Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
    why were they allowed in the country in the first place?
    why didnt the fbi keep and eye on them?
    there have been reports that some of them even went to u.s. military run flight schools, how could they miss that? doesnt the government pay attention to the names of
    people that it is training?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

manpower? too much trust in humans in general?
    These guys lived in the us for about 4 years. Fully integrated, kids, wife, neighbours, car and a house in suburbia.
    why watch those if you have other crimes to solve?

------------------
    Sure the universe is a great place, but if it wasn't here, no-one would miss it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'll bring the rotten fruit wink

------------------
    Sure the universe is a great place, but if it wasn't here, no-one would miss it.

[This message has been edited by zelazny (edited September 17, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

so THATS whats been hidin' under your bed...

i know you talked about a funny smell...

------------------
    General Philosophy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

it is against islamic* faith to kill innocents.
    it is also against islamic faith to betray your guest.

funny...

guess taht shows which is more important in morality.

---------------------------------------------

*any?

------------------
    General Philosophy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hmm, now THIS is interesting
    apparently someone has been speculating on the european markets just before the crash.
    apparently using a technique called "going short".
    It works as following.
    It allows you to make high profits when there are spectacular drops by 'loaning' shares from someone. Then selling them on to someone else. As soon as the shareds plummet, they buy them back and return them to the owner.
    On both the dutch and the german stock market there has been a huge huse of these around the crash
    (like a tenfold of the amount of stocks in klm, the dutch airtravel company)

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

i am not sure how to apply this information.

------------------
    General Philosophy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

neither am i
    but i get the strange idea that this might not have been purely religious, but it's all about the money.
    Some bastard is probably counting his millions right now, laughing his ass of while he sees how mad the US is at arabs.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1. how was a plane able to crash into the pentagon an hour after the WTC towers were hit? shouldn't someone have thought to watch the radar for other planes making u-turns?
    ---well, it was able to crash because it had already taken off. the flight pattern did show up on a radar screen, but the u-turn was so fast that the flight tracker couldn't have done anything about it. basically, it crashed because it was just too late.

2. why would the terrorists leave so much evidence in the airport parking lot? the attacks were planned so well, it seems odd that they would forget to hide the evidence.
    ---well, you have to remember that they knew they were going to die, so it is not like any of it really mattered to them... who cares if they found out who did it...they were gonna be dead! besides, they left evidence behind so they could be implicated. they WANTED us to know they did it...i believe it was a deliberate act and a declaration of war.

3. isn't it odd that almost immediately the attacks were said to 'look like the work of bin laden'? with all of the evidence quickly falling into place? we are not talking a parcel bomb here, nor even some fanatic driving a car bomb into a restaurant in jerusalem.
    ---no...and fingers were pointed becuase bin laden has been so outspoken about his thoughts and actions. everyone knew he wanted those buildings down...everyone knows he hates us. of course people are gonna point right to him...and he knows it.

4. why were so many people allowed to make phone calls? did the terrorists just not pay attention?
    ---like i said, what did they care. they knew there wasnt enough time to actually stop the planes, so all the phone calls didnt matter. they knew the people were going to die...they knew they were going to be idenitified..and the phone calls just garunteed more publicity.

5. what are the new actions taken by the airports doing to stop anything, i mean, what does a ban on curbside service have to do with stopping any of this?
    -well, when you curbside check in, your luggage does not get screened nearly as heavily as it does when you check in at the airport. stopping that is a big help. air marshals are supposedly on board (Although in civillian clothing)...cockpit doors are locked and many are planning to make them bulletproof and gernade proof in the next year. x-rays are much more complete (new machines at 150,000 a pop are being installed) and i.d's checked more often and thouroughly. there are tons of things they are doing right now.

wait, wait, i'm sorry. i don't know what i was thinking. of course bin laden's men did it. why would the pentagon expect to get hit? the attacks were in new york! yes, it all makes sense now. i was wrong.
    yeah, those bin laden terroists were good, but they were no lee harvey oswald.
    ---that wasnt their objective.

------------------

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123