Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For one person to feel/think about another person a certain way, and then later meet another who they then feel the same way about? A cycle almost, but then doesn't that eliminate the need of individualism in between people if there are set standards that then produce set results of the said people of which we're thinking/feeling?
    Hmmm..
    I just can't get some things off my mind, or perhaps due to me thinking so much is the reason behind the fact that one is to feel the same way to more people than just the one they're suppposed to be inclined to feeling that way about...
    *takes a deep breath*

SOooooooo..... then where does that leave the one who is doing the feeling/thinking? Paralyzed within his own mind not knowing if what's going on is wrong or right, but then perhaps there would be a deciding factor if he were to take the feeling to a new level with each individual to see if there is something behind the scenes that then classifies one as better than the other.
    but alas, if he attempts to do that at the same time that is considered bad, but over the course of time people change and may then not fit the criteria for whatever it was he enjoyed about them in the first place.
    Is there a happy medium?

Once more, what do you do if the one that you think that you are feeling/thinking about does the same about you? that is ideal conditions most definately, but what if their thinking/feeling is also spread over a pattern of people who then must be included into the equation making you nothing more than a decimal in a masterminded equation of life.
    Have then your opinions any true clout? Because then they are an even smaller peice of the puzzle than the meer percentage that you already stand with the one that your thinking/feeling about.

So then is it really worth the effort to think/feel about someone in the first place, especially about someone you've never met?
    Perhaps just seen? Brushed against on occasion? Philosophized with? Argued against?
    Then wherein the original percentage you may have had with the person, assuming you have a close and personal role, is then reduced due to the fact that she fits criteria based moreso on physical aspects than of the mental or intellectual capacity.
    Thereby reducing your chances even further into a rather pathetic shot. Much like attempting to kill an elephant with a pellet gun.
    So then I pose the question why is it that we think/feel about someone?
    Why must we do this?
    Why is there one especially for myself I know that I am thinking/feeling about when perhaps I should be paying more attention to those more attainable within my life...

*takes a deep breath and leaves for others to respond to*

------------------
    As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...

If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.
    Word And Voice
    Motocross Fanatics
    General Philosophy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ah Harmony.................Awe-love.

------------------
    My Teacher is in all people, but not all people are my Teacher

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

torn.
    the heart leads in different directions with the same force but under different circumstances. And with different risks, that one isn't wanting to take in case one loses both, or the wrong decision is made.

my suggestion...follow one's heart. To be fair to oneself, one has got to pursue what they feel they need to do. But also those involved. be selfish, selflessly. Meet the person. there's not another choice. Where as a feeling based on something less then physical has no means of progressing and inravleling unless there is that physical step made. To know touch and smell and the sense of closeness that was only done through an intelectual connection.

Love and feelings are nothing that can be resovled or desovled, cos the linger in the memories, and moments to come.

What is it that those moments should be like? Confused/torn or certain and pushing forward in the right direction? Don't think too much, act before the moments pass, and it gets more difficult.

The meaning of these feelings and why the exist, i feel, is but the process of love, and life. There is the need to be loved and to love them back. The need to be intregued, to find the "one" who understands, and if someone else comes in the picture that has the possibility to grant greater happiness, then the first or is tied, i feel one owes it to themself to research. Don't dive in another direction for you'll crush the origional, and don't "cheat" on the one but searching for the other.

Be certain about the choices, and if it involves hurting someone that's cared about deeply for the purpose of oneself being on that plain of complete fullfillness, it is what has to be done. How can they be happy if they aren't solely loved. That isn't fair.

But what is fair.

It's quite the predicatment. But there is never any harm in friendly persuing another if ones feelings are controled and ones motives are true.

I'm all about searching out. You never ever know what your missing if you let people pass you by.

just be happy with the decision. Regardless someone will be hurt. that's inevitable.

------------------
    utopianChaos

[This message has been edited by utopianChaos (edited January 26, 2002).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

heh... well then, i submit that previous response within the thread as my thoughts on the matter, given to anyone that has asked or pondered about the subject matter smile

I've changed the subject of the posting.

------------------
    utopianChaos

Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I suppose this comes off as a question thread, seeing as it's chalk full of 'em. However, this is more of a rant/questioning/freeform thread. Not really wondering what I should do, but mearly writing down what I've thought, and been asked about before, and things I ponder occasionaly smile

------------------
    As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...

If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.
    Word And Voice
    Motocross Fanatics
    General Philosophy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

i cannot agree with (what i think to be) utopianchaos' response to you, hanny.
    as much as i would like to agree that one should go with one's heart, there is no sense in that.

now, i understand where your original post came from and the circumstances surrounding that post, but despite that--even if someone else had posted it--i'd still say the same thing.

you need to use your head.
    mind over matter.

------------------
    ~~share some greased tea with me~~
    General Philosophy
    Discuss This...
    The Acropolis