Thread: THIS DOESN'T TASTE GOOD, YOU KNOW...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Some time ago, we unanimously joined to smoke out the faizi-wasp. Well, not quite unanimously; CW decided to distinguish himself.
    Now, we open this forum to a new member, Tastingood, whome we unanimously welcome. Well, once again, not quite unanimously; Gnosis denies Tastingood a chance to be here with us. Likely due to their mutual dislike, Gnosis and CW do not endorse each other's actions; where you find one, you don't find the other.
    I won't comment on this anymore. I hope that Gnosis will make friends with both CW and Tastingood. And "hope" here is equivalent to "strongly advise".

Don't challenge me again Gnosis.

------------------
    Never onlyne

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If a newbie may offer some advice...

I've been a moderator for, like, ages now. And one thing I've learned is that if a discussion board is going to survive, it needs people to disagree. NOT argue... just disagree. Communication comes when people with different perspectives try to explain their perspectives. If everybody agrees, eventually all you get is:

"awesome post"
    "yeah, totally"
    "you hit the nail on the head"
    "I couldn't have said it better"

etc.

My recommendation is that if posters cannot get along, they should FIRST attempt to contact each other one on one, and attempt to work things out. Yeah, maybe person X will never like person Y. Does that mean person X should harrass and hound person Y on the board? Personal differences should stay personal.

Philosophical differences are what make this board so interesting. It makes no sense to try to edge someone off a board like this because you don't like their philosophy.

Again, I hope I'm not offending anybody. It's just that I've seen the same kind of stuff before. And, as you guys seem to be welcoming me and my comments, I want to do what little I can to help things out here.

------------------
    Give me an edit button, and I'll moderate the WORLD!!!

The Neil & Neal Show

That's our eris! Shy, reserved, prone to pounding helpless arachnids... ~ 5Cats

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i agree with eris...but to an extent.

disagreements (especially on philosophical/theological) can offer vast insights into many aspects that you may just overlook. i like them...........

until it goes beyond realistic disagreements. you know the type...typical walls go up, you can practically see them, and a shouting match goes on.

i won't indulge myself in debate with brickwalls. nor should i allow such things to go on here. period.

other than that...........all systems go. wink

------------------
    General Philosophy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

i will never be friends with CW, but i am already friends with tastingood. he knows better than to take me seriously when i make fun of him. i would never be that rude to someone that i didn't know.....unless they were on welfare for no good reason wink

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>i will never be friends with CW<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

people usually say that when referring to someone they like...of course they say that of other personalities as well--but i'd guess you'd have to be a sociopath to have several personalities.... biggrin

(muuuuuuuuah!)

------------------
    General Philosophy