Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country."

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."

"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."

"The future will be better tomorrow."

"We're going to have the best educated American people in the world."

Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 21/9/97

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."

"We are ready for any unforeseen event that may or may not occur."
    Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 22/9/97

"For NASA, space is still a high priority."
    Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 5/9/93

"Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children."
    Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 18/9/95

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment.
    It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

"[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"

"I understand small business growth. I was one."

"The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case."

"It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet."

"I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to answer questions. I can't answer your question."

"Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods."

------------------

Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm sorry, yea at face value those are funny, but if you actually put a little thought into them, and rationalize them down, most or quite a few of them can make perfect sense. I don't think it's fair for people to quote things like that, when they themselves say stuff like that everyday, it's mearly used in different situations and the people are less prominent, therefore no one records them as frequently.
    They're really not as bad as they first seem... :P

------------------
    As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...

If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.
    Word And Voice
    Motocross Fanatics
    General Philosophy

TastinGood

I do not know where you got those and so far I have only looked at the first one. BUT that is not what he said.

I remember this being a joke on Leno when Bush first stated it. They played a clip of it and what Bush said was that the majority of our imports come from OVERSEAS. The dumbass audience all thought that was funny but if my geography skills serve me correctly both Canada and Mexico are not overseas are they? And things are imported from both of these places.

I will now read the rest of your post and shoot down every incorrect statement you present.

------------------
    "Lopedog dont ride for no trickass bitches" -Lopedog from "Frezno Smooth"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

nice thinking, tastingood.
    SCORE:
    tastingood= 1
    gnosis= 0

i also agree with hanny to a certain degree. for some reason, people like to imagine our president (whomever they may be) as some infallable god.
    the president is human.
    sometimes it irritates me to see how the public reacts to simple things such as this.

yes... they ARE funny.
    but what makes it funny? his station?

------------------
    ~~share some greased tea with me~~
    General Philosophy
    Discuss This...
    The Acropolis

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Personall, as an outsider looking in on the U.S.A. I find that it is very important to remeber to respect the office of the president of the United States Of America, and then the person occupieing that office.

People make mistakes all the time, it is important for our leaders to be better at not making mistakes, if possible, as the result of leadership mistakes can cost lives.

But to fault someone for what is basically 'human error', Shat's probably right that it is because of his office that it is given such untoward prominance.

Gonna tell me that none of you have ever slipped up like that, nevermind the under the pressure of the lights and camera's, the press-corps, the stresses and strains of public political life, heck everyone has the right to making some errors, better that they be verbal ones then strategic ones!

But I am an outsider, so it is your judements on this one that count, mine are simply MOOT

------------------
    My Teacher is in all people, but not all people are my Teacher