Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Does your bike run on solar power, or hydrogen? [img]wink.gif[/img]

I blame any motherfucker impaired by chemical additives for being too stupid to realize the ARE impaired by those chemical additives ('script or street).

TastinGood

an american made high powered sports car is trouble in the making.

corvettes and vipers are death traps. detroit cant make a car handle worth shit compared to the europeans.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i was being rhetorical =|

TastinGood

i think its a valid question.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by TastinGood:

Let's use a different example. Let's say that the guy was driving drunk along the interstate when all of a sudden a person jumps from an overpass into the roadway directly in front of the car. (For the example we'll assume he is uninjured from the initial jump)

Now, just because the drunk guy hits the jumper, does that mean the drunk guy is at fault?
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">Academic, really. The rammed Honda had a right to be on the road. The man jumping from the overpass didn't. So the analogy doesn't really relate since the Honda was where it was SUPPOSED to be while the jumping man WASN'T. The drunk driver of one car plowed into another car. No mitigating circumstances can really account for that (not suggesting that you are attempting to). The drunk driver is at fault, IMHO.

Also, there really is no such thing as a "fast" lane on highways. That is to say, the far left lane isn't there for people to break the speed limit with impunity, drunk or sober, nor is it there as a "passing lane" if "passing" means going faster than the posted speed limit. The idea of a "fast lane" is really a myth propogated by people that like to speed (like me!). The maximum speed limit is the max speed limit, regardless of what lane you are in. Likewise, if someone wants to drive ONLY the speed limit in either the far left lane or the far right lane, then it's just tough cheese for anyone that's behind them and doesn't like it.

My two centavos.... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Our interstates are littered with signs informing slower drivers to move to the right lane.
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">100% true. But the signs are referring to drivers going slower than the posted speed limit, not drivers that are in the way of inconvenienced speeders like you and me. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The law here is that if you impede the flow of traffic in the left hand lane you are able to be fined no matter what speed you (or the other car) are going.
    <font size="4" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">Respectfully, this is simply incorrect. You will never be fined for doing the speed limit in the left lane and if an officer tries to ticket you for doing so, then you'd be a fool to pay it. Can you imagine how easy that would be to win in traffic court? The best the officer could do is show that you were going the exact speed limit and there is zero law against doing that, regardless of which lane you are in. No judge is going to let that stand. It would be a career breaking decision if he did because he could be reported for judicial abuse and misconduct since, clearly, no law had been broken.

Now, you CAN be fined if you are going LESS than the speed limit in the left lane. As I said, the left lane is NOT for speeding, as a lot of people rationalize. In fact, you really aren't even supposed to exceed the speed limit if you are passing around someone but we all do it.

Anyway, as I say, the signs that say "Slower Drivers Keep to the Right" are referring to people going slower than the posted speed limit. Otherwise, DPS would simply post signs that say,"Speeders Keep to the Left" but they don't want to encourage speeding.

TastinGood

no, its correct.

you wont be fined for doing the speed limit. you will be fined for impeding the flow of traffic.

i'll look it up and post it later.

it was a new law passed here in arkansas around 1998 or so.

TastinGood

"A person shall not operate a motor vehicle continuously in the left lane of a multi-lane roadway whenever it impedes the flow of other traffic. ?27-51-301(b)"

I remember specifically when this was passed a few years back that speed was not a factor.

You can CLICK HERE to see the laws in your state

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

if a person in the left lane is going the posted
    speed limit and some slower jackass is in the
    left lane, the slow jackass needs to move.

Cyalaytr

We had a guy here in town racing his girlfriend home late one night.. (sure you heard the story seen the pix but anyhoo) he is flying about 90 mph in a 35 mph headed south. I saturn with a drunk driver (maybe had a few beers before going home) makes a left hand trun in front of the bike and the bike hits the passenger door so haed it put the front tire of the bike to about the steering wheel. It completely turns the car around facing the opposite way. On scene the rider is dead as his head impacted the roof and pretty much well ummmm ok so the driver of the car is still alive... the rush her to the hopistal. When they hook up to the car or maybe after they had gotten the female out of the car they notice a passenger was also in the car but was pretty much in pieces.

Wanna know who got charged and what they got??

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Tempus Sans ITC, Tahoma">spoiler (click to view):</font><hr size="1"><div class="spoiler" id="HOKDRO">The driver of the car got 2 counts man slaughter, DUI, and failure to yield to on coming traffic. So there ya have it .. speed doesnt kill it is bad drivers. </div><hr size="1"></blockquote>

<font color="#000000" size="1">[ November 09, 2003 12:53 AM: Message edited by: Cya ]</font>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast