Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My deepest sympathy to all americans. I am sitting here in my office at work, browsing in any news sites available. nobody's working. we all sit and read, call home to learn more about this massive assassination. It is so sad. A threat to the whole free world.

------------------
    Never onlyne

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank-you.

------------------

Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

All this is definately very crazy, and I think we all are very sorry. However I myself feel quite a bit of outrage. I know I was not directly involved, but I still feel pride for my country. Maybe Hitler had the right idea, mearly exterminating the wrong people. *grumbles about how that's not a nice thing to say, but darnit, he's mad*

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

here's my $0.02...

how dare president bush use the word 'hunt' in such a travesty.

i hate him for that word.

*ding*
    *more at 6*

------------------
    General Philosophy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll give him a break on that one. How many words do you think the stupid SOB knows?

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am partly an Islamic. I have many Muslim relatives.

It worries me to see people saying things like Hitler went after the wrong people.

My children are half Pakistani and they have Arabic names. I am concerned how they will be treated by their peers.

I am certain this will be deleted so I should not write more.

Faizi

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why would a call for understanding be deleted, MK? What you're saying is completely right.

We don't know what's going on yet, and people are angry. People in fear and anger wish to inflict the same fear and anger on others.

Before ANYONE calls for the extermination of ANY particular group... remember this. Violence begets violence. Anger begets anger. Fear begets fear.

Fear is failure and the beginning of failure.

Some reports indicate the beginning of a civil war in Afghanistan. Perhaps, if the more sane people there are fighting to oust those responsible, we should just sit back, and wait.

And Hitler's solution was wrong. There is no one group that he should have focused on.

Peace.

------------------
    Give me an edit button, and I'll moderate the WORLD!!!

The Neil & Neal Show

That's our eris! Shy, reserved, prone to pounding helpless arachnids... ~ 5Cats

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes MK, eris is right. it is innocent people who will carry the cross after all. Empathy is not the case now. America is not what it used to be, as it concerns racism - and it is endorses racism less than any other country I know.
    It was a terrible blast. But I believe you kids are safe. God bless the ones who perished (and the ones who will, thanks to our innate vengeant madness).

------------------
    Never onlyne

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have written many things here in the spirit of understanding but those things have been deleted until now.

What I need to say now is something that may cause contention and, if it is deleted, then, you must censor as you must censor.

The people of the United States enjoy thinking of themselves as a good people. In many ways, we are a good people. But we are ignorant. We call the "terrorist act" on the World Trade Center a mass murder. We call the bombing of Iraq during and after the Gulf War an act of justified war. We boast of surgical attacks and of smart bombs. We are ignorant of the exact amount of ordinance dropped on Iraq. We are ignorant of the massive death and destruction that it caused.
    It is all right to kill Arab people. It is all right for Palestinians to be misplaced. We are in the right to destroy as much of the Islamic world as we choose.

But, when there is retaliation, it is called terrorism and mass murder.

Certainly, I have a lot of compassion for the people who died today. For years, I have had the same compassion for the Iraqi people who have died in bombings. But the world did not express an outpouring of grief for dead Arab people, including children, who died in bombings by American forces. Their deaths were justified and acceptable.

I don't grieve for the United States.

I grieve for the world.

As a people, Americans need to become aware of why these acts are being carried out on our soil.

In my mind, there is nothing that can justify the destruction that happened in New York today. If I had had the power to have stopped it, I would have stopped it. I would never participate in such an act of hate.
    But, having lived among Afghan and Pakistani Muslims for years, I know the reasons for the hate.

The terrorism will not end until the west makes some effort to understand the east.

The alternative to understanding is an American orchestrated systematic hunting down and killing of all Asiatic and Arabic Muslims, no matter their politics or opinion.

I do not think this will happen but it is possible, depending on how things escalate.

Rather than lashing out and accusing, some national introspection is in order.

We need to look at ourselves.

Faizi

------------------

Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, not to say this but... warfare is different the terrorist acts. The bombing of Iraq was provoked by Iraqie people. That was years ago. *I realize that changes very little I'm sure, yada yada* However, you cannot call what happened today retaliation for the bombings they brought on themselves years ago. That's like totally ignoring the fact that they started this mess. They threw the first blow, we mearly retaliated as we saw fit. As we will do now. If your gonna look at injustice, let's not forget all the other minorities that have had injustice done to them.
    It sounds to me like just because you are who you are, you are almost making excuses...

All this is besides the point. Fact of the matter is, people murdered people. Why murder you say? Because they knowingly steered planes into buildings they knew would be FULL of people. KNOWINGLY, I believe that that then makes it murder. a MASS murder. *nods* We don't know yet if it was foriegners, many just assume.
    All I know is, those guilty, must be punished.
    And about my Hitler comment, it was in no way meant to be taken as a serious comment. It was mearly something stupid thrown out there...

------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast