Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

the pledge was not designed as some sort of committment to me or my forum. i suppose that it may appear so--being that many of the members of this forum have responded to it.
    so what?

velocet--you are more than correct to say that philosophers are downright enemies of each the other.
    this is unfortunate but true.

i will not delve into another drawn out shpeel about the previous forum blah blah blah.

the pledge is just my way of saying that you are welcome to post here as long as it is respectful in general. i will not have bashing of any sort on this damn forum.

and the name is SHATOUSHKA. you can shorten it if you wish but do not think yourself free enough to call me anything like you have. mmmmmmmmkay? wink

as for that, you are free to post as you will.

------------------
    General Philosophy

[This message has been edited by SHATOUSHKA (edited September 02, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Aye.
    As Nietzsche would have it:

"Why so soft, unresisting and yielding? Why is there so much denial and abnegation in your hearts? So little fate in your glances?
    And if you will not be fates, if you will not be inexorable: how can you- conquer with me?
    For creators are hard. And it must seem bliss to you to press your hand upon millennia as upon wax, bliss to write upon the will of millennia as upon metal- harder than metal, nobler than metal. Only the noblest is perfectly hard.
    --- the Hammer Speaks

I do not pledge alliegance, to any m0d or board or poster, as SHATNHEAD would have those posting here likened to sheep. Because neither in thought nor in deed are philosophers...genuine philosophers, so strictly compliant with things so ephemeral.

This thread, zelazny, is my intro here.
    In bringing myself to your attention, let me just say that while all disciplines have competition within the ranks, philosophers are downright enemies of each the other.

This is not a cooperative concern.

And so, my adversaries, good luck.
    Although, it appears its already turning for the worse. Because I'll do most of my posting in this forum... The Minds I looks like a fantasyland for practitioners of solipsism, and there's a forum deadicated [sic] to a mildly interesting but nonetheless MINOR philosopher...Camus.
    Yay.

Foregoing vitriol aside, I'm one of the nicest fellas on the I-net. Pleased to make your acquaintence.

Rack the Trolls and associates!

velocet

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by velocet:

philosophers are downright enemies of each the other.

This is not a cooperative concern.[end QUOTE]

...it is so interesting to think the way that you do, and i disagree with you about philosophers being enemies with each other. philosophers are after truth and nothing else. one seeks after enemies when one wants to, but that is not the concern of philosophy. if you are after debate whether passionate or not that is another topic altogether. when one seeks to be an enemy of someone who is seeking after truth, that should tell you something!!

best wishes,
    enrique

------------------

Inactive Member christianwarrior4life's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

why must we be enemies? we should all love one another. we could all learn a lot more if we tried to help each other, which is something enemies will not try to do.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by SHATOUSHKA:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>as for that, you are free to post as you will.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But I assume from the fact that my response to this person was deleted, I am not? I cannot quite fathom why that is so. I have never been anything more than direct with my thoughts on this forum. Is that bad? Is it not permissible to post links to this forum?

I don't see that the mere fact that I was/am associated with Genius Forum automatically makes me persona non grata. Apparently, however, it does.

I've done nothing whatever to deserve that status but if it is your intent to ban people on the basis of emotional whim, which is all that I can see unfolding, that's your prerogative.

I am, however, quite saddened by it.

Dan Rowden

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

drowden--

it should make no difference the reason of my deleting of posts in my own forum. as was discussed in the Genius forum (on hostboard), a moderator may delete/edit posts as they see fit without prior permission or latter explination. if you find that i am deleting based on emotional whim, that is your business.

i have no problem with you posting. the original post that you posted contained the link to Genius forum. now, before you get emotional--i will explain this technicality.
    (should you decide to hear me out)
    you are more than welcome to post the link in your signature, if that is what you see fit. however, directly posting a link in the specific post is, in many opinion on hostboard, COULD (i can hear it now) be considered spamming.
    i have no problem with the link in the signature...not in the post.
    as i made mention after the original post of yours, i hardly think that the Genius forum would allow me to post a link back to my forum.
    it would have been fun to see if this theory would work, but i think that it is too late for that.

------------------
    General Philosophy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

~~clap clap clap~~

cwopen

right horrorshow responses O my m0derator and droogs.

milkplus

May I be so bold to suggest that the little bit of Namesmack I threw your way gave at least a grin? Else the winky-smilie?
    Sorry 'bout that, as old habits die hard.
    I'll provide links to boards I'm from, but it looks as though that would be considered spamming.

velocet

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

damn that show was freaky. great pics.

------------------
    General Philosophy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    *LMAO*

i wonder why your thrashing seems so........er......appealing....?

will be expecting that email.

------------------
    General Philosophy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MKFaizi:
    Because you are one sick cunt.

... I thought is was because she knows about the board I'm from, and said "thrashing" is a mention of its humor...

It hardly matters what I write because it is all going to be deleted anyway.

Why? Are you a tard? If you suck and have no game, then you should be run via wit war.
    Anything less would be so not gratifying.
    If you are legit, then maybe the m0ds have some 'splainin to do...

Clockwork Orange was my favorite movie for years. I do not care for it so much now because it has all come true.

I'd like to hear why you think its come true... like so many great dystopia visions, the germs of the prognosticated situation were already in the scene, but remember that Clockwork had a main theme you're not alluding to here.

This is a pathetic excuse for a philosophy discussion forum.

...well now it is, since I arrived!

In case you did not notice, Velocet, Shatoushka is flirting with you.

NO, I didn't notice it. I don't see any other evidence either. Is there something in the archives you might point out to back up your claim?

That is the very cheap way that she holds her membership. She kisses them a lot. You will see.

Smooches!

Faizi
    Glad ta meet ya!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

velocet

------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast