Thread: what is death anyways - Toushka?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

i'm not dead...just more insightful now.

what is death anyways... you never really die.

missed me? smile

------------------
    what is it that i do exactly?

What?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

out of all the new replies on this forum so far, this one seems to be the most pressing (for the moment). that is not to say that i will not reply to the rest...
    just that this thread seems to issue, in a matter of a few words, everything i think i am discussing against. i don't expect anyone reading this to understand what i am saying...
    well, maybe one or two of you. (if i'm lucky.)

i could begin my reply simply as stating that i find the question to be non-serious.
    that is not a big deal...just that, when you ask me what is death and then back it up with you never really die, then it seems useless to answer.
    (assuming, of course, that the questioner was intent on asking for the sake of getting results)

who knows now-a-days.

i could then ask the questioner what it means to live, or, to be alive. but that in itself is even more complicated and we all know that i am tired of the meaning of life.

instead, i think i'll approach this post as face-value and answer:

nice to see you again, neologism.

wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

------------------
    ~~share some greased tea with me~~
    General Philosophy
    Discuss This...
    The Acropolis

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"I come again with this sun, this earth, this eagle, this snake. Not to a new life or a better life or a similar life. I come eternally again to this same life, in what is greatest and what is smallest, and teach again the eternal recurrence of all
    things." ~ (Friedrich Nietzsche - Also Sprach Zarathustra, part III)

------------------
    There is no death. Only a change of Worlds
    My Open Diary

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SHATOUSHKA:
    out of all the new replies on this forum so far, this one seems to be the most pressing (for the moment). that is not to say that i will not reply to the rest...
    just that this thread seems to issue, in a matter of a few words, everything i think i am discussing against. i don't expect anyone reading this to understand what i am saying...
    well, maybe one or two of you. (if i'm lucky.)

i could begin my reply simply as stating that i find the question to be non-serious.
    that is not a big deal...just that, when you ask me what is death and then back it up with you never really die, then it seems useless to answer.
    (assuming, of course, that the questioner was intent on asking for the sake of getting results)

who knows now-a-days.

i could then ask the questioner what it means to live, or, to be alive. but that in itself is even more complicated and we all know that i am tired of the meaning of life.

instead, i think i'll approach this post as face-value and answer:

nice to see you again, neologism.

wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

interesting indeed. But i may want to respond to the responder that everyone has different perceptions/beliefs of death. So by the questioner ( being myself) merely stating "you never really die" in response to that question posted, it was giving a view.

I agree with the posting one step above. That quote is beautiful.

i was serious in the intent of the question, and it wasn't for results, but rather views, beliefs, questions and expression.

it's good to see you too toushka (do you like that name? smile)

------------------

What?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Shatzy, just answer the darn question.

------------------
    Alex

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

hmmm.....

i realise that we can all post views on the subject. yours is yours...and that is cool.
    about the nietzsche eternal return.
    i am not sure we are supposed to be satisfied with his hypothesis. i mean, can anyone here TRULY be satisfied knowing that you are going to repeat your life again?

beautiful?
    hmmm....

no matter how beautiful, a cage is still a cage.

------------------
    General Philosophy
    Discuss This...
    The Acropolis

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

a cage...how is it that living can be a cage.

the experiences, the pain, the hurts, the emotions, the love, the thought, the touches, caresses, a smile, a childs eyes, the chaos, the pseudo order...

if i had to live this life again as something else.. i'd jump at the chance.

regardless of what anyone believes pertaining to death, it is believed in either fear, or joy. whenther that brings relief to believe in what others say is that persons sole valition.

do you think it says something about a person, if they haven't a view on death, or fear the thought of i, or soming to a realisation about it?

------------------

What?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>a cage...how is it that living can be a cage.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    the list is infinite.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>if i had to live this life again as something else.. i'd jump at the chance.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    but what if you had to re-live this same life you live now, with all the same experiences?
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>if i had to live this life again as something else.. i'd jump at the chance.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    i would like further explination here, please. if someone had no significant emotion (indifference??) to death, which of the two would you classify it as?
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>do you think it says something about a person, if they haven't a view on death, or fear the thought of i, or soming to a realisation about it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    i'd say they were sane.

i like your questions. wink

------------------
    General Philosophy
    Discuss This...
    The Acropolis