Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

then i suppose that if you were driving down the road one day and you happened to see a flying pink elephant hovering above your car...it would be safe to assume that flying pink elephants exist--definitely NOT a case of delusion--IF what you say is correct.
    right?

------------------
    ~~share some greased tea with me~~

General Philosophy

Inactive Member Intellectual Predator's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thats not quite what I said. What I said was in essence that evil is mis--named.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Evil is this, evil is that, evil is here, evil is not, evil brings pain, evil exists, evil is wrong, wrong is bad, bad is no good, good is god (less an "o"), god is but evil, god is a fraud, devil is (what?), I'm trapped in this shit, thank you very much.

------------------
    UlTm8 BOARDOM

Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Without good *if there is such a thing* and/or truth *again, if there is such a thing* can evil *if it exhists* exhist??
    a double edged sword all these things fall into, and I suppose it is funny. Evil doesn't exhist, just seperate ideas of obscure paranoia and personal insecurity, leading one to think that what they do is "evil" when in reality, it's just a simple problem that life hands them, of which they can't solve. A person kills millions of people, for reasons no one fully understands *Hitler* is he evil? I would venture to say not.
    Evil cannot exhist, does not exhist. And if it does, then we cannot paint one person as evil without that same paint dropping onto each and every other person alive.
    so it either doesn't exhist, or we are all evil.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>If you are mugged, robbed, cheated, exploited, or otherwise abused or ill-used by someone else, you will not complain, you will not whine, because such acts are meaningless. There is no morality, no unfairness, no evil, and hence no reason to complain about anyone being unjust or unfair to you. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I agree Jd. Meaningless. Life is just that. It doesn't matter what we do, how we do it, it doesn't matter if we do it at all.
    We don't matter anyhows biggrin
    ------------------
    As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...

If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.
    Word And Voice
    Motocross Fanatics
    General Philosophy

[This message has been edited by Hannibal (edited November 05, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is silly to say there is no evil when it is clear that situational evil exists.

------------------
    Alex

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>If, in accordance with your statement it is all meaningless, then what the heck are you bothering to do??, writing about it here.
    Nothing better to do??
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    In all honesty, yes, nothing better to do... I'm not gonna ask for you to prove to me how it is all meaningfull, because it just can't be done.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Nevermind that you seem to be inable to recognise that someone who was directly, and indirectly, responcible for the wanton deaths of millions, isn't somehow evil??
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I recognize what he did, and I don't believe he is "evil" for it. I think he was a bad person, but not necessarily evil. Like I stated, I believe evil doesn't exhist.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>. Evil doesn't exhist, just seperate ideas of obscure paranoia and personal insecurity, leading one to think that what they do is "evil" when in reality, it's just a simple problem that life hands them, of which they can't solve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I stand behind this. Life said Hitler killed millions, you don't understand because your not him. To him he was doing good, so therefore, you labeled him as evil. Point in case.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>His activities were clear, his want of world domination quite evident<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    It was not only world domination, his original actions were mearly to exterminate the jews, which is bad, but world domination came later. I'm sure there is much more behind the stories that you or I fail to recognize. It seems you forgot his main task, which makes me wonder just how much other things you might be missing when you reply acting as if we knew full well what all of his intentions were. We don't. We may know most of them, but not all.

as for if he had succeeded, well, i'm not interested in that. Why? Because he didn't so it holds no relevance... but I'm afraid I have gotten off topic.
    My main reasons being that he was not necessarily evil, just a man who's mistaken thinking of people, led him to make mistakes as humans are prone to doing. It wasn't evil that made him kill, it was hatred, and mislead thinking.
    which once more, brings me to conclude that "evil" doesen't exhist.

*on a side note, I was reading through the replies, and I had not read your comment about hitler, until AFTER posting these last two posts, kinda interesting. Funny even, that you mentioned him, and without knowing that, I once again mentioned him.*

------------------

If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.
    Word And Voice
    Motocross Fanatics
    General Philosophy

[This message has been edited by Hannibal (edited November 05, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    for what is 'freedom of speech' if not 'freedom of propaganda'?
    its time to re-evaluate motive.

------------------
    ~~share some greased tea with me~~

General Philosophy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oh geez, this is gonna be long, and I'm afraid strenuously boring seeing as a person bent my words around on me, which I suppose is a good way to keep semantics alive wink

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
    Apparently you have decided that it cannot be done, without even trying. Your loss, not mine, aside I personally believe it is meaningful, as I have found LOTS of meaning in my life.....but that is IMHO.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    eh hem, I have not decided without attempt. I believe Shatoushka could possibly provide witness at my attempts to find meaning in life...(?) But you have found meaning, great, and when you die, all that meaning is gone. Therefore, it's unimportant. Because you'll be dead, and it will then mean nothing to anyone. Point proven. biggrin

It is amazing to me that you haven't studied the historical record of the person you wpould wish to characterize as a BAD MAN as it is clear enough from the records that do remain, he planned what he did, and his motives were quite clear in the manners in which he deliberately lied to people to gain further advantage in his Master plan for the master race

He was, from the beginning a liar and a murderer!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh hem, I have studied the man whom i called a bad man. That is the reason I called him such, seeing as I don't believe in evil, it would sound awfully stupid for me to say 'he was an evil man' don't you agree? If there is a better word for bad.. attrocious, vicious, then feel free to insert it wherever I have bad stated. You seem to hold the word "bad" in very low value as to what it means. I think in all reality, your idea of "evil" is simply a heightened degree of "badness", your just refusing to yeild.
    Your making 'evil' sound like your meaning 'very bad'. You imply it has religious connotations but have not led the debate in that direction as of yet... interesting.
    as for being a liar and a murderer, have our leaders been anything but that? Need I mention the obvious debate of JFK in which our government killed it's own leader and lied to us? Or some would say that is what occured...but... at any rate, back to topic.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Perhaps the reason that you do not sense the presence of evil as existent, is because you deny an inner part of yourself, and you have no real experiance to obtain the sensation from, but I could be wrong, as I am only guessing here.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> You "guessed" wrong. I know about what hitler did, therefore, according to you, I should know that he is "evil" yet I think differently. What inner part of myself are you talking about? I think perhaps that needs elaborated on, if you can relate it to topic...
    The historical record differs on what you attempt to assert, nevermind the simplicity that someone stating that they are doing good, is NOT the manner to sit in judgement, you judge from there actions, and his were exceedingly clear.....why you ask??, because people LIE<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    this made no sense, however, what I got out of it is that you think hitlers actions were CLEARLY evil. But as I stated, in his mind he was doing as he saw to be for the good of mankind. And although he brainwashed many to kill for him, through lies, he was smart enough to do so wink. This is just reinforcing what I said about hitler being bad. Your getting horribly off topic.(or at least strengthening my argument as to the fact that he was a bad man) we all know what he did was wrong... your not doing a good job of proving he was "evil". Your just saying, he was evil. Tell us what evil is instead of arguing how bad hitler was, WE KNOW HOW BAD, sheesh...
    Firstly, for you to comment that his wanton assault upon the members of the Jewish Faith
    "was merely Bad", WOW, what planet did you grow up on?? (my apologies, but I must, as that statement is just way to much!)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Eh hem, I did NOT state that it "was merely bad" I stated his task "was merely to exterminate the jews, which is bad" Meaning, he simply had one task on mind, I didn't mean that it was not diabolical and horrid. Let's not switch words where they don't belong shall we.
    You tell me that I forgoten his main task, but you fail to explain what that was, aside from the obvious world domination that has already been established as his goal of origin, as he himself apparently explained in the Book "Mien Kamp"(sp?) (I haven't read it, but I have accepted the testimony of many a learned persons, as seen on T.V., that have clearly attested to his intent as having been obvious from that book)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I did explain his main task was besides world domination, the extermination of the jews. Re read what I said for the first time. As for you "knowing" what Mein Kampf is about, perhaps you should read it, and not believe "learned peoples" who could LIE, just like hitler did, he wasn't dumb you know, hitler was quite learned.
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>That you would quibble on this point as to attempt to hide his very EVIL activities, well, is it possible that you are a member of the Flat Earth Society as well??????????
    (It is only a question, NO infferances can be drawn until it is answered!)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Alright, I don't know what the Flat Earth Society is... for one, and for two, I never attempted to hide anything, in fact, you presented world domination, so i presented that he ALSO wanted to kill all the jews. So infact, I was telling MORE of the bad things he did. I shall ask you very politely to get your facts straight before you EVER attack with uneducated statements like THAT again. mad

You seem to think that everything he did was "Just an accident", well, the easiest manner to realize if someones actions are accidents or intentional, is to look for the repetition, do they learn from the first "accident" and NOT repeat it, or do they learn from the first attempt how to do it in a bolder manner, as Hitler clearly did.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excuse me, but WHERE did i assert that his actions were accidental? If something was accidental I wouldn't call a person very bad for it. However, I think hitler to be an extremely bogus person. SO, your entire comment is once again pulled off of an assumption, on something I never said... READ what I say.
    Your whole reply was extremely edgey, and very assuming, as well as attacking, changing things I said, and inventing things I simply did NOT say. Tisk tisk... mad

------------------

Word And Voice
    Motocross Fanatics
    General Philosophy

[This message has been edited by Hannibal (edited November 10, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SHATOUSHKA:
    is there a such thing as 'evil'?
    i'm not referring to a dictionary term or a slight understanding of what the word means.
    i know what it means.
    what i wanna know is, i cannot say because i have to use a word that i have grown to loathe... 'exist'.
    so, technically, does evil, in fact, 'exist'?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Firstly, please define, what do YOU mean when you say "evil"?

An example would help. smile

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't believe you, Sapius! You just come here, after the thread has grown that big, and you ask for definitions?

It must have been very brave of you to say "firstly" in the #28 post of a thread...

------------------
    UlTm8 BOARDOM

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast