem to be running better now.

could just be me

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hmmm..8pm..and what usually takes a blink of an eye..took me over a minute to get to reply..let see from reply to post.. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

well..start to finish this whole post took me about 5 minutes total.. [img]tongue.gif[/img] ..i'd say its still pretty slow..wonder why?

<font color="#000000" size="1">[ November 26, 2003 08:07 PM: Message edited by: Blazey ]</font>

Cyalaytr

To give you a raw example of this I am testing from a T1 line on a new 2.8 gig pc maxed with ram and it too from the click ot this topic to see the topic with everyone pic avatar and all the reply and post buttons took 88 secsonds and this topic doesnt have any pix in it to bog it down.

To get to the reply area to leave this comment it took 3 mins and 53 seconds before everything loaded including the Instant Graemlins and HostBoard Markup Lang.

Cyalaytr

Well give Steven a Big [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] In the last hour I am not sure if he did something or if butt load of people got off HB and now it is a LOT better. Now is down to a nice (could be better but I wont bitch anymore) respectable 10 sec between screen changes.

THX

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast