Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>......and words have meanings, and meanings have an associated thought, and that leads somewhere, but only in your head.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was my point.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
    What Mr. A.K.A. Fuller seems to miss is what most justices in the legal system deal with with respect ot telling an answer, and the expression that is commonly accepted is doing 'justice to the truth' of it......
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I havent missed anything I am very astute, you must be seeing your own perceptual inability in the reflection of yourself you call me.

....if both men see the same thing, agreed upon by there discrition of it, and there expression of expreriance of it, then it is commonly (a state unknown to B.F.)accepted as being a truth of existing reality....A.K.A.----self evident truth, the thing that exists in front of you!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why is it you insist apon infering that I am unfamiliar with self evident truth? I am not unfamiliar with it, you have mis read me. My intention was to illustrate a scene in a way where it would simultaneously be botha appearant that it was indeed the same object at which both parties looked and that it is not always so simple to be aware of the fact that it is the same object. Take for instance our argument about free will, you say there is no free will, I say there is no free will, I also say there is no absolute not free will, but you are hung up on this because there is no handle on your side of the coffee cup, now would you call that self evident? Personaly I would say it is , I think all truth is self evident, and that perceptions lack of synch with the ordered nature the universe causes limitations in or ability to grasp the self evident nature of all truths.

Self evident truth is not so easy to grasp as you make it out to be not ever instance of self evident truth exists as a physical object visible to both, somtimes the person themself is such a big over grown water buffulo they can see nothing but themself. if you think self appearnt truth is so easly grasped as a solution that no one elses perspective ever need be considered, I would ask you ... why are you here?

It is one of the oldest of tricks of those who call themselves philosophers, from the practise of the Sophists of the B. C. times, talking in such circles as to make black look white, and white look black. A.K.A. self-confused!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

shame shame, now your trying to discredit me, when will your tactics come to an end chachi?
    I will call black white and white black if it suites me to, so for the purpose of upsetting you to the degree which you will argue in favor of the truth for once.

P.S. Tell me the differance between 'imagined and imaginary', draw the line for me Fullerene.....
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is interesting, you are obviously aware I am from another board why did you not just come out and say it? I have changed my login from the norm, to honor shatouska that I might not provide an excuse for members of another board who she does not desire here to return, you are obviously one of those members. Who is imaginary now? I was invited here and informed it wise to chang my login , you sculk around incognito for fear you will be baned, who is trying to lead the perceptions of the board now?

Bliss is Ignorance, perhapse that is why you are so happy?

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wow, i had that sensation ages ago...

------------------
    ~~share some greased tea with me~~
    General Philosophy

Inactive Member Buckminster Fuller's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Say what you will and change your statments to fit the situation at hand But the truth is the truth, and I am not an e-mail bombing Coward like yourself!is this what you do when you cant win and argument?! you are a petty cowardly cur. and I am amazed you have not been banned.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Whence has it come from that I stated that there is 'NO free will', the point I have made is that there is free will, just not the ability to enforce the choice!
    Apparently you miss the obviousness of that!

You apparently find it difficult to tell that it is the same object when both persons give the same description, what that states about you is a self evident truth, so I can rest assured that, as you claim to be so astute, you can figure it out.....but I would like to see the evidence of that, as in explain it to me please, as apparently I have a much simpler mind then you.
    (If you should wish you can selectively quote that one and use it as a contextual deception as to attempt to run me down again, as that seems to be the 'logic' that you employ, right Chachi....what I will address you as from now on, your choice!)

As what is above indicates, you seem to have difficulty with the wholistic nature of the
    nature of communications from myself, hence your penchant for selective quotation and persuiant contextual obfuscation.

Self evident truth is not allways easily grasped, I never said it was, I clearly understand that self-evident truths are not always physical, but didn't you state that you were "Astute" enough? Nevermind, I see nothing in the quotation that you have made of me that infers, or otherwise states, that I thought that you were unfamiliar with it. Try basing your arguements on some facts please, not your perceptions of the words of others.

That you would willingly call black white, and white black simply tells me that you are, as I have noted, deceptive, a willful liar, and althought I completely agree with freedom of speech, inclusive of your complete right to tell lies, I encompass that belief with the associative right for someone like myself (Or anyone else who wants to)to point that out, and my right to demonstrate you for the self decieved person that you actually present here.
    I have no need to discredit you, as you are doing just fine at that all by yourself.

As for my knowledge of Buckminsters work, hence the "Fullerene" comment, you assume that that implies that I know you from somewhere else, when the simple truth of it is that this is the first time in the entirety of my life that I have had any postings on any bulletin boards, I have never owned a computer, still do not, and have never had the time to do this.
    You clearly prove who is actually the assumptive one! Nevermind you have done nothing but dodge the question which begs from you the responce of,"what are you doing here?" as I am here seeking knowledge, attempting to share the little bit of reality that I am aware of, with others who may actually have some interest in things other then the rantings of someone who would abase the conversation to the level of insult only, and solely fro the purpose of attempting ot make themselves look smart.
    I have demonstrated to you that I too can insult you, but it is NOT the level of conversation that I would be wanting to indulge in herein, as that is not the purpose of such forums, at least not to the the obvious limited knowledge of them that I have! Then again, you reveal yourself.....

As for the idea of ignorance being bliss, NOT what I said, but you apparently are familiar with the idea that "bliss is ignorance", I didn't know that,and I only stated that "Ignorance MAY be bliss" (aside from the simple fact that any truly astute person would know that 'bliss' and 'happiness' are NOT the same thing, happiness arises when knowledge limits your exposure to the bliss of complete ignorance......it's called thinking CHACHI) that's why I am simply a "happy" guy!

"The greater the island of knowledge, the broader the shores of wonder, surrounded by the oceans of ignorance"......This is why I am such a happy guy, because I can stand on my little island of knowledge and see the oceans of ignorance that surround it.

In your case Chachi, I would suggest you be cautious, for if you were to place you hand in the water, you might just find a shark ready to bite off your arm. Thats because you cannot even recognise your own ignorance?

Just a happy Guy! Tan Q, for de time.

------------------
    Ignorance may be bliss, maybe that's why I'm such a happy guy!

[This message has been edited by Mr. Robin (edited October 18, 2001).]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234