Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

1. how was a plane able to crash into the pentagon an hour after the WTC towers were hit? shouldn't someone have thought to watch the radar for other planes making u-turns?

2. why would the terrorists leave so much evidence in the airport parking lot? the attacks were planned so well, it seems odd that they would forget to hide the evidence.

3. isn't it odd that almost immediately the attacks were said to 'look like the work of bin laden'? with all of the evidence quickly falling into place? we are not talking a parcel bomb here, nor even some fanatic driving a car bomb into a restaurant in jerusalem.

4. why were so many people allowed to make phone calls? did the terrorists just not pay attention?

5. what are the new actions taken by the airports doing to stop anything, i mean, what does a ban on curbside service have to do with stopping any of this?

wait, wait, i'm sorry. i don't know what i was thinking. of course bin laden's men did it. why would the pentagon expect to get hit? the attacks were in new york! yes, it all makes sense now. i was wrong.
    yeah, those bin laden terroists were good, but they were no lee harvey oswald.

------------------
    the one who believes he is free, is bound by the strongest cage.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>wait, wait, i'm sorry. i don't know what i was thinking. of course bin laden's men did it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a maze, Gnosis. But there is no need to be sorry for anything you said. Neither do you please nor upset anyone by saying that bin Laden did it or not.
    Your doubts are reasonable. But before burying these doubts, think about what you do this in favor of. I can understand your need, anybody's need to feel certain about who did it, in order for one to take action. But if one convinces oneself of someone else's guilt (despite the lack of unquestionable proof), then the case is not retaliation.

------------------
    Never onlyne

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gnosis_within:
    wait, wait, i'm sorry. i don't know what i was thinking. of course bin laden's men did it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny, I thought he was being sarcastic here.

And all the points are valid ones.

The question is... am I paranoid to believe what gnosis seems to be implying?

------------------
    Give me an edit button, and I'll moderate the WORLD!!!

The Neil & Neal Show

That's our eris! Shy, reserved, prone to pounding helpless arachnids... ~ 5Cats

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Surely, this is not the place to discuss these matters. But I am sure you're sure what gnosis is implying. We all remember that the Arab perpetrator in Oklahoma turned out to be McVeigh. But of course Gnosis doesn't point out a 'militia' paranoid. Actually, he doesn't point out anyone. With so many US agents all over the world (also inside the US), it's hardly feasible to point out anyone.

...caddies in action

[This message has been edited by pplaverita (edited September 15, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is obviously more of a political discussion than a philosophical one but that really doesn't mean much. Over on The, which is allegedly a sports board, topics that aren't WTC related are being marked as such and there aren't that many of them.

That said there are philosophical issues related to the incident as well as to the issues of trust and distrust.

But the biggest one that comes to my mind is "What would you die for?" These were suicidal hijackers. I'm not saying people haven't died for this country but it just seems like a stretch that it would be done in this manner.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Thread Killa (edited September 15, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i have to agree that the fundamentalistic islamitic community still holds the monopoly on suicide attacks.
    but they didn't all have to be suicidal.
    take one or two per plane, with the rest holding the people in the back of the plane.

------------------
    Sure the universe is a great place, but if it wasn't here, no-one would miss it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

btw, if you're really interested in history, take a look at the hashishi (or however you spell it) modernly named "the assasins".
    that should give you an idea for the possibilities.

------------------
    Sure the universe is a great place, but if it wasn't here, no-one would miss it.

TastinGood

I reluctantly have to agree with dumbass (gnosis_within) on this one. Things just don't quite add up.
    I am quite well versed on this topic, so if anyone has any questions just jot them down in a post on this board. I will be sure to answer them ASAP! You can ask questions to Gnosis.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>The Washington Post reports the Federal Aviation Administration alerted the national military air defense command that a hijacked jet was hurtling toward the Pentagon 12 minutes before the plane hit, but apparently no one relayed that message to Pentagon security so they didn't evacuate building.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i wonder who didn't relay the message, and who ordered them not to.

------------------
    the one who believes he is free, is bound by the strongest cage.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

according to local and international news services, some of the terrorists took flying lessons in florida, where a dutchmen owns a flying company.
    According to an interview with this man by dutch national television they requested emphasis on the flying itself, not the take-off and landings. Furthermore one of the two, who presumedly was the person behind two of the airplane hijacks and crashes had a real problem with authority etc..

------------------

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast