Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It was awfully nice of the church to pardon Copernicus 300 years after his death and finally agree with Heliocentricity, lol.

Maybe in 300 years time the church will allow the use of contraception when they finally admit that over-population is crippling the planet, lol, or maybe they'll agree that evolution is a force in nature (though i doubt the Bush's would've come to this conclusion by this time)

Evolution is Natures adaptations to change, in the human world its called PR.

DonCione

<font color="#6699ff" size="1">[ September 30, 2003 07:01 PM: Message edited by: DonCione ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

can you read?

that is not what i said at all.

let me break it down for you...

if religion was as satisfying for 'lack of answers'
    as previously stated... we would have no use
    for any type of progress in education/science etc
    because religion would compensate where
    doubt existed (the itch).

the fact that religion 'evolves' shows nothing
    more than an attempt to grasp straws where
    straws are coming in short supply.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by shatzy:

it disgusts me that people are so lazy as to
    settle for santa stories just to end the questioning.
    i certainly don't think ANYONE should discount
    the notion of nihilism to a child...

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Interesting thread. I'm just soooooooooo glad I was not forced to go to church when I was a tot.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

whoa... thanks fer checkin out this lowly board, cg [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

and in response to your post....

lucky you [img]frown.gif[/img]

[img]wink.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Once upon a time, I was a fish. After time I evolved and left the pool. Time passed and I had thoughts of jumping back in, but when I saw how dirty the water was, I realized I could never go back.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

'dirty' is subjective [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by BetaRabbit:
    Once upon a time, I was a fish. After time I evolved and left the pool. Time passed and I had thoughts of jumping back in, but when I saw how dirty the water was, I realized I could never go back.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Can we evolve backwards a little bit? I want more chest hair [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

can we evolve frontwards a bit. I'd like less back hairs. [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the info Alex. [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img]
    Oh yes...nice imagery there...

But hmmm...I agree that religion is a person's safety blanket in that it makes them feel protected by something they feel is solid, unending and all powerful, when in actuality, it only causes the world more problems...

Religion is one of the most controversial topics in the world, and more lives have been lost fighting these pointless battles where one side has no proof against the other as to whose religion is the "true religion". Many don?t agree with me, but I believe religion is totally useless in our world today.

It may have given the human race the encouragement to go on and live life back in the day, but we?ve come a long way from sitting on our asses, staring at the sky and wondering what the stars are.

Science has given us relatively accurate answers as to how the earth was formed and how life originated on this planet. That?s not to say we?re directly related to a microorganism that can be found in a puddle on the sidewalk?but that we?ve evolved over billions of years and branched off into different categories and become what we are from natural selection.

Religion makes me angry because, to me, it?s the most pointless attributes that we cling to from our primitive side, and it is still causing the pointless massacre of lives all over the world. People in undeveloped countries can see this problem for themselves, but it may be difficult for some of us more fortunate people who know the luxury of bathing, eating regularly, and living exceptionaly long lives.

Because woman are not aloud to do with their own bodies as they wish, they are continuously pressed to have children. A woman in Ethiopia who uses birth control against the will of the church is seen as a sinner?but who is the real sinner in this game of ?point the finger??

Because these woman are afraid of the church, they continue to have children unchecked, further causing the starvation of children in their families. They are forced to watch their children die in the filth of poverty because they cannot afford to feed them.

It is believed to be the will of Allah to have as many children as possible, and to prevent life from forming is considered a serious crime, where as allowing young children to starve to death slowly is looked upon as an act of God and accepted.

Because of this radically out of whack religion, poverty continues to flourish and woman are prosecuted for trying to give their children a better life. Religion is general causes suffering...

It is here that we must question religion. Starvation is a direct cause of over population. Over population is a direct cause of not using birth control. Not using birth control is a direct cause of the church. And over all, death is the outcome.

So, who is the real killer? The woman trying to give her children a life of better quality? Or religion, which encourages woman to have child after child after child until it cannot be fed by its parents, which ultimately leads to a prolonged, painful death?

I just realized I rambled ... a lot...
    Sorry peeps!

Satan

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast