Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OMG, I'm such a chicken with the hugest weak ass stomach. I've got the weakest stomach in the world. But curiosity always gets me every time. I clinked the link and before I reached the pictures put my hand over my eyes and peeked through my fingers to make sure I could handle it first before looking at it fully.

That is so awful. Nothing short of a tragedy. That's just heartbreaking.

TG, make sure when racing or just street riding whatever, ALWAYS wear a helmet. I'm sure Shatzy and everyone of your friends here would hate to see a picture of you like that one day. Which, I'm sure you always do, but ya know how others see pictures like that and warn family and friends anyway, even if they know they take precautions or not.

<font color="#000000" size="1">[ October 23, 2003 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Genie_thegiggler ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

[img]confused.gif[/img]

I couldn't do it.... I can't look.... [img]redface.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oh please....

i clearly remember the day of the fair when we
    were riding through downtown NLR...

and you made a comment about them guys and their
    helmets.... *raises eyebrow*

its not like you don't wear one, tg....
    but you were all over those guys asses about
    wearing their helmets...
    and i know WHY you said it... but still.... 28

TastinGood

yeah, i was on their ass because in my opinion they are the kind of guys that WEAR the helmet when its just them, but when they get around a bunch of other harley guys, they take them off to "look cool".

The thing Harley riders dont understand is that none of those old mofo's "look cool". They all look like goons...it would be like if I rode without a helmet. People would say "What a goon."

But in the above pics, the helmet didnt help very much. I guess when you hit a dump truck it doesnt really matter.

I just now started reading the rest of the thread and find this an interesting post with valid points....

"A few points to make:

1. you are very unlikely to survive a head-on wreck on the highway in a car...

2. with that in mind, who cares if the poor bastards exploded or not? your just as dead

3. there are many more pictures of people killed in cars that look like that

4. you take a risk either way

5. when I ride my sv I am doing something I have dreamed about for years... if I get killed, yes it would suck, but what kind of a life is it to live in fear of death when eventually YOU WILL DIE

6. currently my grandmother is essentially on her death bed... maybe 1 month or 2 to go (at MOST)... over the past few years, doctors and surgeons have put her through so much pain and anguish trying to keep her alive it is pathetic... she has lost all dignity and hope of living a normal life... the 2 people on the bike got the easy way out...

the only problem with getting killed like that is the effect it has on other people or the missed opportunities to enjoy life more. but still, they did not get a bad deal in comparison to all the other people that end up like my grandmother. From what I have seen, dying of old age is not something to look forward to

also I do not mean to sound insensitive, but am simply looking at the reality"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by T.G.:
    I just now started reading the rest of the thread and find this an interesting post with valid points....

"A few points to make:

1. you are very unlikely to survive a head-on wreck on the highway in a car...
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">this is so absolutely fucking stupid, i can't
    believe you posted this

3. there are many more pictures of people killed in cars that look like that
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">this is such a statistical error...
    someone needs to slap the guy who said it

4. you take a risk either way
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">lots of winners posting on that thread

5. when I ride my sv I am doing something I have dreamed about for years... if I get killed, yes it would suck, but what kind of a life is it to live in fear of death when eventually YOU WILL DIE
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">evidently someone hasn't tasted nihilism

6. currently my grandmother is essentially on her death bed... maybe 1 month or 2 to go (at MOST)... over the past few years, doctors and surgeons have put her through so much pain and anguish trying to keep her alive it is pathetic... she has lost all dignity and hope of living a normal life... the 2 people on the bike got the easy way out...

the only problem with getting killed like that is the effect it has on other people or the missed opportunities to enjoy life more. but still, they did not get a bad deal in comparison to all the other people that end up like my grandmother. From what I have seen, dying of old age is not something to look forward to

also I do not mean to sound insensitive, but am simply looking at the reality"
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">what a fucking moron....
    how completely insensitve and selfish to think
    that dying at 20-something because you are a
    fucking moron on a bike is much more preferred
    to dying at 70+.

thats all i have to say... unless SOMEone wants
    to start some shit with me about what i've said

TastinGood

Originally posted by shatzy:
    what a fucking moron....
    how completely insensitve and selfish to think
    that dying at 20-something because you are a
    fucking moron on a bike is much more preferred
    to dying at 70+.
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">I dont think age was what he was stressing with that statement....just with what outlook you live everyday with.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok, einstein.... answer this:

if you are claiming:

that he is expressing value of life by how you
    look at life, whats the significance of mentioning
    either individual??

explain to me how:

From what I have seen, dying of old age is not something to look forward to
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">has NOTHING to do with age... but more about
    how you view your life....

TastinGood

that is in a seperate paragraph and does seem to refute what i was claiming he meant.

i still say that in his other statements that he was trying to get across what i posted above.

with your cited example, however, i think that's an immature way to look at things.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*scoffs*

i could make an analogy to what you've just said,
    but i won't bother. no one cares.

people can deal with life and death how they want.
    makes none to me.

TastinGood

Do NOT click the link if you cant stomach looking at gruesome pictures.

It's a bad street bike accident where the riders were wearing no protective gear and no helmets.

A lot of riders dont wear helmets or anything and after seeing pictures like these I dont see how they could continue not doing so.

Again, dont look if you dont want to see some gore.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">spoiler (click to view):</font><hr size="1"><div class="spoiler" id="WZ9A44"> Link - Scroll down in that thread for the pics </div><hr size="1"></blockquote>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast