Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To all this may concern:

Do you believe in the Christian God? If you do, that's your problem. If you do and have reasons to, good for you. If you don't and ask for reasons to, then you should consult Merrill Lynch or any other business consulting firm - or even your life insurance company.

------------------
    UlTm8 BOARDOM

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't belive I asked or expected anyone on this site to belive in a christian God.

What I did ask was how your belief system affected this question.

For someone to dismiss someone else's philosophy makes you a simple close minded fool. The very thing you appear to be accusing me of being by dismissing every word I said as a conversion narative.

Anyone willing to simply disagree with my belief system and interested in answering my questions, I thank you.

OH, and before I leave disapointed, I thought I might add that to consider this question without thinking of the fact that most people in this world live an exsistence that none of us can imagine makes a statement like "simple as pie" VERY FUNNY.

Than again, as long as you stay in your own little world, other people don't really matter, do they?

------------------
    88 and Shaz: The Original Brothers of Smak.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

if life was simple as pie, people wouldn't starve to death.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Life is very hard, if you live it right.

And life is very good.

--jd

------------------
    Author of ANSWERS TO SATISFY THE SOUL
    Website at Denneybooks.com
    Moderator of the ANSWERS TO SATISFY THE SOUL Forum

Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>For someone to dismiss someone else's philosophy makes you a simple close minded fool. The very thing you appear to be accusing me of being by dismissing every word I said as a conversion narative.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I do hope you weren't referring to people on this board as such "close minded fools". Because I would beg to differ. Especially seeing as your comment came right after Shatoushka's question as to why she would want to believe in a christian God.
    She's simply asking you, since you so firmly believe in it, to elaborate on your beliefs *I would venture to think*. She's not dismissing anything, yet. As all people do, or should do, she's looking at all angles of things... so before you go calling names, such as simple minded fools, take a step back and take a breath.
    No one is accusing you of anything, and I'm glad you love me since I said this was a "simple" question, because, you see it is. I wanted personal opinions. I didn't want to bring religion into this, but I suppose it has some bearing, but I wasn't interested in that aspect. I mearly wanted to see who thought what of life. That's it.
    Like I said before, you people *whom seem to think the need to SUPER elaborate on the subject* are making a simple innocent question, too much.
    and to those of you who havne't done such, I thank thee for your opinions.

------------------
    As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...

If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.
    Word And Voice
    Motocross Fanatics
    General Philosophy

[This message has been edited by Hannibal (edited October 27, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wrote Shato and discussed my comments. It was a simple misunderstanding by the two of us but we had a chance to talk about some things. I already have a great deal of respect for the opionions expressed.
    Not to menation that you very thoughtfully replied to the statement made.

A great deal of questions can only be understood if you know where the person is coming from. I hope you are quickly able to understand where I am coming from so that I do not have to bring up religon unless directly being discussed.

Right now I am having a hard time understanding many of the comments without this foundation of understanding. But I am new and I am sure I will pick them up and be able to discuss a wide range of topics.

Time to go to my OTHER board. I look forward to getting to know everyone and learning a great deal about others prospectives.

------------------
    88 and Shaz: The Original Brothers of Smak.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123