Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's the scenario, there's a lightbulb upstairs in a room which you cannot see. It's the middle of the day *so you can't see the light from the room by flipping the switches*
    your standing in a room by a board with 3 light switches on it. How do you figure out which switch turns on the light upstairs??
    **you can only go upstairs once**
    you can't flip a switch, go upstairs, come back flip a different one.

------------------
    As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...

If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In case you havent figured it out yet and still want to try I will post my guess below...
    smile
    smile
    smile
    smile
    smile
    smile
    smile
    smile
    smile
    smile
    smile
    smile
    smile
    smile
    smile
    smile
    smile
    smile
    smile
    smile
    smile
    smile
    smile
    smile
    smile
    smile
    smile
    smile
    smile
    Ok...here is how I would do it. First I would name all of the switches "A", "B", and "C" to make it simple on me 'ol noggin.
    I would then Flip switch "A" and "B". Then I would wait around maybe read a magazine or something. Then I would flip switch "B" again to turn it off. After that I would walk up the stairs to see the infamous bulb. If it were on I would know that it was bulb "A". If it were off then I would know that it were bulb "B" or "C". At that point I would ask myself how the hell am I going to know since I just wasted my only trip upstairs?! Then I would remind myself that 'oh yeah' I left switch "B" on for awhile. Then I would proceed to touch the bulb. If warm, "B" is the culprit. If cool, "C" is my man.

Thank you, thank you. I love brainteasers.

------------------

Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

God damnit. Your not fun frown But great job biggrin
    you got it. Now, all who read this, don't post the answer on the other boards that I have posted this question at.

------------------
    As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...

If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.