Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

btw...I love that dog SHATOUSHKA, is it a metaphorical solidification of your self percieved hierarchical stance in relation to
    the hampster populated board? Or perhapse you just think your fast? I won't test you though, because I live there, and I know that it is verry much like having a hyperactive dog
    in your brain, let me ask you, do you ever feel you cant shut it down? Like it's out of control and like no one can catch it least of all it's owner? If so have you considered perhapse that it knows to where it runs, and that it nows better than it's owner...I dont know if you spend your time worrying about it, but incase you do, relax, a greyhound runs because that is what it was made to do, it is fast because it is in harmony with it's nature, if yournature is like a grey hound be at peace with that, and you will be faster still.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Buckminster Fuller (edited October 12, 2001).]

Inactive Member Buckminster Fuller's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here is truth, If a term word or idea can not stand against it's self and remain unshaken it is falsehood, if it stands it is truth. The clumsley written words of a thousand men can not strip the drivel from a concept as quickly or cleanly as that concept can strip it's self clean or away.

Is thruth truth?

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You seek truth to find answers, for it is only the answers that are true, that solve the problems. Problems are why you seek answers.
    If you live a life with no problems, then you are doomed to that boredom for the rest of your life, for it is the quest for answers that drives life.
    If it is the quest for answers that drives life, then you should seek truth, as that is the only answer that you need.

Plato asked; "What is GOD?"
    Mr. Robin (boldly) answered; "Truth"

If you do not seek truth, then truth will seek you, as it must, and you will not recognise that truth when it finds you, and therefore be doomed to the repetition of your self-deceived outcome, for you will not see the answer as it is written large before you, but you will keep on bumping into it, over and over and over again.
    Have a nice day!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

ummm....
    i am not sure if the above post was for me or not. so i will post anyway.
    i ask 'why find Truth' to recieve (hopefully) a round of answers. not one definitive answer. (despite what i think on the matter)
    i have no doubt that Truth has a definitive answer...or definition.
    definition is the sole purpose of my question.
    now for definition, itself, well...
    that is being taken care of on another thread.

------------------
    ~~share some greased tea with me~~
    General Philosophy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Two men sat across from each other at a table in a 24 hour coffee house, a coffe cup sat between them. The first man said to the second man, what do you see, the second man replied I see a cylinder all of three inches high with brown speckles a resteraunt logo and coffee inside. The first replied thats not what I see, I see a cylinder all of three inches high with brown speckles , and a handle...which one of us is right?

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

can you really call that stuff they serve at denny's...coffee?
    (sorry, i had to say that.)

------------------
    General Philosophy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

of course, on a serious side--assuming you were directing that question to all,

i would have to say that no matter the post, the answer within the post is still no different than the original question.

metaphor(?) aside--
    er, assuming it is more than perception,

surely it must be similar to the question:
    there is 20 mathematicians in a room and a single equation. after hours of deliberation, they have come to an answer to the equation, which one is correct?
    well, obviously ONE could be correct, but then again, NONE could be correct, as well.

er....

i think i should have just sat back and watched the posts developing from your original post, buckminster.
    shame on me for responding (in advance).

------------------
    General Philosophy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Shatouska,

No , your right it cant really be considered coffee, but it's pretty close...spent some time in denny's at two in the morning have you ? wink

Quote:

of course, on a serious side--assuming you were directing that question to all,

i would have to say that no matter the post, the answer within the post is still no different than the original question.

metaphor(?) aside--
    er, assuming it is more than perception,

surely it must be similar to the question:
    there is 20 mathematicians in a room and a single equation. after hours of deliberation, they have come to an answer to the equation, which one is correct?
    well, obviously ONE could be correct, but then again, NONE could be correct, as well.

er....

i think i should have just sat back and watched the posts developing from your original post, buckminster.
    shame on me for responding (in advance).
    end quote.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shame shame! Bad shatouska! smile

I will stop trying to lead the debate.

All answers are correct, since they all exist with in a unified reality, the only real question then becomes are the finite range of potential answers given for a finite range of potential questions applicable to the infinite potential situations in any given instance, and the outcome at that point determines wether or not the answers are "compatable" with the questions. Ultimatly it is easier to pick a random answer out of a hat, and find a question which it is (in a limited sense) compatable with then it is to find a compatable answer for a specific question . Now, this may seem rather haphazard at first glance, but when searching for questions to fit speficific answers in limited fields, it is remarkably efficiant.

what is philosophy? Philosophy is a word.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

(He said: Philosophy is a word. And my mind collapsed, like a mirror broken up in a thousand tiny pieces of glass. Alas, Philosophy, you are so beautiful when people talk about you. Beautiful... though deaf-mute.)

------------------
    Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

......and words have meanings, and meanings have an associated thought, and that leads somewhere, but only in your head.

What Mr. A.K.A. Fuller seems to miss is what most justices in the legal system deal with with respect ot telling an answer, and the expression that is commonly accepted is doing 'justice to the truth' of it......

....if both men see the same thing, agreed upon by there discrition of it, and there expression of expreriance of it, then it is commonly (a state unknown to B.F.)accepted as being a truth of existing reality....A.K.A.----self evident truth, the thing that exists in front of you!

It is one of the oldest of tricks of those who call themselves philosophers, from the practise of the Sophists of the B. C. times, talking in such circles as to make black look white, and white look black. A.K.A. self-confused!

Tan Q, 4 dee time! tongue

P.S. Tell me the differance between 'imagined and imaginary', draw the line for me Fullerene.....

------------------
    Ignorance may be bliss, maybe that's why I'm such a happy guy!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast