Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Something interesting I just thought about was that no one strayed from my original word choice. I realize that I sayed is it "this" or is it "that", but no one changed this or that to a personal interpretation for the most part *outside of asking "waht is life"*
    So is it possible that I then dictated your way of thinking to a degree?

------------------
    As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...

If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Simple as pie.

------------------

Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How is it you give "a penny for your thoughts" but everyone has to put in their 2 cents?

------------------

If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    that's why we all die in debt.

------------------
    ~~share some greased tea with me~~

General Philosophy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

that reminds me of that 80's song
    "life is life"

i guess that's all i can say about it, life can be hard, life can be good on you but we all live and all do it differently (albeit some more differently than others)

hmm, my 0.02 eurocents

------------------
    Sure the universe is a great place, but if it wasn't here, no-one would miss it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd have to say that the question is confusing. What do you mean by 'more difficult than it seems?'
    Seems to whom?
    When?
    Why?
    My life is only as difficult as it seems, never more. But the level of difficulty changes. On weekend days when I go to the beach with my friends it's simple as pie. Last Monday when I was going on three hours of sleep it was really difficult. Lots of stuff piled on stuff and not nearly enough seconds in the day to get it all done and too tired to do any of it well. But I think that was more my perception than any absolute difficulty. I could just as easily quit and gone to the beach.

------------------
    "We shall not cease from exploration / And the end of all our exploring / Will be to arrive where we started / And know the place for the first time." --T.S. Eliot

known tyle since she was bald.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

that's the whole thing, over all? simple? hard? You complicate a simple question.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

that's the whole thing, over all? simple? hard? I realize it changes, but there is more of one, than of the other, which do you feel dominates? You complicate a simple question.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Finally, a board where random questions can be discussed.

LIFE IS HARD. It is suppose to be hard and the only people for which it is not difficult are kidding themselves.

I would even go on to say that life sucks and it is suppose to be that way.

"But why do think think that Shaz?"
    Good question.

In order to understand my answer, you must understand where I am coming from and what I belive.

I am a christian that belives in the basic ideas of the lutheran church.

In this basic belief, I think there is a God and that we are his creations.

I am going to assume that everyone knows the basic ideas that go along with this belief system, if you have any spacific questions, fire away.

In this belief system, I belive the fundamental question in life is WHY?

For, if God is a loving God and capable of all things, why do we live in a world full of suffering and death?

This question was AND STILL IS a difficult one to answer and even thought I have come to terms with this questions (I am getting there) it doesn't change the fact that these ideas are very difficult to deal with.

For I figured that we were here on earth to live a people and worship God until we die and goto heaven. The idea being that we must be here to learn something.

My question to anyone that would answer was "why can't God put us directly in heaven with all the knowledge we need and none of the suffering?"

Seemed like a good question to me. STILL DOES.

The answer is found in our formation.
    Before us, there were only angles. They were to serve God and had no free will. YES, some went with satan but if that is your question, ask me and I will be happy to go into that one.

Any way, when God created us, he did so with the idea that we would have free will. The option to love and respect God or not.
    For how better to know you are loved and respected then to know that that person has a choice.

This leads back to life. As a christian, life is suffering. Life sucks! But it is only in this world of our own making that we can deside if we are to love and respect our God.

Is there an easy life? It depends on how you look at it.

Is there an easy life where you can give yourself to the ideas of a moral free lifestyle. One where you take without thinking of others and make a place for yourself and your money? SURE!!!! But as a christian, I would say that it will surely suck when you leave this world and goto hell.

On the other hand. You can have an easy life if you place your trust in God. Not easy in that worldly things will go well, they will SUCK but easy in that your eternal sole is saved and that death is nothing to be feared. If you take this one step further and do your best to share this idea with others, you can be a peace that you did what you could in the service of your God.

To sum up.
    Christian prospective. Life on earth sucks but that faith in God leads to eternal life which is MUCH nicer.

My question is to those without a faith in the christian God.

How does this question relate to your belief system. Both those that do believe in some higher power and those that do not.

Thank you for your responces. Please don't take this as a speach but simply as the only way I would answer a fundamental question.
    Even if you don't agree with a word out of my mouth, it is at the very least an interesting philosophy.

BTW, I love the person that called this a "simple question"
    IS THERE SUCH THING AS A "SIMPLE" QUESTION?

------------------
    88 and Shaz: The Original Brothers of Smak.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

*thinks there must be something in the water*

why (again?) would i (want) to believe in the christian god?

------------------
    ~~share some greased tea with me~~

General Philosophy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast