Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I once heard that in a 5-D world *unfathomable I realize* that time was a tangible object. Sitting and thinking about this, I came to question, if time was a tangible object, then the intangible time must no longer exhist, so is time then frozen? but, well, it wouldn't be because it's tangible, and can be what you want so... has anyone heard of this? or am I alone? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

------------------

Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm speaking in sense of a 5 dimensional world, where time is a tangible object. You can touch, see, feel, bend time. So then, how would they measure days? I'm mearly curiuos to learn more on this topic, and to see if anyone has heard of this... perhaps to enlighten as well as question...

------------------

TastinGood

Time is a wheel in constant motion always
    rolling us along. Tell me, Mr. Lecter, who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone.

I hope you dance.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here is my thoughts on time. You gotta feel the flow, feel it, it's circular. Its like a carousel. You pay the quarter, you get on the horse, and you go up and down and around...in a circular circle with the music, the flow, all good things.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

ok...first, ignore those two above me.

second, i may be an idiot here, but i think i will try to make sense of this question.
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI>first, 5-D is 'unfathomable'.
    <LI>then if we could rationalize tangible time, real time (as we know it) would not exist.
    <LI>time is frozen (i assume you are referring to the tangible time above)

ok...........how can i say this????

time is a man-made creation to measure........well........time (aging, beginnings, etc).
    regardless if there was a tangible time, the superficial measuring of time still is in effect. how would you determine if you could 'bend time' without measuring it?[/list]
    i think the argument makes no sense.

lets play with this senario a bit--we will substitue essential words to see how the senario works.

assume that tomorrow is 5-D and today is 3-D. tomorrow 'god' becomes tangible. today he is not.
    tomorrow we can touch and see and hear god. today he is as vaporous as the air. tomorrow will god no longer be omnipresent?

(i basically agree with thread killa)
    ---------------------------------------------

btw--hannibal, i like your poetry.

------------------
    General Philosophy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

btw, on the 5-dimensions, they're quite fathomable, as long as you use fuzzy thinking (like thinking of a square circle, you cannot 'see' it before you, but you can think of it as an abstract thing)

The whole idea of a 'tangible' time is because people compare time with a dimension, as space, but even if you were able to travel into a higher spatial dimension, it wouldn't be time, because it is a spatial dimension,and not the one of time, in which you cannot go because it is no space :P

------------------
    Sure the universe is a great place, but if it wasn't here, no-one would miss it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Even if you were to travel back in time it would still move forward. The past is simply that which has happened and the future is that which has yet to happen. In order for this not to be the case not only must things stop happening but things must never have happened, and therefore there's nothing to stop... I'm getting dangerously close to babbling now.

------------------

Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I GET IT!! *nods happily, now able to mount a rather intelligent sounding argument against his friends and their arguments about time and dimensions* you guys rock!
    *nods again*
    I like this board!
    btw, thank you *blush*
    anyone on here have ICQ, AOL, or MSN?

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No dear Zela, you cannot think of a square circle as an abstract thing. Sorry to say, but it is true. You can't think of anything without having a representation of it in your brain.
    Does this sound frustrating? eek

------------------
    Never onlyne

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

very, so .. working with your opinion, who ever got the idea of that extra dimension? :P

------------------
    Sure the universe is a great place, but if it wasn't here, no-one would miss it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast