Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

jd--

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>if god is infinite, you would not be able to find one thing that was not god. if you did, that would set a boundary on him. [This strikes me as a straw argument--define God according to the need of your argument, then knock down your conveniently-defined God. I'm not saying you do so with ill intent--that is probably how you genuinely see God. But it is certainly not my Godview. That is a pantheist view.] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

what is your godview? and how do you not define god according to your arguement, and then build up your conveniently defined god?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>if god is all-loving, he would love sin, and why would god punish a person for doing something that he loves. [IMHO, it is a logical absurdity to say that God must love sin; it is a clear principle in Scripture that God loves sinners while hating sin; "all-loving" refers to his love for people, not his love for everything that exists--how could God love people and evil at the same time, when evil hurts people? Nice try, though.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> ]

do you believe that all of the people that god has killed were not hurt? do you think that the people that died in the flood did not feel pain? what about the people in sodom and gamorrah? god hurts people too, does this mean he does not love himself?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>if god is all-knowing, and jesus is god, then he would have to know when he is coming back, yet in the bible, not only was he incorrect about when he was coming back, he later said that he does not know when he is coming again. [The Bible is very clear on the fact that Jesus set aside God-prerogatives in taking human form.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

if jesus 'set aside god-prerogatives,' what was he doing here? wasn't his entire existence the 'prerogative' of god?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>if jesus was so great and powerful, why did people, even his own disciples, doubt him? [Because he confounded their expectations of the Messiah. In context, it seems obvious (to me, at least).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

your answer is correct. the jews were expecting a messiah that would come destroy their enemies, not be killed by them. that is another reason that jesus can't be the messiah of the old testament.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>why are we punished for adam and eve's sin? if your great grandfather committed a murder, would it be fair to force him to produce offspring that would also be punished for his act? [We are responsible for our own sin. I am unaware of any passage in the Bible that says we are punished for the sin of Adam and Eve.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

read genesis, then get back to me on this one.

i understand that your endless self-promotion (which is very capitalistic...uh..i mean, christian, by the way) prevents you from answering all of the questions i posted. i understand, though. every time i ask a christian those questions, they are avoided.
    dodging questions is the christian's only line of defense.
    and by the way, i never said there was no god, i just asked some simple questions.

tin heart--

dont feel down about what has been happening here. just remember that this is the way you will be treated every time you agrue with a christian. they have no real proof as to why they are right and everyone else is wrong, they just have 'faith' that they are. i know that all of this is useless. i posted many questions, most of which will be ignored because they have no answer for it. for some reason, i still have the motivation to continue, but i dont blame you for walking away.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

i am not pleased with the route this thread has taken. i will, in turn, issue a new thread to discuss this very issue.
    thank you.

------------------
    ~~share some greased tea with me~~

General Philosophy

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456